Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2008, 11:39 PM   #1
believer

Default Thread titles...

does this annoy you when you see something like

help!!!!!!!! please very important
and it ends up being a clothing thread that sure it is important to someone but you wish that you wouldn't have wasted your time when clicking when if it had said "help what should i wear" you would have known not to click?

does that annoy you because it kinda starts to annoy me after awile and also i know that there was a argument about the boygriend threads and everone was told just to avoid well how can people avoid them if they click on the thread no knowin gwhat it is

my suggustion is to put the topic in the title of your thread and if you know that if you don't make the title something that people will just click on out of curiosity instead of if they knew the title they wouldn't click well just don't make the thread

please comment on this
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2008, 12:44 AM   #2
aweicker
Gift Guru

Bonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud of

Default Re: Thread titles...

haha, YES!!

But, I do try to help people, even if their titles weren't the best. Or if it's totally inappropriate for the forum it's in, and it has a bad title, I flag it and ask a mod to move it.

You get better responses with better titles. The generic titles have lots of "oh, I dont know, sorry!" answers, it seems.

But, alas, this is a problem that has plagued every forum across the interweb. Especially with the high number of new members that join every day, and the ages of many of the members here on WI, there's no way to ever stop it. And the mods have better things to do than editing thread titles, so that's out of the question.

But it sure would be nice if people titled their threads appropriately, and placed them in the right forums.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:12 AM   #3
e must be
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

There are a LOT of very young people on this forum, a lot. To them THIS IS important. It is all about the peer pressure, the getting it right, the being acepted and the being cool. This is what they deem as important.
Acceptance, assurance and approval...that is all it is. I even answer them.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 09-01-2008, 07:00 AM   #4
Jananya

I just ignore them and help with whatever the problem is. I think it's okay, as long as everyone ignores it, because it's not a huge problem.
~Jananya~
Old 09-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #5
I ♥ my family
Webkinz :)

nonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledgenonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledgenonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledgenonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledgenonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledgenonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledgenonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledgenonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledge

It would be helpful if everyone used titles that explained the thread topic, but I don't think that will happen. I agree with Dixiecup about being sensative to others feeling. Just because it doesn't matter to you, doesn't mean it isn't important to someone else.
On another note, did you know that if you can click on the plus sign (+) in front of the thread title, it will bring up the first entry on the thread? Then you don't have to open it to see what it is about. I found this out on accident when I tried to open the thread, but clicked on the plus instead.
nonna72 is offline Female
Old 09-01-2008, 10:51 PM   #6
believer

really i didn't know that

i just wish that ppl would explain the title better
Old 09-01-2008, 11:57 PM   #7
Webkinz :)
slexeh is an unknown quantity at this point

i didnt know that either nonna72. thanks for the tip. i usually just put my mouse over the topic and it shows likes 2 lines, but a lot of times that's not enough to really tell what a threads about. thanks!
slexeh is offline Female
Closed