Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 09:24 PM   #11
»ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ«
Webkinz :)

CutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guide

Default Re: Thread Star Rating

View Post Originally Posted by gifted9
That's a good idea. A thread that I made once went down to 2. I was like, what did I do?
Thanks Yeah I'm sure thats what quite a few members think.
CutiePie_Kelsey is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #12
hip my hair back and
webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
Personally I would like to see thread ratings disappear.
I agree.
webkinz_girlyx0 is offline Female
Old 05-30-2010, 09:33 PM   #13

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

I rate thread five most of the time, but if it has alot of text talk and bad grammar I will rate it a three. I dont think vB had this feature, but its not a bad idea.
Secret Ninja is offline Female
Old 05-31-2010, 06:12 AM   #14
The GTS Works!

MamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with wanting to see thread ratings disappear. To me, it's not a true rating system when anyone can come along and rate. I think the person rating should have to have posted on the thread in order to rate, or the thread itself should start off at a 1, then with more posts, go up in rating with the popularity of the topic/thread. I'd prefer those kinds of systems, or none at all. I really don't look at the ratings, since to me they are arbitrary anyway.
MamaDragon3 is offline Female
Old 05-31-2010, 05:00 PM   #15
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

Hey Kels
I personally don't see the purpose in thread ratings. The only way to be nice is to rate 5 stars, but then if all the threads were 5 stars, what's the pointt? I usually ignore thread ratings now. Most times (especially in the clubs area), any threads below 5 stars was usually rated 1 star out of spite. xP
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 05-31-2010, 05:08 PM   #16
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

I do not rate threads. and I ignore thread ratings.

I think it goes AGAINST what WI is all about. Feeling ok to express your ideas in fun and safe environment.

The REP system does not allow Bad REP. There is no other system on WI where "BAD" Feedback is allowed. (and it actually says "BAD"!) Especially Anonymous Feedback.

Why it is allowed on here is beyond my scope of understanding.
rockermom is offline Female
Old 06-03-2010, 09:48 AM   #17
SEE the THUNDER

Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!

I don't vote very often, Only when i remember. This is a good idea, but i wouldn't want to have to explain why i voted it a high vote, or a low vote. i see no point, it rating threads, except for maybe shops, but even then, i'm still questioning the thread rating. RockerMom has a point.
Crashkittenjr is offline Female
Old 06-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #18
God made u beautiful
Gifted

webbieluvr1924 is a forum hero
webbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum hero

This is a great idea Our shop had been five stars, but the next day we were put down to four. We looked at other threads that had been five stars and they were down to four as well. There was only one thread that was five stars, and we were disappointed to infer that shop had rated-down all the other shops and that we couldn't say we were five stars anymore.

I think it would be nice, also, to see what other people think of the thread. Do you think everyone should see the comments or just the thread owner? Maybe the thread owner could have a choice of who viewed it?

Anyways, I completely agree with you and hope it is possible!
webbieluvr1924 is offline Female
Old 06-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #19
»ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ«

CutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by webbieluvr1924
This is a great idea Our shop had been five stars, but the next day we were put down to four. We looked at other threads that had been five stars and they were down to four as well. There was only one thread that was five stars, and we were disappointed to infer that shop had rated-down all the other shops and that we couldn't say we were five stars anymore.

I think it would be nice, also, to see what other people think of the thread. Do you think everyone should see the comments or just the thread owner? Maybe the thread owner could have a choice of who viewed it?

Anyways, I completely agree with you and hope it is possible!
Thank you Yes, I keep going from 5 stars to 4 stars then when I get my 5 stars back they change to 4.

I think just the thread owner should be the only one able to see it.
CutiePie_Kelsey is offline Female
Old 06-07-2010, 02:06 PM   #20
Banned
softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!

I personaly don't like the idea. I already don't like the ratings as someone may get their feelings hurt. graphics shops, stories, GE's, whatever it may be.
like someone else listed above, it's like a popularity contest to get a rating.
i like rocker mom's post;
Quote:
I do not rate threads. and I ignore thread ratings.

I think it goes AGAINST what WI is all about. Feeling ok to express your ideas in fun and safe environment.

The REP system does not allow Bad REP. There is no other system on WI where "BAD" Feedback is allowed. (and it actually says "BAD"!) Especially Anonymous Feedback.

Why it is allowed on here is beyond my scope of understanding

softballipod is offline Female
Closed