Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
fashionista♥
Webkinz :)

stripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledge

Arrow A Tip for When You Post

When some people post, They do something like this:

Quote:
SAMPLE
~SAMPLE :acs::bas:
Notice the signature at the end of their post. I think when you do it on the profile, it's okay. I suppose just a simple:

Quote:
SAMPLE
~SAMPLE
would be okay. However, some people add pictures, smilies, etc.

If you want to add smilies and pictures, isn't that what signatures are for?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
I be Shadow. >:D
Gifted

shadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: A Tip for When You Post

Well, the images could mainly be because you can only upload one signature picture. It's an easy way to be able to have a little bit more of yourself in your posts.
shadowsown88 is offline Female
Old 02-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #3
fashionista♥

stripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledge

Yes but you can add up to two smilies. It just makes them look sorta crowded.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
WhiteTerrierFan

Smiles are nice to use, but they should be used appropriately, not just randomly. Let's say you think something is funny maybe put , or if you aren't talking about a certain webkinz, you can put the pet on there. It looks sloppy to just add them for no reason though. [rep]

---------- WhiteTerrierFan added 0 Minutes and 20 Seconds later ----------

Ohh, can't you give you any now, I will in a little while. (:

Last edited by WhiteTerrierFan; 02-02-2009 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #5
Gifted

FOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledge

You do have a point, signatures are supposed to be your 'Signing' of the post, hence the name 'Signature'. But then again, sometimes members do do that, who will it hurt if a member just puts something like '-Foreign ' or something like that after their post? It's their post right? And unless it is spam, against the rules, or offensive, I don't think it's that big a deal. So what if it is a bit annoying, thats just how they do things.
{Rep}
Old 02-02-2009, 04:22 PM   #6
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by stripesanddots
When some people post, They do something like this:

Notice the signature at the end of their post. I think when you do it on the profile, it's okay. I suppose just a simple:

would be okay. However, some people add pictures, smilies, etc.

If you want to add smilies and pictures, isn't that what signatures are for?
Rep for you!
Usually the new members and people that don't come on a lot do this. Although it's uncommon there's always someone that does this.I get 1 or 2 smileys but some people do like 20 of them. Like something like this:
Quote:
))
and it gets annoying.
But it is OK to sign your posts with your username like this:
Quote:
~Lizzyxwebkinz
but random smileys are uncalled for.

Last edited by lizzyxwebkinz; 02-02-2009 at 04:26 PM..
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 02-02-2009, 04:23 PM   #7
Gifted

gabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roost

I think the use of smilies is okay but should be limited. Too many members post nonsense posts that include just smiley's or a few letters and some smilies. I say it is okay to use some smilies but not ALOT. Make your posts nice, helpful, informative, and full of adjactives. That is what makes your post a great post. Also this is called spam. Spam is against the rules so do not do it! It is very annoying and shows other members that your annoying and they will not want to be your friend even if you are a friendly, caring, helpful person! Random usage of smilies should be in your signature. Your signature can be anything you want it to be ( As long as it is appropriate and not offensive. ). You have a great point stripesanddots! Great thread. Rep.
gabbyz2 is offline Female
Old 02-02-2009, 06:03 PM   #8
fashionista♥

Thanks to everyone!!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:05 PM   #9
e all love our

fluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant future

I think these are great additions to posts, it really shows the feelings of the people that posted. Like if they are sad, they would put a sad face, happy a happy face, and so on.
♥fluffypup♥
fluffypup is offline Female
Old 02-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #10
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

I love smilies...have no issue with them. They add emotion to posts and put across a feeling that might have been passed over with just reading the words.
LilyRose is offline Female
Closed

Tags
shadow eats tags - sc