Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
Give a
Gift Guru
 
kinzdreamer's Avatar
kinzdreamer has disabled reputation

Default Thread efficiency

These days it is much too easy to make a thread, which is why there are too many. Some are about the same thing, others just take up space. Maybe if we used threads more efficiently this wouldn't be a problem.
What I'm saying is, what if we applied to make threads, like in the contest section?
Of course there would be exceptions, and the rules perhaps not as strict. In my opinion though this would result in better threads because people would really think before they put up their thread.
Here is an example of the efficiency part:
Instead of a bunch of threads with single problems in the Somebody Help! section, there could be some Question and Answer threads where multiple people post their problems and other people come to answer them.
Yes/no?
kinzdreamer is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #2
Gifted
 
luvzingoz's Avatar
luvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Thread efficiency

I think it would be a good idea
luvzingoz is offline
Old 06-12-2009, 12:15 PM   #3
Give a
Gift Guru
 
kinzdreamer's Avatar
kinzdreamer has disabled reputation

Default Re: Thread efficiency

View Post Originally Posted by luvzingoz
I think it would be a good idea
Thanks luvzingoz, I appreciate it.
kinzdreamer is offline Female
Old 06-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #4
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

Default Re: Thread efficiency

There are two issues. One, if we had to apply, then the mods/admins would be overrun with request, and that would take up time. The other issue is that one of the best things about WI is that there are tons of topics and options. I feel if there were only a few threads, it would take something away from the forum, and WI wouldn't be as fun...
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 06-12-2009, 01:39 PM   #5
Gifted
 
xoxoilyalyssa's Avatar
xoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Thread efficiency

Im sorry, but i dont agree with this.
Say you wanted to post in the someone help forum.. you needed urgent help. By time your thread is approved, youll already have the problem solved. And we dont have enough Moderators and Admins for this. Sometimes we dont have any on. They wouldnt have any time to enjoy WI. and when us members had to say something, we would have to write it down to remember. It would be too hard and confusing. Nice idea though!
-Claire :]
xoxoilyalyssa is offline Male
Old 06-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
Thrilled to be a
Gift Guru
 
Meow Face's Avatar
Meow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socks

Default Re: Thread efficiency

I'm sorry, I also have to disagree. I don't think there is any problem with all of the posts on this fabulous website. There are many sections to ensure organization and our moderators do a great job of keeping everything as clean as it needs to be.

Yes there are lots of repeat threads that do come up but I am sure that person has no idea that a few days ago someone posted something similar. Searching for posts can be very tedious and confusing when trying to find some info. A quick post and a few quick replies can make someone's day.

I also feel that this would flood our moderators and Admins with loads of work and as others have said it would not make this site as fun and interesting as it is.

I can see your point but don't agree with you.

Thanks for sharing your idea though!
Meow Face is offline Female
Old 06-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #7
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Thread efficiency

I somewhat agree. There are many threads made for strange and somtimes stupid reasons. Can I like, hug you or something? LOL.
icecube730 is offline Female
Old 06-12-2009, 02:30 PM   #8
I Forever Winter
 
Butterflies's Avatar
Butterflies has disabled reputation

Donation Award 
Default Re: Thread efficiency

I think the way the threads work now is great.. everyone is entitled to post a thread regardless ... and that is one of the reasons this is such a great site.

Perhaps a few of the threads repeat, but somtimes the kids (and adults too!) are just too excited about something and need to express themselves immediately and thus don't take time to check the current threads

! I believe this is one of the few places where everyone can feel free to voice an opinion without asking permission ... and without censorship, as long as they stay within the rules and show respect.

I do see your point, though, Kinzdreamer, ... and I certainly agree that perhaps we can all become a little more vigilent about checking to see whats on the board before creating a new thread...
Butterflies is offline Female
Old 06-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #9
Give a
Gift Guru
 
kinzdreamer's Avatar
kinzdreamer has disabled reputation

Default Re: Thread efficiency

View Post Originally Posted by xoxoilyalyssa
Im sorry, but i dont agree with this.
Say you wanted to post in the someone help forum.. you needed urgent help. By time your thread is approved, youll already have the problem solved. And we dont have enough Moderators and Admins for this. Sometimes we dont have any on. They wouldnt have any time to enjoy WI. and when us members had to say something, we would have to write it down to remember. It would be too hard and confusing. Nice idea though!
-Claire :]
View Post Originally Posted by bob nws III
There are two issues. One, if we had to apply, then the mods/admins would be overrun with request, and that would take up time. The other issue is that one of the best things about WI is that there are tons of topics and options. I feel if there were only a few threads, it would take something away from the forum, and WI wouldn't be as fun...
View Post Originally Posted by Meow Face
I'm sorry, I also have to disagree. I don't think there is any problem with all of the posts on this fabulous website. There are many sections to ensure organization and our moderators do a great job of keeping everything as clean as it needs to be.

Yes there are lots of repeat threads that do come up but I am sure that person has no idea that a few days ago someone posted something similar. Searching for posts can be very tedious and confusing when trying to find some info. A quick post and a few quick replies can make someone's day.

I also feel that this would flood our moderators and Admins with loads of work and as others have said it would not make this site as fun and interesting as it is.

I can see your point but don't agree with you.

Thanks for sharing your idea though!
View Post Originally Posted by Butterflies
I think the way the threads work now is great.. everyone is entitled to post a thread regardless ... and that is one of the reasons this is such a great site.

Perhaps a few of the threads repeat, but sometimes the kids (and adults too!) are just too excited about something and need to express themselves immediately and thus don't take time to check the current threads

! I believe this is one of the few places where everyone can feel free to voice an opinion without asking permission ... and without censorship, as long as they stay within the rules and show respect.

I do see your point, though, Kinzdreamer, ... and I certainly agree that perhaps we can all become a little more vigilent about checking to see whats on the board before creating a new thread...
I do enjoy when people disagree with me, and I knew a lot would when I posted this thread. Some obviously have a different opinion on this. I had this idea and wanted to know out of sheer curiosity what others had to say about it.
kinzdreamer is offline Female
Old 06-12-2009, 02:48 PM   #10
Gifted
 
SmileySarah's Avatar
SmileySarah flows towards the sea of knowledgeSmileySarah flows towards the sea of knowledgeSmileySarah flows towards the sea of knowledgeSmileySarah flows towards the sea of knowledgeSmileySarah flows towards the sea of knowledgeSmileySarah flows towards the sea of knowledgeSmileySarah flows towards the sea of knowledgeSmileySarah flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Thread efficiency

I'm sorry, but I also don't agree. For example, if someone just got a pet and they need help thinking of a name, they would probably want it pretty quickly. By the time mods apporved the thread, that person would probably just make their own name.
Also, if someone needs urgent help, they would probaby have to wait a while. Besides, the mods are busy enough as it is and this would make them even more busy. I don't mind seeing a couple repeating threads.
Though I don't agree, thanks for sharing your idea with us
SmileySarah is offline Female
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts