Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 07:14 PM   #11
Banned
PizzaGal is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Title your threads so people know what you want.

Oh sometimes that happens but i do not think its that much of a big deal
PizzaGal is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2008, 08:43 PM   #12
I'M BLUE! [DamDaDo]
Gifted

webkinz_lover_ is a name known to allwebkinz_lover_ is a name known to allwebkinz_lover_ is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by kajika
I am also sick of seeing the thread title "OMG OMG..."

Please tell us what has you so excited so we will want to read about it. OMG tells me nothing and doesn't even spark any interest. All I know is that you are freaking out about something. I think we should start The Thread Title Police - whenever we see a thread with a non-descriptive title, we post that they need to change the title. I have been so tempted to do this lately.
Thread Title Police. That would be a good idea, but I don't think it's gonna happen....but you never know!

View Post Originally Posted by Arbee
I agree 100%. No, 1000%! Well said.

This is such a huge forum that most of us don't have time to click all the vague, random threads just to see if they're of interest to us. I go to titles that pertain to what I need. Sometimes on the weekends I'll click some of the random ones, but find that many of them are just what you said, and I just pass on it without replying.

About "Thread Title Police": It made me chuckle to think about it. I would love to see it, but I doubt there's any way to do it without offending people. Too bad. I guess we, individually, just have to be responsible about communicating with each other.

Please help everyone find you among the myriad of topics here.

Exactly, when I look for threads, I don't have time to go to a thread that says "OMG LOOOOOK!!" I kinda think of them as spam titles. Lol.
webkinz_lover_ is offline Female
Old 11-06-2008, 08:52 PM   #13
cbbjmom
Webkinz :)

bennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant future

I Agree.there have been many times i've skipped alot of"OMG" and " come here!" i might only look if they add more to the title like come here ? my garden needs help! i know it takes longer but more people will help you. just my opinion.
bennysmommy1 is offline Female
Old 11-06-2008, 09:19 PM   #14
I'M BLUE! [DamDaDo]
Gifted

webkinz_lover_ is a name known to allwebkinz_lover_ is a name known to allwebkinz_lover_ is a name known to all

Glad you agree!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #15
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

I agree with you all the way.
I agree that you should make full titles, such as How do you like the new brown cow? for threads.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 11-07-2008, 05:02 PM   #16

-Bird- is an unknown quantity at this point

Great idea! I havn't made any new theads yet but I will remember that for later!
-Bird- is offline Female
Old 11-07-2008, 06:49 PM   #17
I'M BLUE! [DamDaDo]
Gifted

Glad you both agree. I don't have the time to sift through titles of "OMG" or "LOOK!!!!". If I have nothing to do, I might click on one, but usually they are talking about something I find no interest in.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:20 PM   #18
Vegan +
Gift Guru

Livi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond repute

I agree.. I tend to pass over the ones that say 'Someone help!' since I don't know what it is about. Or I will scroll over it and read the first few sentences that pop up.
Livi is offline Female
Old 11-07-2008, 09:27 PM   #19
Give a
Gift Guru

kinzdreamer has disabled reputation

i like the way you put this thread together and i couldn't agree more
kinzdreamer is offline Female
Old 11-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #20
2009 Will Be
Gifted

abbythegrey has a spectacular aura about

Oh! I agree 100%! I used to do this, because I thought that it would bring more viewers. But it really doesn't.

But, on WI, if you mouse over the thread title, it shows you the first couple of sentances in the thread. This helps me a lot with "mystery" threads.
abbythegrey is offline Female
Closed