Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 06:00 PM   #21
Harry S is a bunny!
Webkinz :)

sarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Thread Star Rating

This is a very good idea but if you want to give a reason, you could just post your rating and why. Also, if someone added this, some people might not like it. But I agree with Webberlily.
sarocks7 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2010, 09:56 AM   #22
God made u beautiful
Gifted

webbieluvr1924 is a forum hero
webbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by CutiePie_Kelsey
Thank you Yes, I keep going from 5 stars to 4 stars then when I get my 5 stars back they change to 4.

I think just the thread owner should be the only one able to see it.
Yes, the reason I asked was because of threads with multiple owners, how would the co-owners view the thread ratings if the actual thread owner isn't available or inactive for some reason?

And, maybe it would be better for other people to see why it was rated the way it is, because if something was one star (which I've never seen, but could happen), then they might be interested in why it was rated that way, and not knowing might prevent them from posting on that thread.

Though rockermom and softballipod have good points, I have to say I don't completely agree with them. The thread rating feature is already there, and if someone got a bad rating then yes it would make them feel bad. With this feature, though, I think it would make them feel better to know why they were rated down, or just rated down by someone random who didn't even post on the thread. It would help them understand where they should improve.
webbieluvr1924 is offline Female
Old 06-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #23
»ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ«

CutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by webbieluvr1924
Yes, the reason I asked was because of threads with multiple owners, how would the co-owners view the thread ratings if the actual thread owner isn't available or inactive for some reason?

And, maybe it would be better for other people to see why it was rated the way it is, because if something was one star (which I've never seen, but could happen), then they might be interested in why it was rated that way, and not knowing might prevent them from posting on that thread.

Though rockermom and softballipod have good points, I have to say I don't completely agree with them. The thread rating feature is already there, and if someone got a bad rating then yes it would make them feel bad. With this feature, though, I think it would make them feel better to know why they were rated down, or just rated down by someone random who didn't even post on the thread. It would help them understand where they should improve.
Oh, yeah. For threads with multiple owners, it wouldn't really work.

Oh yeah, good point

Yes, I'm sure thread owners would like to know why and where they need to improve.
CutiePie_Kelsey is offline Female
Old 06-13-2010, 08:58 AM   #24
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

i really like this idea! it was really weird because my shop had been five stars for so long, & then it randomly lowered. i don't know why it did, as the comments people were leaving about my shop were positive & good comments. an explanation for the thread rating would be a great addition to WI!

nice thinking!
AsH xO is offline Female
Old 06-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #25
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

View Post Originally Posted by Lake
I would like to see some kind of explanation as to why some threads have lower votes. My graphics thread, for example, was lowered in rating quite a few times. It's very easy to assume that other shop owners were the ones who did it to make their threads look better. I know I shouldn't assume, but I do. I'd like to have some kind of reasoning to prevent my negative thinking. I support this!
I think that is why. It doesn't seem uncommon to see that in the graphics section.
If vB doesn't have this feature anyway, then you could leave a VM or even a post on the thread saying something like, "Nice thread! I voted 5 stars for it because you really explained it!"
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 06-22-2010, 05:42 PM   #26

sharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wonder

Your right, because if it's a shop, other shop owners can just rate it low so people will come to theres.
sharky48 is offline Female
Old 06-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #27
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I wish they would do away with the star ratings altogether. I think people should be on even ground with their threads, and have readers make up their own minds whether or not it's good/helpful for them.
Desty is offline Female
Old 06-22-2010, 07:02 PM   #28
I'm moving up!
Gifted

webkinzrocks099 is a glorious beacon of lightwebkinzrocks099 is a glorious beacon of lightwebkinzrocks099 is a glorious beacon of light

I personally don't pay any attention to ratings. I don't vote in them and I don't look at them.

The problem with that is if it was optional, the people who were rating badly just wouldn't say why and if it was mandatory, who knows, they would probably lie. I think it is a great idea though to do away with all thread rating and just forget all this because obviously all this does is cause tension.
webkinzrocks099 is offline Female
Old 06-23-2010, 01:15 PM   #29
I Wiki

purplemonster80 has a reputation beyond reputepurplemonster80 has a reputation beyond reputepurplemonster80 has a reputation beyond reputepurplemonster80 has a reputation beyond reputepurplemonster80 has a reputation beyond reputepurplemonster80 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
Personally I would like to see thread ratings disappear. In the meantime, the wise thing to do is to IGNORE all thread ratings that are less than 5. Also do not give out a thread rating that is less than 5, since that is unkind. If you don't like a thread, leave it and go to another.

Thread owners should restrain themselves from asking "Please rate my thread" in their first post. If your thread gets less than 5 stars, you will be upset, so why ask for a rating? And being given a reason for the lower rating, won't make the bitter pill any easier to swallow.
I agree webberily.
purplemonster80 is offline Female
Old 06-23-2010, 02:01 PM   #30
Banned
Rainbow Unicorn is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that thread rating it fine.
I mean...serously? It's not that bad, if we have to rate evry thread the best rating.. what's the point? In REAL life people aren't always going to like everything you do. I think little things like getting upset about a low thread rating is kind of silly... Not to come off as rude or anything.
Rainbow Unicorn is offline Male
Closed