Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   "Thumbs Up" Post Idea! (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/thumbs-up-post-idea-483693/)

gymnastics51903-19-2009 09:47 AM

"Thumbs Up" Post Idea!

Hello, I don't know if this is someones idea already, but I actually just thought of it myself so I didn't steel your idea or anything;)

Yes, I know we already have Rep Points but I thought of the idea of having a thumbs up on the side of every post, and if you like what the person said (i.e. helping someone, agreeing with them, like what they said, etc.) you can just click on the thumbs up and it can highlight in green and it will show how many people put a thumbs up for your post, so you can feel apreciated and proud of what you said. Also, some people don't know how to get to their Rep thing so they can see how many people put a thumbs up for their post. (It's kinda like on YouTube...)

If you don't like that idea, then maybe our notification would let us know that we got a rep, then we just click on say "You Got a Rep" or something, then it would guide us to the rep that the person gave us.

Please give me some feedback on this and let me know if you like these ideas!

Thanks!
-gymnastics519 :)

zephyr03-19-2009 09:50 AM

Re: "Thumbs Up" Post Idea!

I like it but it's very similar to what we already have in rep boxes and stuff. It would be nice to know which post but most of my feedback on reps have said something specific or I can remember what I said on that topic. If someone doesn't know how to see their rep they can always ask..

Thanks for sharing your idea.

emz36003-19-2009 09:56 AM

I really like those ideas, that would be really cool! And I agree, I think that we should get a notification when we get a rep. point. I think that would be very helpful in the long run!

Dixiecup03-19-2009 09:57 AM

I think that people would abuse it. Sometimes out of spite.
I am a member of Yahoo Answers and they have 'trolls' on that site. What trolls do is they give Thumb's down to random answers and make the thread author look bad. Like if there are a bunch of answers and they all have a thumb's down, it looks like the Author of the thread is giving them all thumb's down OR
If there are a bunch of answers and the thumb's down is on everyone BUT one, they all assume (because you can't rep yourself) that YOU are the one giving everyone thumb's down to make your answer look good.
I am not for this idea, sorry. I think it could cause way too many hard feelings in the end.

gymnastics51903-19-2009 09:58 AM

Ok, thanks for posting zephyr and emz360! :)

zephyr03-19-2009 09:58 AM

what I do to check my rep points is I go to user cp all the time to check on the posts that I keep track of and I check my reps that way daily.

gymnastics51903-19-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixiecup (Post 13557267)
I think that people would abuse it. Sometimes out of spite.
I am a member of Yahoo Answers and they have 'trolls' on that site. What trolls do is they give Thumb's down to random answers and make the thread author look bad. Like if there are a bunch of answers and they all have a thumb's down, it looks like the Author of the thread is giving them all thumb's down OR
If there are a bunch of answers and the thumb's down is on everyone BUT one, they all assume (because you can't rep yourself) that YOU are the one giving everyone thumb's down to make your answer look good.
I am not for this idea, sorry. I think it could cause way too many hard feelings in the end.

Oh no, I am not talking about thumbs down. Just thumbs up. :)