Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
Call me Makena
Webkinz :)

gymnastics519 has disabled reputation

Wink "Thumbs Up" Post Idea!

Hello, I don't know if this is someones idea already, but I actually just thought of it myself so I didn't steel your idea or anything

Yes, I know we already have Rep Points but I thought of the idea of having a thumbs up on the side of every post, and if you like what the person said (i.e. helping someone, agreeing with them, like what they said, etc.) you can just click on the thumbs up and it can highlight in green and it will show how many people put a thumbs up for your post, so you can feel apreciated and proud of what you said. Also, some people don't know how to get to their Rep thing so they can see how many people put a thumbs up for their post. (It's kinda like on YouTube...)

If you don't like that idea, then maybe our notification would let us know that we got a rep, then we just click on say "You Got a Rep" or something, then it would guide us to the rep that the person gave us.

Please give me some feedback on this and let me know if you like these ideas!

Thanks!
-gymnastics519
gymnastics519 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
okey dokey artichoky
Gift Guru

zephyr has a reputation beyond reputezephyr has a reputation beyond reputezephyr has a reputation beyond reputezephyr has a reputation beyond reputezephyr has a reputation beyond reputezephyr has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: "Thumbs Up" Post Idea!

I like it but it's very similar to what we already have in rep boxes and stuff. It would be nice to know which post but most of my feedback on reps have said something specific or I can remember what I said on that topic. If someone doesn't know how to see their rep they can always ask..

Thanks for sharing your idea.
zephyr is offline Female
Old 03-19-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
Still a

emz360 is a glorious beacon of lightemz360 is a glorious beacon of lightemz360 is a glorious beacon of light

I really like those ideas, that would be really cool! And I agree, I think that we should get a notification when we get a rep. point. I think that would be very helpful in the long run!
emz360 is offline Female
Old 03-19-2009, 09:57 AM   #4
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

I think that people would abuse it. Sometimes out of spite.
I am a member of Yahoo Answers and they have 'trolls' on that site. What trolls do is they give Thumb's down to random answers and make the thread author look bad. Like if there are a bunch of answers and they all have a thumb's down, it looks like the Author of the thread is giving them all thumb's down OR
If there are a bunch of answers and the thumb's down is on everyone BUT one, they all assume (because you can't rep yourself) that YOU are the one giving everyone thumb's down to make your answer look good.
I am not for this idea, sorry. I think it could cause way too many hard feelings in the end.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 03-19-2009, 09:58 AM   #5
Call me Makena

Ok, thanks for posting zephyr and emz360!
Old 03-19-2009, 09:58 AM   #6
okey dokey artichoky
Gift Guru

zephyr has a reputation beyond reputezephyr has a reputation beyond reputezephyr has a reputation beyond reputezephyr has a reputation beyond reputezephyr has a reputation beyond reputezephyr has a reputation beyond repute

what I do to check my rep points is I go to user cp all the time to check on the posts that I keep track of and I check my reps that way daily.
zephyr is offline Female
Old 03-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #7
Call me Makena

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
I think that people would abuse it. Sometimes out of spite.
I am a member of Yahoo Answers and they have 'trolls' on that site. What trolls do is they give Thumb's down to random answers and make the thread author look bad. Like if there are a bunch of answers and they all have a thumb's down, it looks like the Author of the thread is giving them all thumb's down OR
If there are a bunch of answers and the thumb's down is on everyone BUT one, they all assume (because you can't rep yourself) that YOU are the one giving everyone thumb's down to make your answer look good.
I am not for this idea, sorry. I think it could cause way too many hard feelings in the end.
Oh no, I am not talking about thumbs down. Just thumbs up.
Closed