Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

Wink There's other sections!

Hello .
Something that's been bugging me recently is how some members are attached to certain sections. For instance: Gift Exchange, Open Mike, blah blah blah.. not that these sections aren't great, they are. It's good to hang out and trade for a bit, I admit! And Open Mike is really fun, you can talk about anything on your mind.

Now, often, these threads turn to the DCT. This is one of the places I'm thinking of right now, but I'm not going to pick on that thread and it's regular DCTers, but I'm also talking about regular Traders and Regular Avatars and Signature makers and orderers. Look.. I can't control what you do on here, but what you have to remember is that that's not the only section. You can find a bunch of interesting things in each forum, so you guys shouldn't stay in one and just post there, because, sometimes, a lot of those posts will just be spam, which quite a few people frown upon.

I know a lot of you are active in different forums, and that's what I like.
This isn't an issue or something, I just think it's a good idea. Tell me your thoughts. (:

- Candice

EDIT:
I am not, in ANY way, saying that favoring certain sections is bad, because it is NOT. In fact, it's a great idea.
When you first joined WI, you probably were exploring some of the sections to see what topics interested you most - and this is a great idea. Finally, you found a spot where you feel comfortable posting your opinions, and that's great. If you didn't, you wouldn't feel welcome here on WI.
All I'm saying is that some sections are getting less attention than others, and I just.. don't like that, personally. I think each forum should be enjoyed equally. Now that I've said that, I'm not trying to force you to go somewhere you don't like - Lets take the Help! I need a Pet Name or the Happy Birthday to me! Sections for example. Really, you're only going to really go there if you need a pet name or if it's your birthday. But that's not the only thing you can do there! There are shops in the Name section, and when no one posts I know people must feel discouraged. I know I would.
Maybe just try to say "Nice shop!" Or something friendly so they know that their thread isn't completely ignored and that they can enjoy themselves. Any little thing you can do to make someone feel good is something you should do.
And the Happy Birthday section - Wish people happy birthday! There's things you can find in each section, so why not just try? Trying never hurt anybody.

Last edited by [xo] Pop-Tart; 04-01-2009 at 03:24 PM..
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2009, 04:02 PM   #2
(┓^ω^)┛))ヨイサヨイサ♪
Webkinz :)

MissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellence
MissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: There's other sections!

I soooo agree. You should explore the forums, and all of them. If you haven't checked out the webkinz frums, look at at least some of them. Don't just stay in one section forever!
great thread!
MissSparkle is offline Female
Old 03-31-2009, 04:02 PM   #3
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

Thanks, sparkles.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:04 PM   #4
saminwunderland
Webkinz :)

Samcassie97 is a name known to allSamcassie97 is a name known to allSamcassie97 is a name known to all

You make a really good point. A lot of times I do find myself stuck in the General and Open MIke Sections and I often see no one going to the Goofz section and just complaining in the General Section. It bugs me sometimes because I really enjoy going into the Goofz Section and browsing the funny pictures and stories. Good Point!
Samcassie97 is offline Female
Old 03-31-2009, 04:08 PM   #5
Gift Guru

Thanks samcassie. (:
Old 03-31-2009, 04:09 PM   #6
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

great points! i have to agree with you, people do get attatched to certain sections, and they tend to not stray from them. i am probably gulity myself, there are a few a tend to post a lot in

i hope other people see this and start spreading out. it is really surprising to me when i see a gifted member with 7000 post and 5 or 6 rep boxes, and i think "they must be a pretty helpful part of WI". then i never see them again unless i post in, say, the houses section, when you can tell they have lots to contribute elsewhere(not trying to point a finger, i was just making a geralization)

rep to you!
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 03-31-2009, 04:10 PM   #7
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

umm...sorry, but it says i need to spread the rep around

i must have recenlty given you some
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 03-31-2009, 04:13 PM   #8
Gift Guru

harrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all around

Hm, I'm kinda on the rocks about where my opinion stands. I happen to agree with you, but I'm addicted to the Roleplay section, so... yeah. :\

Nice thread!

- harrypotterfan101
harrypotterfan101 is offline Female
Old 03-31-2009, 04:14 PM   #9
Gift Guru

Haha, it's okay.
Thanks for your post. (:

It's okay Erica.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:16 PM   #10
Gift Guru

stbernard07 knows the way
stbernard07 knows the way

I agree, I try not to stay in the same section because it gets kind of boring after awhile. Always sorting through different topic threads is fun.
stbernard07 is offline Male
Closed