Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2008, 03:05 PM   #11
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Default Re: Titles should be relevant.

View Post Originally Posted by stylediva7
Hello

I have seen something a lot lately on WI that really bugs me. Some people only threads with the title such as "Please help!", "Click here!", or "Guess what?" These threads make me feel overwhelmed and anxious because there are so many of them that make me curious and I feel like I need to click them all.

I think it should be a rule that titles of threads should be relevant to the thread content.

Such as the title "Please help!" should be "Please help with my math homework problem."

"Click here!" should be "Click here for information on the newest animal rights movement!"

And "Guess what?" should be something like "I got an A on my paper!" or whatever the reader is supposed to guess.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?
I so agree with you, stylediva. It is a very annoying practice. Relevant title should be a rule. If all posts with silly titles were immediately deleted, that would be a bit drastic but people would quickly learn!

Maybe, when a person posts a new thread, above the space where you type the title, if there was a little instruction saying "title must be relevant" or something like that, it would help?
Webberlily is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2008, 03:11 PM   #12
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

This thread was not your idea.. I saw it earlier... this has already been posted..

Please watch when you make your title to see if anything exactly like it has been posted.

Thanks,

Flipperz
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Old 10-12-2008, 03:25 PM   #13
♀ jaxcat ϓ
Gift Guru

jaxcat has disabled reputation

I have seen it before too, but not too recently. Thank you for posting a reminder.
jaxcat is offline Female
Old 10-12-2008, 03:29 PM   #14
Izzi Stormheart
Gifted

princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!

Oh, I have to totally agree with you! I think that it is great when people are specific about what the thread is about!
princesstiara is offline Female
Old 10-12-2008, 03:29 PM   #15
call me Ashley. [=
Gifted

FunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud of

This is true. You do not want to click on a title that says "MAJOR PROBLEM PLEASE CLICK!" and then find out someone doesnt know what to name their pet. This is not a major problem at all. They should make their thread title: "Need Help Naming Pet".
Thank you for posting this thread, it was needed in so many ways.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:38 PM   #16
Bill Kaulitz is
Gifted

-Miss-Webkinz- is a splendid one to behold-Miss-Webkinz- is a splendid one to behold-Miss-Webkinz- is a splendid one to behold-Miss-Webkinz- is a splendid one to behold

Yes, I totally agree!! i feel SO overwhelmed like I have to click them all, and then i might click one, then I forget all the others and feel like there was SOMETHING I needed to do before I logged out... xD Yes, I think that there should be a rule like that. Thank you for bringing it up! =]
-Miss-Webkinz- is offline Female
Old 10-12-2008, 03:46 PM   #17
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things
monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things

I think a rule is DEFINITELY in order for this one. Few things bother me more than an unspecific title. It makes browsing threads so much easier if everyone gets exactly to the point on their titles, that way we know what information we will find inside of the thread - something that will not waste our time.

If members think that posting a title with limited information will get more people to click on it, then they should know it only deters me from their threads.
monkeecj is offline Male
Old 10-12-2008, 04:02 PM   #18
YAY! I am a
Gift Trainee
stylediva7 is just really nicestylediva7 is just really nice

Sorry, I didn't know that something like this has already been posted. . .it no longer works for me when I post a title and threads like it come up.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:07 PM   #19
Lollipop8927
Gift Guru

lollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud of

I really hate the ones that say "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG CLICK HERE NOW!!! OMGGGGGGGGGG!!! PLEASE CLICK HERE!!! OMG!!" And the thread turns out to be.. something sortof weird.. like "I just bought the halloween bed in the Wshop!"

I've encountered those numerous times, and I just dont click them anymore.. and also, ones that say:

"CLICK HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE!! (aka, the ones that stretch out the page) those bug me becuase it makes it hard to read the rest of the threads.
lollipop8927 is offline Female
Old 10-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #20
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

I made a thread almost exactly like this a few days ago
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...r-t405111.html
LilyRose is offline Female
Closed