Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
»ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ«
Webkinz :)

CutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guide

Post Thread Star Rating

Everyone knows that you can give a thread a rating, one - five stars.

I think we should have to be able to give a reason for why we voted the way we did.

I'm tired of seeing not only shop threads but other great threads having 5 stars but then someone voting a one or something and they jump down in the number thingy.
Like for 5 stars you have to have 4.5 then someone voting and now you have a 4.33, thats what I mean by Jumping.

There are some great people with great threads, and its sad that some people have to vote them down, just so their thread seems like the best one ever.

That is just my opinion on this whole Thread Rating.
Do you think it would be possible?

-Kelsey
CutiePie_Kelsey is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
webkinz_forever

Default Re: Thread Star Rating

If a thread is bad, I vote it three stars. I don't want to have to explain why, because half of the time the first post consists of "OMG HAHAHA LOL" or something. If someone's gonna be rude and vote it down for no reason, then they're not going to give a reason either.
But vB doesn't have this feature anyway.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
»ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ«

CutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz_forever
If a thread is bad, I vote it three stars. I don't want to have to explain why, because half of the time the first post consists of "OMG HAHAHA LOL" or something. If someone's gonna be rude and vote it down for no reason, then they're not going to give a reason either.
But vB doesn't have this feature anyway.
Right, but I'm talking about the good threads, that don't start out with "OMG HAHA LOL"
Oh, that stinks that vB doesn't have this feature.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

I would like to see some kind of explanation as to why some threads have lower votes. My graphics thread, for example, was lowered in rating quite a few times. It's very easy to assume that other shop owners were the ones who did it to make their threads look better. I know I shouldn't assume, but I do. I'd like to have some kind of reasoning to prevent my negative thinking. I support this!
Old 05-30-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
»ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ«

View Post Originally Posted by Lake
I would like to see some kind of explanation as to why some threads have lower votes. My graphics thread, for example, was lowered in rating quite a few times. It's very easy to assume that other shop owners were the ones who did it to make their threads look better. I know I shouldn't assume, but I do. I'd like to have some kind of reasoning to prevent my negative thinking. I support this!
Yes, this was exactly what I was thinking when typing up this thread.
Thank you Lake
Old 05-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #6

Alexis has a spectacular aura about

I think it's a great idea. If I had a shop open, I would want to know why people put a bad rating so I can improve the flaw. I don't think vBulletin has this feature, although.
Alexis is offline Female
Old 05-30-2010, 12:40 PM   #7
»ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ«

View Post Originally Posted by Alexis
I think it's a great idea. If I had a shop open, I would want to know why people put a bad rating so I can improve the flaw. I don't think vBulletin has this feature, although.
Thanks
View Post Originally Posted by Goldendoodle
I would like to see an explanation button, but it would be like rep- it would be optional. So wouldn't you think the people that voted low stars wouldn't leave one? And a question, where would you see the explanations? I would love to see this, because I hate it when good threads get rated badly. But I don't think it would stop those people who do.
Yes, I'm sure those people wouldn't leave one or they would say something silly. Hmm. Maybe you would see it when the thread owner clicks on the stars? No I don't think it would stop them either.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:48 PM   #8
e love Red Sox!
Gifted

yazkitty has a brilliant futureyazkitty has a brilliant futureyazkitty has a brilliant futureyazkitty has a brilliant futureyazkitty has a brilliant future

I don't think this is a bad idea at all! It would be nice to have to give a reason. I like your idea.

Also, for myself, I don't even pay attention to ratings. They mean nothing to me. It tends to be a popularity contest a lot of times and it makes it unfair to other people. In theory, I think ratings are not a bad idea, but aren't used properly all the time. So I look at a thread regardless of what the rating is...and make my OWN decision! I don't let someone else's rating decide for me.
yazkitty is offline Female
Old 05-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #9
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Personally I would like to see thread ratings disappear. In the meantime, the wise thing to do is to IGNORE all thread ratings that are less than 5. Also do not give out a thread rating that is less than 5, since that is unkind. If you don't like a thread, leave it and go to another.

Thread owners should restrain themselves from asking "Please rate my thread" in their first post. If your thread gets less than 5 stars, you will be upset, so why ask for a rating? And being given a reason for the lower rating, won't make the bitter pill any easier to swallow.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 05-30-2010, 09:05 PM   #10
gifted9
Gifted

gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!
gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!

That's a good idea. A thread that I made once went down to 2. I was like, what did I do?
gifted9 is offline Female
Closed