Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 05:51 PM   #1
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

Default Tags

Hi WI members!

I want to remind you something about tags...

When I first joined WI (It was my first forum) I didn't get what a tag was for.

I normally see tags like this (I'm just using Jellybeans as an example, if your username is Jellybeans, I am not referring to you, lol)

"Jellybeans was here!!"
"Jellybeans got a tag"
"Jellybeans likes Cheese!"
".:Jellybeans:."

Or sometimes I see tags like this:

"This thread is crap"
"Don't come here"

Or, I have even had tags about me like this:

"Jellybeans stinks"
"Jellybeans is mean"
"Jellybeans should go away"

Now, do you even know what tags are for?

They are to help people search for threads.

I have tried to search for a thread by tags, and it said "Nothing found"

So PLEASE....

When you make a tag,

[make sure it relates to the thread] ask yourself: If I wanted to find the (say, DCT for example) DCT searching by tags, could this tag help me?

If you answer No, then change the tag
If you answer yes, go ahead and make the tag

[Make sure it won't hurt anyone's feelings]
Tags like "Don't come here" or "Jellybeans should go away"
make people feel really bad.
ask yourself: if somebody made this tag about me, would I feel unwanted? Or upset?

I have had people ask me what a tag was for...

so PLEASE use tags for what they are supposed to be used for.

FAQ about tags:

could I make tags like: "Great thread!"?
Yes. If somebody was looking for a good thread in the general discssions/chat that would help them.

Can I just sign my name as a tag?
I wouldn't reccomend it. I have to admit I did that before, but that was when I didn't know what a tag was, and I thought it was a place to sign your name. lol. It doesn't help people find that thread though. Maybe put something that relates to the thread so you can find it later w/o subscribing, and it can help others, too!

*will add questions and answers as you think of them/I think of them*

Last edited by TexasGirl8; 12-29-2008 at 03:20 PM..
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
Gifted

FOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Tags

Great reminder texasgirl! I don't know how many times I've seen people do that on threads.

Rep!
Old 12-28-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
JUSTIN BIEBER ♥
Gift Trainee

Clarebeare will become famous soon enough

great reminder!!! rep 4 u!!!!
Old 12-28-2008, 06:03 PM   #4
Jesus 4 ever!
Webkinz :)

Kayrocks1 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundKayrocks1 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundKayrocks1 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundKayrocks1 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundKayrocks1 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundKayrocks1 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundKayrocks1 radiates beauty and kindness all around

TNX for telling!!!!!!!!11
Kayrocks1 is offline Female
Old 12-28-2008, 06:04 PM   #5
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

Thanks for posting guys!
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Old 12-29-2008, 11:53 AM   #6
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

Great reminder! You don't see threads about this often!
Also, if you ever see a thread with a rude tag, flag the very first post, and write "Rude tag, please remove," or something like that. The mods will take care of it, and the do know who wrote it.
Rep!

~Webkinzluver321
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 12-29-2008, 02:07 PM   #7
Save Our Planet!
Webkinz :)

ljfyle is a splendid one to beholdljfyle is a splendid one to beholdljfyle is a splendid one to beholdljfyle is a splendid one to behold

I don't get it....???

Can you just like sign your name for it? like "~ljfyle" or somthing?
ljfyle is offline Male
Old 12-29-2008, 02:13 PM   #8
Gifted

honeyluv55 is a forum hero
honeyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum hero

Good thread, although I don't see harm in
honey was here! or something. What if you were looking for tags by a specific
user? Just a thought
honeyluv55 is offline Female
Old 12-29-2008, 02:18 PM   #9
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by ljfyle
I don't get it....???

Can you just like sign your name for it? like "~ljfyle" or somthing?
Well, you could, but tags are mainly for people trying to find a specific thread, and "~ljfyle" might not help.

View Post Originally Posted by honeyluv55
Good thread, although I don't see harm in
honey was here! or something. What if you were looking for tags by a specific
user? Just a thought
There is no harm, but why would be looking for tags by a specific user? Just wondering.
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 12-29-2008, 02:20 PM   #10
Gifted

honeyluv55 is a forum hero
honeyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum hero

true......

But the thing is...admins do it So, there's nothing wrong with it,
not that I usually tag anyway...LOL.

Last edited by honeyluv55; 12-29-2008 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
honeyluv55 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
great reminder, great thread about tags!, i was heere, really good reminder, very helpful!