Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #11
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

Default Re: A thought about bumping your posts...

Now, I do agree with you on those type of threads. If every other post is from the creator, then you can tell that they could be bumping

I see what you mean now, Zooz, when you say those type of post/threads annoy you.
bob nws III is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #12
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Zooz
Thanks, everyone. I like hearing different points of view. I guess I really meant threads where every other post is from the owner of the thread, saying, "Anyone else want to post about this?" I totally agree that we should be grateful to those who take the time to reply to our threads -- elsewise, WI would be a real snooze!

Oh, I see what you mean!

Yes, I think that's annoying also.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 03-25-2009, 10:02 PM   #13
So glad I'm
Gifted

muzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond repute

sorry zooz but I think it is great for people to thanks other members who have helped them or even just posted...maybe they are post bumping but I thank people and I don't do it for the posts....I don't even know how many posts I have, not even an around number
muzicfreak is offline Female
Old 03-26-2009, 06:17 AM   #14
Webkinz :)

telogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of lighttelogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of lighttelogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of light

I recently started thanking everyone because so many have thanked me. It made me feel good that the poster acknowledged my contribution.
And, sometimes threads get lost in the crowd, so why wouldn't we want to bump it up. Especially if you really want some opinions. That's why we made the thread.
I wouldn't keep bumping it up, but once shouldn't hurt.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:49 AM   #15
The Beatles
Gifted

Zooz is sweet stuff
Zooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by muzicfreak
sorry zooz but I think it is great for people to thanks other members who have helped them or even just posted...maybe they are post bumping but I thank people and I don't do it for the posts....I don't even know how many posts I have, not even an around number
Hi muzicfreak I really do agree that we should thank people who post on our threads! Reading everyone's comments on this thread helped me realize that what I meant is when the owner of a thread posts "Does anyone else want to comment on this?" or simply continues to thank posters on every other post wthout being personal. I like it when a thank you is followed by a few personalized words, I guess!

Last edited by Zooz; 03-26-2009 at 06:55 AM..
Old 03-26-2009, 06:59 AM   #16
Anti Twilight.
Webkinz :)

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

I enjoy reading all of the replies that are posted on everybody's threads...except for the posts that read,

"Thanks for posting! Hope I helped!"

To me, this is the same as bumping your post by typing "Bump!"

If you want to thank someone for posting, you should give them a rep point or post on their profile.

Am I alone in this line of thinking?
I agree and disagree. I agree because if a person is just doing that for there thread to be first or if there just saying "Thanks" for post count then it is kinda Bumping.

I disagree because if your not saying "Thanks" for the reasons above then it's not really bumping.
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 03-26-2009, 07:00 AM   #17
shelyn72
Gifted

shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, everyone. I like hearing different points of view. I guess I really meant threads where every other post is from the owner of the thread, saying, "Anyone else want to post about this?" I totally agree that we should be grateful to those who take the time to reply to our threads -- elsewise, WI would be a real snooze!

I don't mind the posts thanking people for commenting, but I am bothered by the anyone else posts. When every third or fourth post in the thread is "anyone else" or "would anyone else like to comment", or "does anyone else have anything to add" that is exactly the same as bumping and in my opinion those posts should be deleted.
shell4 is offline Female
Closed