Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 03:45 PM   #11
fashionista♥
Webkinz :)

stripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Suggestion for WI. It Would Be Hard, But Improve the Safety of Members.

It might not be possible. I mean my parents are strict about the internet and I doubt they'd even let me give my FIRST name to Justin or Wendy. Instead of putting the load on WI we could all take extra precautions when we're talking and except a friend request. I usually don't accept a friend unless they put something on my profile like:
Quote:
Hi! Wanna be friends?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #12
WHONK™!!!
Gift Guru

vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!

Donation Award 
Default Re: Suggestion for WI. It Would Be Hard, But Improve the Safety of Members.

It wouldn't be possible to Background check most members of WI...One of the reasons staff have to be 18 or older is because they are background checked, and you can not ask anyone under 18 for personal information [that would be needed for checking] online.

---------- vince730 added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later ----------

As long as you don't release any information about yourself, WI is completley safe...Tell your parents that

Last edited by vince730; 12-22-2008 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
vince730 is offline Male
Old 12-22-2008, 03:58 PM   #13
hy am I still a

SmelzGood84 has much to be proud ofSmelzGood84 has much to be proud ofSmelzGood84 has much to be proud ofSmelzGood84 has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by vince730
It wouldn't be possible to Background check most members of WI...One of the reasons staff have to be 18 or older is because they are background checked, and you can not ask anyone under 18 for personal information [that would be needed for checking] online.

---------- vince730 added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later ----------

As long as you don't release any information about yourself, WI is completley safe...Tell your parents that

Completely Agree, Vincy!
It would be illegal and WAY to costly to background check the members Of WI under 18........

Then If they asked for Personal Info (Staff) For the Background check some parent could shut this site down in a heartbeat.
SmelzGood84 is offline Male
Old 12-22-2008, 04:20 PM   #14
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

If any member asks you for personal information in a pm, please forward it to a staff member and we will take care of that member. If you see someone asking for it on the forum, then flag the post and the staff will take care of it. We have it in the rules about no sharing personal information and that is for you safety. If I come across a post that says Bob is in middle school it would look like this : Bob is removed. We edit out schools, ages, anything that would be personal information about them.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:08 PM   #15
Hebrews 6:19
Gifted

i love summer knows the way
i love summer knows the wayi love summer knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by lizzyxwebkinz
whoever said people join every minute witch is probably right,so they could just not let anyone join for a while until there done checking everybody
Yeah, like close the application page until every current member (well, at least the active members) are checked out.

---------- i love summer added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by COWS4YOU
If any member asks you for personal information in a pm, please forward it to a staff member and we will take care of that member. If you see someone asking for it on the forum, then flag the post and the staff will take care of it. We have it in the rules about no sharing personal information and that is for you safety. If I come across a post that says Bob is in middle school it would look like this : Bob is removed. We edit out schools, ages, anything that would be personal information about them.
Thank you Cows!

Last edited by i love summer; 12-22-2008 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
i love summer is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 07:24 PM   #16

gigiluvr25 is a jewel in the roughgigiluvr25 is a jewel in the rough

I am sorry, but that is physically impossible to be done.
People join WI 24/7!
Assure your parents that WI is safe, I am sure the mods think so, and they know best.
~KK
gigiluvr25 is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 07:40 PM   #17
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

Seems like the best way to assure your parents that everything is safe here is to hve them look around.
kayembee is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 07:41 PM   #18
Hebrews 6:19
Gifted

i love summer knows the way
i love summer knows the wayi love summer knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by kayembee
Seems like the best way to assure your parents that everything is safe here is to hve them look around.
Ok if they ask I will show them around!
i love summer is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 08:09 PM   #19
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by i love summer
Ok if they ask I will show them around!
You never know they may get hooked onn WI too I'm a parent and I am definately hooked! I let my kids come on, but I must say that I do keep an I on them when they browse. Not because I don't think it's safe, just to make sure they are making good posts
kayembee is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 10:44 PM   #20
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

I think this could be impossible, but maybe not for new members. I know that not all the members of WI are active, so if you narrow it down to those over 18 and that are active, there are probably a lot less people to "investigate."
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Closed