Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2008, 09:33 PM   #1
rubies7
Webkinz :)
rubies7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Thoughts on an Adult area only

Just wondering what other people thought about having an adult's area only for more advanced questions or tips. As an adult who does have children that also play with Webkinz, I sometimes find it frustrating to weed through all the OMG posts, etc. to find some with substance.

As you can tell, I haven't posted much and part of the reason is stated above even though I've been reading the site for months. I have found some extremely helpful posts from other users about gardening, etc, the problem is searching through pages of the same kinds of posts to get to them.

Example - how many new posts have been made alone today in reference to the 5 new webkinz, the 2 newly retired webkinz and the jellybean challenge that had 0 jelly beans in the jar?

I'm not looking for negative comments, just trying to find out if their are other adults on Webkinz Insider feeling left out on a primarily children's site?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2008, 09:38 PM   #2
EllaElizabeth

Default Re: Thoughts on an Adult area only

I was thinking the same thing but how would we be sure kids did not get in?.......No offense to any children on here, but some adult convo once in a while would be great, especially other adults addicted to webkinz....LOL
Old 01-02-2008, 09:38 PM   #3
No day but today
Gift Guru

Alcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guide

This site is designed for both adults and children. Children just tend to put up more threads, making it harder to find what you are looking for. However, there is an answer to your problems; it is a little tiny button up at the top of the screen that says "search". Try using that
Alcnor is offline Female
Old 01-02-2008, 09:44 PM   #4
astromiranda
Gift Guru

astromiranda is on a distinguished road

I don't think that is fair I am a kid and make meanful posts.
astromiranda is offline Female
Old 01-02-2008, 09:48 PM   #5
dadora1

dadora1 has a spectacular aura about

i agree that there are a lot of OMG posts. but we as kids get excited. and i know that as adults you would like a place that only adults can talk.
dadora1 is offline Female
Old 01-02-2008, 09:50 PM   #6
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

This has been visited many times before. WI is a place made for everyone, and we will never create an adults-only area. I'm sorry!
Justin is offline Male
Old 01-02-2008, 09:52 PM   #7
Banned
Cheeky Aaron will become famous soon enough

Thank You Justin
Old 01-02-2008, 09:53 PM   #8
Gift Guru
Gem Hunter is on a distinguished road

I actually fel bad for the kiddos LOL
Sort of like webkinz were made to target them and now we the big mean grownups are invading there territory.I know its silly,but like just for example hypothetically speaking there is a contest in one of the forums to make the best recipe and create a picture, you have a 10 year old who has limited graphic experience and enters something using just windows paint real raw but they are proud until.... someone like me enters who has experience in paint shop pro...more experience and my entry blows theres away...now they are sad...I know its silly and all hypothetical but I guess my feelings are there are plenty of adult sites out there...and I am thankful the kids on WI don't mind me hanging out here
Old 01-02-2008, 09:54 PM   #9
iowalady

Iowalady will become famous soon enough

There is a forum called Webkinz Momz, but I have only been on it a few times. WI is more interesting!
Old 01-02-2008, 10:06 PM   #10
FabulousFurryFrkBros
Gifted

stuporg is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by Alcnor
This site is designed for both adults and children. Children just tend to put up more threads, making it harder to find what you are looking for. However, there is an answer to your problems; it is a little tiny button up at the top of the screen that says "search". Try using that

I've run into the same issue, and the point isn't about searching. How am I supposed to know what new stuff ppl have posted about to search for? It's not that I might be looking for info on a certain topic, it's just that I find it interesting going thru the new topics as much as anyone else.

But lately there seems to be a lot of redundancy in certain boards. It's usually ppl trying to be helpful though, so I'm not complaining about the number of threads/posts, etc but it makes it harder to find the insightful stuff.

Now before I get taken to task for sticking up for this idea, I have two kids who love posting here too, but in the same vein, my wife posts here too and our interests are way different than the kids. Can't say how many times they tell us about post "ABC" that they find cool, but the same stuff my wife and I find interesting is worthless to them.

As the site grows and more adults get into Webkinz, this topic will continue to come up...

StuporG
Closed