Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 
Unhappy Suggestion for the Welcome section....

I'd love to see less copy/paste... All the threads are like the same, and that doesn't seem very welcoming... I know I didn't feel welcomed by that.. I understand people want others to check out the rules, but then you look at the other posts and they are all the same.. Doesn't make you feel too special...

One of the new members in that section had a question and no one answered, just all the copy/paste...

Make the new members feel welcome, not just another post count.
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #2
Webkinz :)

cynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Suggestion for the Welcome section....

Yes, you are very right. Most of the time people to copy/paste when they are lazy or dont feel like doing anything, just get more posts. that is not right!!! think for yourself, aand dont do things for posts.
rep to you!
~~~cynthi♥
cynthi1234 is offline Female
Old 02-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #3

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

After a while I just think it is easier for most people who have had the following experience- (if there is a post about for example: "WW just went down...") After that first thread is posted people just seem to feel compelled to start 10 more of that same thread, instead of reading the first one and posting their comment there.
I have seen that happen almost everyday I think if the Mods could delete the "extra" threads of "same topic" before they get comments posted on them it would cut down on the "unnecessary same threads". They are able to do that for most anything else.
I did a count one day (11 same threads). I then Posted a thread about that specific topic of too many same threads, and you know it made no difference because people really don't care to actually read the threads, they just want to be "first" to post "new" info. I have just started to read only the first one, and threads that are actually described when you mouse over the title. Oh and in a colr you can read. the rest I have noticed are just fluff.
I have noticed a lot of snotty comments too and from the same users lately, it's like they are posting in all threads just to post something snotty.
So back to your topic If I must repeat myself it is easier to copy & paste. So I just stopped posting in most threads.

Last edited by a3doglife; 02-03-2009 at 12:19 PM..
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 02-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #4

Donation Award 

I see what you are saying

I'm kind of leaning towards the posts in the welcome and all, because just about everything there is copy paste.. And there was a question a new person asked and it wasn't even answered in the many posts that followed...
Maybe we can say this then... READ the first post, don't just paste.. LOL

I usually do what you say too, hover the thread and read..
Old 02-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #5
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

I don't think it's too bad to copy and paste a greeting, but make sure you are reading what they have to say first. If they have a question that should be answered as well. Otherwise it's quite obvious you aren't paying attention and don't really care. I almost never go there because I forget to. It's way too far down in the forum. I think it should be moved to the top where we can all see it.
AnthonysMommy is offline Female
Old 02-03-2009, 12:23 PM   #6

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by AnthonysMommy
I don't think it's too bad to copy and paste a greeting, but make sure you are reading what they have to say first. If they have a question that should be answered as well. Otherwise it's quite obvious you aren't paying attention and don't really care. I almost never go there because I forget to. It's way too far down in the forum. I think it should be moved to the top where we can all see it.
Yes, I think it should... I usually don't go there either, and I think that is why I was shocked of the posts.. LOL..

And then that question wasn't answered.. clearly no one read that..
Old 02-03-2009, 04:12 PM   #7
WhiteTerrierFan

I think each greeting should be personalized for the person you are giving it too. It will seem like you don't care and get kind of boring if you say the same thing to everyone. You should try to start conversation with some of the new people, maybe ask them a question or two, but try to type a nice greeting to someone when you do welcome them, not just the same old thing. I'm sure they will be a lot happier to get something knowing you put the time into it.
[rep]
Old 02-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #8
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru

gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

I just think that if you read the post, and copy and paste, then add some words, answer the question, and change it up a little would be great
Old 02-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #9

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by WhiteTerrierFan
I think each greeting should be personalized for the person you are giving it too. It will seem like you don't care and get kind of boring if you say the same thing to everyone. You should try to start conversation with some of the new people, maybe ask them a question or two, but try to type a nice greeting to someone when you do welcome them, not just the same old thing. I'm sure they will be a lot happier to get something knowing you put the time into it.
[rep]
I completely agree with you
Old 02-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #10
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Smile Re: Suggestion for the Welcome section....

View Post Originally Posted by kellyschrvr
I'd love to see less copy/paste... All the threads are like the same, and that doesn't seem very welcoming... I know I didn't feel welcomed by that.. I understand people want others to check out the rules, but then you look at the other posts and they are all the same.. Doesn't make you feel too special...

One of the new members in that section had a question and no one answered, just all the copy/paste...

Make the new members feel welcome, not just another post count.
Yes, I see WAY too many of the same threads and posts. Most of the people do it for rep points, and other people do it post count.
badena2 is offline Female
Closed