Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #11
Webkinz :)

uniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the boss
uniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the boss

Default Re: Take away or lower the report post time limit?

i agree but you really don't know for sure if other people accually reported them.
uniquecowgirl is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2011, 08:49 PM   #12
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

Agreed.

I can understand what Jennielou is saying about it being on one thread.
But I've seen some users who continually post new threads, all violating rules.
There was one user and I had to flag like 7 or 8 of their threads. It got really annoying to constantly keep waiting.
What if all of those threads would have all been really really inappropriate? It would have taken almost 10 minutes to get them all flagged!
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 07-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #13
Banned
jellydonut is an unparalleled talent
jellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou
Re-report to me said reporting the same post over again.
If we see or get a report of a troller/spammer type post, we can and do look for other posts by that user as well. In that 75 seconds, other people are reporting it as well.
I don't know if shortening the wait time is an option in VBulletin though.
Oh. I thought it might be because when I get the message it says 'This forum does not allow you to report 2 posts within 75 seconds' Well something like that. But I don't have a bVulliton site so I wouldn't know.

Last edited by jellydonut; 07-28-2011 at 09:46 PM..
jellydonut is offline Female
Old 07-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #14
Gifted

hoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy day
hoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy day

I've read this thread, and I see both sides of the issue. Because an administrator who has actually seen our reports is on the "Not necessary" side, I'll go with her. So, I don't think this is necessary.
hoodedwarbler13 is offline Male
Old 07-29-2011, 07:08 AM   #15
Thunderpaw! SkyClan!

kittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roost

If there is a "clot" of bad posts, just report the first post and mention what page(s) the problem is happening on. . Our mods will take care of it, it actuly makes more work for them if you report every single post.
kittycaty is offline Female
Old 07-29-2011, 12:01 PM   #16

HampsterGiggles is sweet stuff
HampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuff

That's a great idea! Usually more than one post needs attention when something bad is going on. Thanks for sharing your idea!
HampsterGiggles is offline Female
Old 07-29-2011, 12:06 PM   #17
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I think if it's just one thread with the problem (like the DCT), it's easy for the mods to close it, or shut it down for a time to clean it up. I think the problem is when someone is going on a rampage all over the entire site. I guess what I do then, is to report one or two of the posts, and alert the staff in one of the reports that this person needs to be tracked/banned or whatever. I guess you could just say that in one of the reports, and the mods know how to easily check the person's posts and start deleting. However, I think sometimes some posts need quicker attention than others. Then it would be nice to be able to report faster.
Or maybe set up a system of color-alerts. Like red alert could be for the REALLY bad posts. A yellow alert could be a post is in the wrong section, and an orange alert is someone is being rude. (or something like that)
I know that when the staff gets a report, it comes as a warning that is the same, no matter what the note attached is. It might be nice for them too, if there was a level system. Like:
Red Alert - Highly offensive (like obscene), or giving away very personal information.
Orange Alert - Rude comments, or hinting at personal info, spam ads
Yellow Alert - Posts in wrong section, random posts, duplicate threads

This is just a sample. I don't know if it's possible here, but it might relieve the staff in a way to have sort of a priority system of reports. Also, the red alerts would not be limited to any time constraints.

Last edited by Desty; 07-29-2011 at 02:09 PM..
Desty is offline Female
Old 07-29-2011, 03:43 PM   #18
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I think if it's just one thread with the problem (like the DCT), it's easy for the mods to close it, or shut it down for a time to clean it up. I think the problem is when someone is going on a rampage all over the entire site. I guess what I do then, is to report one or two of the posts, and alert the staff in one of the reports that this person needs to be tracked/banned or whatever. I guess you could just say that in one of the reports, and the mods know how to easily check the person's posts and start deleting. However, I think sometimes some posts need quicker attention than others. Then it would be nice to be able to report faster.
Or maybe set up a system of color-alerts. Like red alert could be for the REALLY bad posts. A yellow alert could be a post is in the wrong section, and an orange alert is someone is being rude. (or something like that)
I know that when the staff gets a report, it comes as a warning that is the same, no matter what the note attached is. It might be nice for them too, if there was a level system. Like:
Red Alert - Highly offensive (like obscene), or giving away very personal information.
Orange Alert - Rude comments, or hinting at personal info, spam ads
Yellow Alert - Posts in wrong section, random posts, duplicate threads

This is just a sample. I don't know if it's possible here, but it might relieve the staff in a way to have sort of a priority system of reports. Also, the red alerts would not be limited to any time constraints.
The different color levels is a great idea!
I'm not sure if VBulletin would allow it, but if they could, it'd be a great idea!!
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 08-08-2011, 12:40 AM   #19
T9850

T9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a hero
T9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a hero

Oh yeah, that does seem like a good idea.
T9850 is offline Male
Old 08-08-2011, 12:46 AM   #20
Banned
lotooo hit the reputation jackpot!lotooo hit the reputation jackpot!
lotooo hit the reputation jackpot!lotooo hit the reputation jackpot!lotooo hit the reputation jackpot!

But if they short down the report time, people could go and report what ever whenever and it takes no time at all and you think your post is good but its not because someone reported it for no reason...
Closed

Tags
jellydonut!