Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
Wacky Be
Gifted

wikylo is a creator of wonder
wikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonder

Default Tagging People in Threads Suggestion.

I think it would be really nice and beneficial if we could tag people in threads. Yes, I know that we can put tags on our threads, but what I'm specifically talking about is a way to tag similar to facebook. For instance, I have and have had multiple round contests going on, and a few times I have had people entered in those contests that can't receive pms either as punishment or they don't have enough posts. I think it would be really useful to me to be able to tag people in a thread who I really want to see the thread. So, back to my contest example, when a new round for my contest is up, I can tag the contestants in my contest when I make the thread or an important post on the thread, and they can receive a notification and be directed to the thread or post to which they are tagged.

Along with multiple-round contests, his would be really useful for:

GEs- When there is an important post regarding a particular trade that the owner is afraid will get lost in pages of posts on his/her GE, they could tag the person with whom that trade pertains to, and that person can be directed to that post without having to search for it and potentially miss it.

Clubs- Clubs, when they either are transitioning to a new thread, or an important post is made, they can tag people affected by that post or the new thread being made, and those people can receive a notification about it and be able to get the info easily and efficiently.

MMWF threads- When a new story or photo or what have you is posted to the thread, the thread owner can tag those people who are current viewers of the thread or who have asked to be notified when a new story or photo, etc, has been posted on that thread. It just seems to be a lot more efficient than sending multiple PMs or VMs.

Galore-Contests- When winners are posted, they can tag those who entered the contest in the results thread so that no one forgets about checking for results.

RPs- When a new thread/important post is made regarding the RP, the owner can tag those who RP on that RP to direct them to the new thread or important post, again, more efficient than PMing or VMing multiple PMs or VMs.

Graphics- When someone's graphic is finished, or the shop owner has a question regarding a form for a graphic, the owner of the thread can tag whomever is concerned and that person can quickly and directly be notified to the thread or post when they log on.

I'm sure there are many other applicable reasons that this feature would be very beneficial.

Thoughts/opinions?

Thanks

Wik
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #2
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

Default Re: Tagging People in Threads Suggestion.

Hello Wik!
Thank you for posting such a great suggestion.
However, as great as this system sounds I don't believe WI is the place for it.
Like all other things, the system will be abused.
Your idea sounds much like the Mass VMing System that was suggested not too long ago.
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...saging-720701/
VMing is a privilege, and its great we have the VM system set in place.
If you want someone to see a post you can just drop them a PM or a VM with the link.
Tagging people isn't much different except efficiency.
But the harm a spammer could cause, the amount of trouble it would take to set up, and the fact that tagging people should be saved for a social-networking site (like facebook) are reasons this system won't make it to WI.
On top of that, the VM/PM system set in place is already a good way to alert people to updates and threads.
All it takes is a link and a message.
Thank you for posting your thoughts!
Have a great night!
Blythe is offline Female
Old 12-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #3
Louis Vuitton
Webkinz :)

Littlekozmo knows no boundsLittlekozmo knows no bounds
Littlekozmo knows no boundsLittlekozmo knows no boundsLittlekozmo knows no boundsLittlekozmo knows no boundsLittlekozmo knows no boundsLittlekozmo knows no bounds

Blythe is right. Unfortunetly, we do not have the proper system for this.
Littlekozmo is offline Female
Old 12-01-2011, 11:26 PM   #4
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

I like this idea. But unfortunately, I do not believe VBulletin supports this.

But we can however, VM people. Just go to the post you want the person to see. Click the little post number, as shown in this picture: (Hope ya don't mind I used your post.)
Click the image to open in full size.

And then just copy and paste the link onto the user's profile.

See? Simple, yeah?
This way, when the user clicks the link, it brings it directly to that post.
mickey26 is offline Female
Old 12-02-2011, 12:01 AM   #5
Gift Guru

GoldenPuppy has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by mickey26

But we can however, VM people. Just go to the post you want the person to see. Click the little post number, as shown in this picture: (Hope ya don't mind I used your post.)

See? Simple, yeah?
It actually is possible on vBulletin. Much like Twitter, there's an advanced user tagging in posts.

VMing people is a little bit different than mentioning people in posts. It's really difficult to vm everyone on the list; especially for clubs and such.. while if you have a mention, it's quick and simple and the notification spreads to everyone at the same time.

I like this idea, though, Wik. It would be helpful for some members.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:10 AM   #6
put a Wacky here!
Gifted

webkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguise
webkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguise

While I understand if this idea might not be possible for spam and other reasons, I do think it is a very good idea! It would definitely be handy in many situations and would be much more efficient than typing in 40 contestant user names, 40 messages, and pressing the send button 40 times. Good idea wik!
webkinzlover400 is offline Female
Old 12-02-2011, 06:25 AM   #7
zacspet defies all odds
zacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all odds

I really like this idea. I don't agree with Blythe though, it really isn't vming.
zacspet is offline Male
Old 12-02-2011, 06:45 AM   #8
Wacky Be
Gifted

wikylo is a creator of wonder
wikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Blythe
Hello Wik!
Thank you for posting such a great suggestion.
However, as great as this system sounds I don't believe WI is the place for it.
Like all other things, the system will be abused.
Your idea sounds much like the Mass VMing System that was suggested not too long ago.
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...saging-720701/
VMing is a privilege, and its great we have the VM system set in place.
If you want someone to see a post you can just drop them a PM or a VM with the link.
Tagging people isn't much different except efficiency.
But the harm a spammer could cause, the amount of trouble it would take to set up, and the fact that tagging people should be saved for a social-networking site (like facebook) are reasons this system won't make it to WI.
On top of that, the VM/PM system set in place is already a good way to alert people to updates and threads.
All it takes is a link and a message.
Thank you for posting your thoughts!
Have a great night!
Hey Blythe! Thanks for posting and suggesting!

The one issue I've had with pming lately is that I have people in my contest with less than 10 posts, they can neither receive pms nor vms. Also you have to take into account those that turn private messaging off and turn profile messaging off and those who can't pm or vm due to being punished after being banned, etc. That coupled with the fact that this idea just seems a lot more efficient than going to (specifically for my contest) like 50 different profiles, and sending a vm. I suppose just like mods take away pming and vming for those who misuse it, they could take away this privelege the same way if they misuse it.

View Post Originally Posted by mickey26

See? Simple, yeah?
Again, the issue arises when you have a person you want to notify about a thread that has less than 10 posts. One person in my contest specifically has less than 10 posts but logs on all the time. I can't notify them about a new round because they don't have enough posts to view vms and view pms. Then also, those people who either choose not to receive pms or vms and those who can't due to punishment from being banned or what have you. I'm not really into scripting and coding or what have you, someone on the thread says it is possible in VBulletin. I'm not sure haha. If it is possible it would be really beneficial to have.

View Post Originally Posted by GoldenPuppy
It actually is possible on vBulletin. Much like Twitter, there's an advanced user tagging in posts.

VMing people is a little bit different than mentioning people in posts. It's really difficult to vm everyone on the list; especially for clubs and such.. while if you have a mention, it's quick and simple and the notification spreads to everyone at the same time.

I like this idea, though, Wik. It would be helpful for some members.
Hey GP! Thanks for reading! This is exactly what I'm trying to get at!

I have approximately 50 different people in my contest currently, and in order to vm them all about a new round (which I can't actually do with one of my contesants because they don't have enough posts) I have to have 2 tabs open (one on my contest, and one to go to their profiles) and in order to find their profiles, I have to search their name in the "Community" tab, then click their name from the list, and then go to their profile. All in all, that is 151 different web addresses I have to go to, whereas if there was a tagging system in place, I could do it a lot more simply (having 2 tabs open, one where I make the new thread, and one where I have my list of contestants up. I write the thread, and at the end of the thread I write the members who I want to tag to be notified about this thread being made, and then wah-lah)

Thanks for clarifying GP

And thanks for all the opinions guys!
Old 12-02-2011, 08:07 AM   #9

Dolphinheart is a creator of wonder
Dolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonder

I support!
Dolphinheart is offline Female
Old 12-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #10
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

If members have their VM's or PM's turned off, please ask them to turn them back ON when they enter your contest. If they are turned off as punishment... that's what it is. They will have to check your contest thread, or else not join in.

As I've said before about mass VM... the harm done by one bad spammer outweighs the convenience. Yes we could take away privileges, but that would be after the harm was done.

Safety comes first. There are a lot of young members on this site, who need protection.
Webberlily is offline Female
Closed

Tags
tigerdove is here