Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
Never too late
Webkinz :)

sunshine_girl has a brilliant futuresunshine_girl has a brilliant futuresunshine_girl has a brilliant futuresunshine_girl has a brilliant futuresunshine_girl has a brilliant future

Wink Tags and the problem.

I have seen this on every story. Some of you may not know the use of tags, so for those of you who don't I will explain.

When a thread is made you can add a tag to it, however, tags aren't for fun. They are designed to help you find the thread when you search for it in the search tab above. If the tags are saying things like Monica rocks!! Or peace out home dog and don't even relate to the thread how are people going to find the thread when they search?

I'm not saying that making tags is wrong, but as the author of the thread you should try and make a tag which bests describes your thread. It will be helpful for others in time of reference.

Dixiecup post this on my thread, so now that you've heard it from a mod make sure you watch your tags!
Quote:
Good thread about what tags are for and how they can be abused...by the way, just as with any other thread, as a Moderator, I KNOW who has placed every tag. So, please be careful what you write in the tags. You can be 'zinged' just as easily with a tag as you can with a bad or abusive post.
If your going to do as WebberLily says:
Quote:
This happens when readers of the thread want to be able to come back to (usually) a series of threads without subscribing to them. So Monica (your example) will put her name as a tag in these threads. As long as the tag is polite, this is simply another way of keeping track of threads that you are interested in.
I suggest saying something like interesting or helpful thread on a thread you will want to come back to and great story or something on a story thread you find interesting to keep your tags within means so that you won't be getting in trouble for abuse to tags!

Last edited by sunshine_girl; 06-07-2009 at 07:07 PM..
sunshine_girl is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Default Re: Tags and the problem.

This happens when readers of the thread want to be able to come back to (usually) a series of threads without subscribing to them. So Monica (your example) will put her name as a tag in these threads. As long as the tag is polite, this is simply another way of keeping track of threads that you are interested in.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 06-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
call me Becca!

awsomeisjobros is a jewel in the roughawsomeisjobros is a jewel in the rough

i agree Jacie...sometimes people will put random things as a tag....thats not going to help someone find a thread! like on the JB threads...all of my tags have like a jobro name in it or something...like "kevin rox my sox"...its a kevin jonas club...so say something about kevin! haha...just my opinion. xD
awsomeisjobros is offline Female
Old 06-05-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
Never too late

sunshine_girl has a brilliant futuresunshine_girl has a brilliant futuresunshine_girl has a brilliant futuresunshine_girl has a brilliant futuresunshine_girl has a brilliant future

Yes thank you both! Your points are good, I don't mind if they want to find it, but the author of the thread should make a tag helpings others who didn't make a tag find the thread.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #5
call me Becca!

awsomeisjobros is a jewel in the roughawsomeisjobros is a jewel in the rough

i added a tag just now that says problems with tags...xD
awsomeisjobros is offline Female
Old 06-05-2009, 01:36 PM   #6
Never too late

Haha nice one..
Old 06-05-2009, 01:58 PM   #7
hip my hair back and
webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!

I think it's really annoying. If "monica" wanted to see her post, she could just go to "my posts"!
webkinz_girlyx0 is offline Female
Old 06-05-2009, 02:19 PM   #8

monkeysgirl can ride a flying orange
monkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orange

I like the point but Webkinz Girly, wI only keep track of about ( i think sorry if I am wrong) 1,000 posts and not all of your posts. "Monica" cam put a tag and then click the tag and find her old post. Good remider!
monkeysgirl is offline Female
Old 06-05-2009, 03:23 PM   #9
Never too late

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz_girlyx0
I think it's really annoying. If "monica" wanted to see her post, she could just go to "my posts"!

Yes exactly! It's of no use but to "Monica."

View Post Originally Posted by monkeysgirl
I like the point but Webkinz Girly, wI only keep track of about ( i think sorry if I am wrong) 1,000 posts and not all of your posts. "Monica" cam put a tag and then click the tag and find her old post. Good remider!
Well true, but unless that person is posting a lot they can still view their post.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:00 PM   #10

LADYVOLS88 rocks our collective socksLADYVOLS88 rocks our collective socksLADYVOLS88 rocks our collective socksLADYVOLS88 rocks our collective socksLADYVOLS88 rocks our collective socksLADYVOLS88 rocks our collective socksLADYVOLS88 rocks our collective socksLADYVOLS88 rocks our collective socksLADYVOLS88 rocks our collective socks

Well alot of people have the same tag they use so they can find it so I'm fine with it.
LADYVOLS88 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
cant stop random tags :d, cheese!, code orange, code purple, hailee, hi :), i agree, i like random tags!, no problem w/ tags, penguinprincess♥, possiblerocks1<33!!, problem, problems with tags, random tags are fun!, scissors was here!, tag intro, tags, tags and the problem, tags are 4 fun!!!, you cant catch me!