Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 11:35 AM   #1
Hebrews 6:19
Gifted

i love summer knows the way
i love summer knows the wayi love summer knows the way

Default Suggestion for WI. It Would Be Hard, But Improve the Safety of Members.

Hello Everyone!
I ♥ WI. I have been on for almost a year, and I have met so many great people on here.
The problem: I don't know if these wonderful people are who they claim to be.
My parents have recently started questioning the safety of , because I have no way of knowing that example, middle school aged Bob is really a middle-school aged Bob.
And I don't know if I will be allowed on for much longer.
I have convinced my parents that no personal info beyond your first name can really be shared, and the mods are REALLY efficiant, but still.
I know that all the staff members are who they claim to be, because they are background checked before they can become a mod.
Well, why can't we do something like that to make sure that all of the regular members are really who they claim to be.
It would decrease the chances of stalkers getting on here.
I understand that most kids don't have police records or anything like that, but it would still be nice for my parents to feel at ease that the people are genuine.
Thanks for reading this!
♥I love summer
i love summer is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2008, 11:40 AM   #2
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

Default Re: Suggestion for WI. It Would Be Hard, But Improve the Safety of Members.

that would be hard. to check thousands of people, well, you know....not fun!

if your parents read this, let me tell them that this site is safe, and ANY personal info will be snatched up by a mod almost immedialty.

besides this, more people are joining every minute. it would take a huge group of people working 24/7 to cope with that, and i still doubt it could be done
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 12-22-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
Do you like cake?
Webkinz :)

rachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud of

Default Re: Suggestion for WI. It Would Be Hard, But Improve the Safety of Members.

Hmmm......good idea, I don't really get how the mods are "background" checked, but they would be doing it for ever.

Last edited by rachel21; 12-23-2008 at 11:45 AM..
rachel21 is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 11:45 AM   #4
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

I don't think that would be possible. The only thing that can really be done is have them read through some of the posts to assure themselves it's appropriate for you. This is one of those things that parents just have to step up and do. It's part of being a parent to monitor your own childrens activity wherever they're going or doing.
AnthonysMommy is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 11:47 AM   #5

iDANCE is a jewel in the roughiDANCE is a jewel in the rough

it would be more safe, but yet almost impossible. Try to assure your parents that as long as YOU dont share your age, location, last name, etc. you are safe
iDANCE is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 11:57 AM   #6
WhiteTerrierFan

I don't think that would really be possible..
Most people's parents wouldn't want them on here if they knew their kid had to give out their personal info to the site owners. Just assure your parents that it IS safe, and they only allow a minimal amount of personal info to be posted like first name. This is pretty much the safest webkinz site online and probably one of the safest sites there is because the staff watches over threads so well.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:04 PM   #7

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

If I am thinking of the right one - the background checks done for the staff can only be done over/at the age of 18. Before that, it is not required nor do I believe is it available to anyone younger.

Your parents are right, you can't really promise that "middle school" Bob is really in middle school, but you can do your part to keep yourself safe. Just do not release personal information & if they ask for it, flag the post or forward the message on to a admin/mod. .
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 01:47 PM   #8
Hebrews 6:19
Gifted

i love summer knows the way
i love summer knows the wayi love summer knows the way

Thanks you guys! I know it would be hard, and I will tell them that I don't give out personal info, and personal info besides your first name is deleted like immediately. But, my parents are just starting to question me just posting on people's threads, which IMO is safe!!!!
i love summer is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 01:53 PM   #9
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

as AnthonysMommy, said, your parents should step up. you could take them around the site, showing them threads in different areas of the forum to make sure they believe it is safe
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 12-22-2008, 03:27 PM   #10
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by i love summer
Hello Everyone!
I ♥ WI. I have been on for almost a year, and I have met so many great people on here.
The problem: I don't know if these wonderful people are who they claim to be.
My parents have recently started questioning the safety of , because I have no way of knowing that example, middle school aged Bob is really a middle-school aged Bob.
And I don't know if I will be allowed on for much longer.
I have convinced my parents that no personal info beyond your first name can really be shared, and the mods are REALLY efficiant, but still.
I know that all the staff members are who they claim to be, because they are background checked before they can become a mod.
Well, why can't we do something like that to make sure that all of the regular members are really who they claim to be.
It would decrease the chances of stalkers getting on here.
I understand that most kids don't have police records or anything like that, but it would still be nice for my parents to feel at ease that the people are genuine.
Thanks for reading this!
♥I love summer
whoever said people join every minute witch is probably right,so they could just not let anyone join for a while until there done checking everybody
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Closed