Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 01:29 AM   #11
LNKPRK
Gift Guru

RockGirl will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Thoughts on an Adult area only

I think it's a great idea. I had to laugh at your reference to all the "OMG!" post though because I once was searching recently for a post and OMG was in the title and as you can imagine there were TONS of hits with that in the title. I enjoy getting kids viewpoints but I have 4 of my own to ask and I'd like to be able to narrow down my audience to adults on some things such as advice and tips, where to find Webbies etc.
RockGirl is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2008, 01:45 AM   #12
Webkinz :)
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by rubies7
Just wondering what other people thought about having an adult's area only for more advanced questions or tips. As an adult who does have children that also play with Webkinz, I sometimes find it frustrating to weed through all the OMG posts, etc. to find some with substance.

As you can tell, I haven't posted much and part of the reason is stated above even though I've been reading the site for months. I have found some extremely helpful posts from other users about gardening, etc, the problem is searching through pages of the same kinds of posts to get to them.

Example - how many new posts have been made alone today in reference to the 5 new webkinz, the 2 newly retired webkinz and the jellybean challenge that had 0 jelly beans in the jar?

I'm not looking for negative comments, just trying to find out if their are other adults on Webkinz Insider feeling left out on a primarily children's site?
I venture to guess that the children on this site might be wishing for US to go away!!

It's an idea; you might want to PM one of the mods or Justin about it.

The 'high drama' posts from our young friends doesn't really bother me, though.

I kind of see this forum as an opportunity for me to learn from them...and maybe, they can learn something from me, too!

(And I'm not just talking about WEBKINZ! )

And please do post more; there are plenty of us adults here who would love to 'chat' with you!!!!!!

luvwebbies is offline Female
Old 01-03-2008, 01:49 AM   #13
yormop
Gifted

Rocyormop is on a distinguished road

I don't want an adults only area...so I'm really glad Justin's said no to that!

I like coming here where we can blur lines between grown-ups and children a little bit. We have the real world to divide ourselves from kids, we don' t need that here!

Actually, I wish there were more places where we could communicate on such equal levels as this!

So yeah, that's all I'm gonna say about that. But maybe while I'm here I'll take this chance to say a big "I LIKE YOU " to all the people in this forum younger than me who are probably going to feel bad that someone wanted them left out

Last edited by Rocyormop; 01-03-2008 at 01:50 AM.. Reason: bold!
Rocyormop is offline Female
Old 01-03-2008, 01:59 AM   #14
baikey
Gift Guru

ebenz315 is just really niceebenz315 is just really nice

I am 21, and I enjoy co-mingling with both younger and older users. I feel like WI is a community where people of all ages can come together and have fun, and make friends. You may want to visit adultkinz.com, where adults go to chat about Webkinz. I am a member there, but rarely post there...I love WI too much, and spend most of my time on here when online! Probably even more time than on the actual WW site...

---------- ebenz315 added 1 Minutes and 48 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by luvwebbies
I venture to guess that the children on this site might be wishing for US to go away!!

It's an idea; you might want to PM one of the mods or Justin about it.

The 'high drama' posts from our young friends doesn't really bother me, though.

I kind of see this forum as an opportunity for me to learn from them...and maybe, they can learn something from me, too!

(And I'm not just talking about WEBKINZ! )

And please do post more; there are plenty of us adults here who would love to 'chat' with you!!!!!!
LOL I do find it funny that someone is asking about an "adults" area for something most of my friends think is childish

Last edited by ebenz315; 01-03-2008 at 01:59 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-03-2008, 02:05 AM   #15
pupnsuds
Gift Guru

pupnsuds has a spectacular aura about

There is a site called adultkinz It is mostly adults. There are also threads on here that are geared to adults I have to say that a big part of the fun in this site is the kids many of them are very creative and bring humor into situations that need it. I find their polls entertaining.
you with the horse above my lil post here my bf just walked in and said great now you adults are taking over that thats not very nice he said. He just doesn't understand. So I find that funny also and we cant push kids the fun of this away!!

Last edited by pupnsuds; 01-03-2008 at 02:07 AM..
Old 01-03-2008, 02:12 AM   #16
baikey
Gift Guru

ebenz315 is just really niceebenz315 is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by pupnsuds
There is a site called adultkinz It is mostly adults. There are also threads on here that are geared to adults I have to say that a big part of the fun in this site is the kids many of them are very creative and bring humor into situations that need it. I find their polls entertaining.
you with the horse above my lil post here my bf just walked in and said great now you adults are taking over that thats not very nice he said. He just doesn't understand. So I find that funny also and we cant push kids the fun of this away!!
exactly, what would we all think if Webkinz World was suddenly only for kids? there would be a lot of angry adults with way too many plushies (and even some with unused codes in the closet, just waiting to come out when the time is right...shhhh...)
Old 01-03-2008, 02:13 AM   #17
Webkinz :)

LukesGrammie has a spectacular aura about

Interesting idea, but I agree with Justin; the site is for everyone who wants to be part of it, including the OMGers. It's takes a little more effort to find the gems and really useful info, but it can be found.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:16 AM   #18
e all need love!
Gift Guru

mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!
mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

What I want to know is.....are we talking chronological age or how young we feel?

signed,
Momma....born when Eisenhower was in the White House but feeling pretty doggone young ; )
mommaluvsmush is offline Female
Old 01-03-2008, 05:30 AM   #19
toriphilly
Gifted
toriphilly is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by mommaluvsmush
What I want to know is.....are we talking chronological age or how young we feel?

signed,
Momma....born when Eisenhower was in the White House but feeling pretty doggone young ; )
Momma I was thinking the same thing. LOL I posted on another thread adn someone had stated I was prolly a kid posing as an adult. Funny thing is I get along better with children then adults. You would be surprised to find out I was an office admin for a CEO of one of the major cable companies before I became ill.

I love the fact this site is geared for kids of ALL ages. I always say your as old as you feel and I am 31 going on 12.

Even tho we would love to have an all adults area, it would not be that easy to control. On the other hand if there were no adults here I think this entire forum would run amuck. IMHO it is great that the information we get is from everyone and adults can double check facts etc.

All of my friends kids call me for info and etc for WW it is funny lol. I love helping them all. I will not allow any of them on here as of yet due to them being under 13. That is jsut the motherly side of me and being scared that they will wonder off into the internet with or with out my protection.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:18 AM   #20
Multiple Personality
Gift Guru

AUMagic is a jewel in the roughAUMagic is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by stuporg
As the site grows and more adults get into Webkinz, this topic will continue to come up...

StuporG
I don't know - I think that with the site having 53,554 members, of which 26,868 are active, I think if there were an issue with many people wanting an adults only section of this site, it would have come up repeatedly by now and been publicly addressed more than once.

Personally, I like that the site is a wonderful place to foster relations between people of all races, creeds, sizes and ages who share a common link - Webkinz. I'm 28 years old, and was forced to grow up way too fast when I was a child, so I like coming here - it makes me feel younger than my real age ... I don't think it would have that same effect if I were relegated to the "adults only" area - or if the site were divided up into 17 and younger and 18 and older - even if I could come and go freely on the kids side. Plus, it wouldn't really be fair to the younger participants - we have an adults only section, but they don't have a kids only section? That's not right. And it's not like it's even really feasible when you think about it, because it would have to be one of these scenarios:

1. There are 3 different sections of the site: Adults only, Kids only and mixed - But for all the people who don't wish to wade through "frivolous" posts, but they still need vital Webkinz info and help - we'd have to have every single board that we have currently on each of the three different sections - so it would have to be Adults Only Curio Shop help, Kids Only Curio Shop help and Mixed Curio Shop Help (and so on for every single board). That's just WAY too much work for our administrators, moderators, founders and Justin, because I assume that the brunt of switching up the forums would fall on his shoulders.

2. The forums stay exactly as is, but 2 sections are added: Adults only and Kids only. I'm not even sure that the Kids only forum would even technically be allowed, unless there were extremely stringent security measures put into effect to ensure their safety - and even then, how can we be sure that they would really be safe?

No, I think Justin is completely justified (no pun intended) in saying that there won't be an adults only section - there are way too many variables to take into account to make sure that everything would work, and really, I think too many feelings would be hurt by us saying, "yeah, you're allowed to post here, but we really can't stand reading your posts, or be bothered to sift through them, so we're creating a section for us only that you can't be a part of".

Webkinz was created for the kids in all of us - and usually that includes actual kids as well.
Closed