Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #31
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Default Re: Thoughts on an Adult area only

I am not entirely oppoesed to the idea, but I do have some problems:

1. I am a child, and I do feel I have made some good posts. Sure, I made some child-like ones, but kids do have great stuff to offer.
2. I think it would just turn into an area where people feel like they can post inappropriate things.
3. Kids would probably go in anyways.

But I do agree, the OMG posts are quite annoying sometimes, because on the forum index, you have no way of telling what is inside.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #32
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

Angel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socks

The idea of an Adults area is intriguing, but probably not feasible even if Justin wanted to create one! As soon as you set up an "adults" only area, the kids will be doing everything under their power to get in! (Sorry kids, but I was your age and I'd have done the same thing!) Nothing like forbidden fruit!

I actually enjoy the presence of the kids! Makes this a fun forum for all. Sometimes I actually go out of my way to read a thread started by a kid, just to see what is being said. And my goodness - the avatars and siggy pictures are really something else!

Kids, may we adults stay if we promise to play nicely?
Angel Daisy is offline Female
Old 01-03-2008, 01:09 PM   #33
Chelseax3
Banned
Tinkerbella is just really niceTinkerbella is just really nice

i don't think it's a very good idea because that is excluding and we all come to WI to share our love of webbies with people of all ages.. if you don't like all of the posts on the same topic.. just don't read them all.. on this sitee i have learned many things from kids, adults and granparents.. and i think that having an adults only area will just bug us kids and we WILL find a way to get in.. we would be really tempted..
Tinkerbella is offline Female
Old 01-03-2008, 01:15 PM   #34
kbean01
Webkinz :)

kbean01 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Lilypad. I post silly topics and helpful ones, and I'm a child. But I am opposed to the idea. Even if you made a special form with people who are only 18+, kids would just lie about their birthdays.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #35
iowalady

Iowalady will become famous soon enough

We can still make threads aimed at finding like minded adult friends and of course we can PM other adults.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #36
MagicMom FrapFreak
Gift Guru

MagicMom is a jewel in the roughMagicMom is a jewel in the rough

Because the site is for ALL ages, I don't think an adult only area is a good idea. Imagine the time and manpower needed to monitor "substance".

Younger users often post OMG threads, true, but search the titles first. There are categories for this reason. Threads are sometimes started under the incorrect category, but I find that they get moved pretty quickly.

I am an adult, myself, and spend my spare time here. I like looking around from time to time under the different categories to see what people are talking about. I hardly enter the creative areas or non-webkinz related areas. A suggestion would be that if you have a need, a question or a problem, start a thread. Ask for help. That's what I have done. If you begin a thread on a specific topic, other related threads come up. It's a helpful tool!

Also, if you are just clicking around hoping to discover "substance", try to remember this is a site devoted to a virtual reality world for stuffed anmials.
MagicMom is offline Female
Old 01-03-2008, 01:21 PM   #37
smallville89
Gift Guru

danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!

Some really good points have been made on this thread by both kids and adults. (I like to think of myself as a little of both, lol!)
What I find amazing is that in spite of all of the different points made and different opinions, there has been no arguing or insults.
See, we can all get along......
danathorn is offline Female
Old 01-03-2008, 01:28 PM   #38
Me is the most
Gifted

KinzCashLover will become famous soon enough

If there was such a thread/area, the time it would take to monitor and keep younger kids out wouldn't be worth it. I am a kid, and I think that instead of an adult's only thread, maybe there could be a family area so that it wouldn't be strictly adults, but it would be mostly people that need help for their kids without weeding through OMG and LOL posts... just a thought!
Old 01-03-2008, 01:33 PM   #39

Snow*Berry radiates beauty and kindness all aroundSnow*Berry radiates beauty and kindness all aroundSnow*Berry radiates beauty and kindness all aroundSnow*Berry radiates beauty and kindness all aroundSnow*Berry radiates beauty and kindness all aroundSnow*Berry radiates beauty and kindness all aroundSnow*Berry radiates beauty and kindness all around

I agree it is a place for both adults and children. The problem is that it is hard to know whether you are addressing a adult or a child. I know as a adult if I knew I was talking to a child my wording would be presented differently. I don't wish for a child to be offended by what is written in the threads by me. I believe things are viewed very differently by all ages. Younger children have a harder time relating to some of the content in these threads. It would at least be nice to know if you are addressing someone 18 years or older.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:41 PM   #40
PinkRed Balloons
Gift Guru

momma501 has a reputation beyond reputemomma501 has a reputation beyond reputemomma501 has a reputation beyond reputemomma501 has a reputation beyond reputemomma501 has a reputation beyond reputemomma501 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with the majority here that I don't think an adults only portion is a good idea. We're a community here, and wouldn't want to break that up. There do appear to be other websites for adult kinz lovers...

I agree, the OMG topics can be hard to figure out, but funny thing is whenever I see one, I say to myself 'OMG, what?!?!' and end up clicking to see what's up! LOL.. keeps us all young.

If you find yourself surrounded by kids, or kid topics, just jump around and eventually you can find a thread that is interesting. Logging on later at night you can find that WI After Dark is great fun... lots of adults, and a few kids as well.
momma501 is offline Female
Closed