Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
hy, of course I'm
Gifted

TrappersKid1 has disabled reputation

Default Time Zones

I don't know if this has been brought up before or not.

I am Gifted, and sometimes I wonder why a trader may take so long to finish or get back to me. I figured it would be good to have something at the bottom of our avatars that told what time zone they were in. This way if I post and they are 5 hours ahead of me, I would know that they probably won't get back to me until tomorrow.

I hope this made sense.

Last edited by TrappersKid1; 06-17-2009 at 05:15 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
I is a haven for a
Gift Guru

gReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Time Zones

Thats a good idea,TrappersKid.

So there would be less confusion in trades between people who live in diff. times.
gReTa is offline Female
Old 03-01-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
Splendiferous
Gifted

thimbleina is a glorious beacon of lightthimbleina is a glorious beacon of lightthimbleina is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, I guess that would be a nice feature.
thimbleina is offline Female
Old 03-01-2009, 11:57 AM   #4
Pokemonand webkinz4ever

I do like that feature. It'd be pretty cool.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #5
Toph is a
Gift Guru

cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible

That would be nice . But then there'd be me who's incredibly lazy and just leaves her time on kinztime , East coast, even though she's on west coast , so I could confuse people, LOL, but good idea!
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Old 03-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #6
Webkinz :)

AlohaWebkinz is a glorious beacon of lightAlohaWebkinz is a glorious beacon of light

That would be cool. I'm not anything to do with the GE, but just chatting with friends could use that. If you have no idea what time it is for your best friend, how can you be sure it is at all any time for them to be online? For me it is extra hard, because I'm in the HI time zone.
AlohaWebkinz is offline Female
Old 03-01-2009, 01:47 PM   #7
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

That is a good idea! It WOULD be really helpful when it comes to trading, like you said, so people might have an idea of when you would post back. MOST people would probably be in EST but there ARE those members who are in Pacific Mountain and Central. Like, myself. I've even met some people on here that live in New Zealand!
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 03-01-2009, 01:47 PM   #8
Gift Guru

tokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I think it is a very good idea. It would be really helpful for trading and other communications because there are some WI members who live in outside of US and Canada, they live in different parts of the world and it is really hard to calculate the time differences. (Europe, Asia, Australia etc etc.) I also think it would be nice if we could have that feature as an option, just in case some people don't wish to let others know which time zone there are in.
tokyo rose is offline Female
Old 03-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #9
hy, of course I'm
Gifted

TrappersKid1 has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by tokyo rose
I think it is a very good idea. It would be really helpful for trading and other communications because there are some WI members who live in outside of US and Canada, they live in different parts of the world and it is really hard to calculate the time differences. (Europe, Asia, Australia etc etc.) I also think it would be nice if we could have that feature as an option, just in case some people don't wish to let others know which time zone there are in.
I like the option idea also.

I am glad to see that this idea is liked. Maybe an Administrator will see it and bring it up as an option.

Thanks all for your input.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:56 PM   #10
Gifted

lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!

I do like this idea. I live on EST but I know many don't so it would be helpful to know what time zone they're on, to get an estimate of when they might get back to me.
lunalovegood57 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
code orange