Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
:D
Webkinz :)

nikilynn has a spectacular aura aboutnikilynn has a spectacular aura about

Default Be super safe

As most people know the internet is sometimes not safe. There are very bad people out there. The person you are talking to on WI or any other place may be horrible, bad person. Not a child or Webkinz loving mother. Some kids get obducted because of bad people saying they are children. I really want everyone to be safe on all websites. WI is super secure and I love that. I just want other people to be safe. I wanted to remind everyone not to give out info or talk to people who seem, well oddish for a child/mother. I really, really want everyone to be safe. WI does a great job of that though.

THANKS ,
~Nikilynn~
nikilynn is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #2
hy Is The Earth Roun

CutyPiePrincess is a name known to allCutyPiePrincess is a name known to allCutyPiePrincess is a name known to all

Default Re: Be super safe

I love this thread. Rep. This is the best thread ever created.
CutyPiePrincess is offline Female
Old 01-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #3

Thank you! It means a lot!
Old 01-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #4

miss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guide

There shoul be no imformation at all provided to someone else.
Rep
miss sherbert is offline Female
Old 01-17-2009, 08:50 PM   #5
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!

That is sooo true! Thank you for reminding everyone of this.
Teamplaya2 is offline Female
Old 01-17-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

Nice job with this reminder. I think people tend to forget sometimes that they person they are 'typing to' for weeks and months at a time is REALLY not someone they know. We become comfortable with a repeated screen name, a shared/typed conversation... and become friends. Usually there is no harm in this, but we just always remember that we do not REALLY know these friends we type to. We hope for the best when we befriend someone online and invite them into our conversations and stories... we think of them as 'a friend' and become familiar and comfortable with them. But, the end is that you never really know who's on the other side of that monitor. So always remember to be safe. This is a GREAT reminder to everyone. Children and grown ups alike. We are all guilty of letting our safty guards down. Just be very very careful with what info your share with others.
GREAT topic, thank you for bring this reminder to everyones attention.
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Old 01-18-2009, 09:24 AM   #7

Thanks everyone!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:28 AM   #8
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by nikilynn
As most people know the internet is sometimes not safe. There are very bad people out there. The person you are talking to on WI or any other place may be horrible, bad person. Not a child or Webkinz loving mother. Some kids get obducted because of bad people saying they are children. I really want everyone to be safe on all websites. WI is super secure and I love that. I just want other people to be safe. I wanted to remind everyone not to give out info or talk to people who seem, well oddish for a child/mother. I really, really want everyone to be safe. WI does a great job of that though.

THANKS ,
~Nikilynn~
I agree,the only info that should be released is if your a boy or a girl or your first name
EDIT:I gave you a rep!

Last edited by lizzyxwebkinz; 01-18-2009 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: EDIT POST
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 01-18-2009, 09:39 AM   #9

THANKS EVERYONE!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:44 AM   #10
Gift Guru

tokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Very well said about the internet chatting! Unfortunately there are some people with sick minds pretending to be someone else and do harmful things to you online. It is really hard to tell who is and who is not because usually those people are very good at making you believe what they are saying (especially innocent young kids). I am a mother to a 3 little kids and I am very worried about this whole thing, and I don't let my kids get on any chat sites, they are not even allowed to go to KC plus. Even as a grown up, I have to be very careful online. I have met some really nice people here at WI and I enjoy chatting with them very very much, but I try not give away too much personal information. You can still have great conversations with your chat friends without telling them too much about yourself. You can never be too careful these days, so yes, please be very careful and stay safe! And most of all, enjoy!
tokyo rose is offline Female
Closed