Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 03:00 PM   #1
icked Awesome
Webkinz :)

Melissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant future

Arrow Suggestion for WI - helpful I think, what do you guys think?

Ok so I know on here were not supposed to tell how old, where from etc (any personal information) and I completely agree with that bc safety is of the utmost importance especially with the amount of children we have on here.

But,(always a but in there somewhere huh lol) I think it would be a good idea, if on your profile or something there was a box you could check that said "adult or non-adult".(I know there are so many words to use and some dont like to be called kids, children, teenagers etc so non-adult would work fine)

The reason I think this would be helpful is this: I personally dont mind AT ALL talking to anyone on here, no matter how old they are. I could care less if you are 14 or 40, bc we all love webkinz and that is what brought us together.

I like everyone and as a lot of you know, I rarely ever have nothing to say so I will talk with anyone, and dont get me wrong there are a ton of people on here who are this way but what usually happens to me is when someone who isnt an adult messages me and then during the conversation realizes I am an adult, then I get this awkward sort of "oh youre an adult" thing going on, like "eeeew an adult".

Now mind you, some dont mind at all, but some are like "ok bye" just as soon as you tell them.

I just think it might help some of the younger members realize who they are talking to if we had this distinguisher. Nothing age specific mind you, just "adult or non-adult".

what do you guys think?

Last edited by Melissa30067; 12-16-2008 at 03:04 PM..
Melissa30067 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2008, 03:05 PM   #2
hedgehogfairy
hedgehogfairy is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Suggestion for WI - helpful I think, what do you guys think?

you know, that's a pretty good idea....i fall under the "adult" category and i get worried about chatting with ppl both on message boards and in WW because it seems as though some parents would feel worried about their children chatting an unknown person, if that makes any sense.
hedgehogfairy is offline Female
Old 12-16-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I think that's a good idea but usually you can just tell. Like sometimes mom's have the name mommy2329438mommy so you know odds are, they're most likely adults. And in siggies, people say grandma to 3 kids or something like that.

Though, considering the stuff we could change, I don't think this is really necessary, good idea though!
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Old 12-16-2008, 03:13 PM   #4
icked Awesome

Melissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by hedgehogfairy
you know, that's a pretty good idea....i fall under the "adult" category and i get worried about chatting with ppl both on message boards and in WW because it seems as though some parents would feel worried about their children chatting an unknown person, if that makes any sense.

Very valid point I didnt even think of it from that point! Thanks!

---------- Melissa30067 added 1 Minutes and 56 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by BackFlip15
I think that's a good idea but usually you can just tell. Like sometimes mom's have the name mommy2329438mommy so you know odds are, they're most likely adults. And in siggies, people say grandma to 3 kids or something like that.

Though, considering the stuff we could change, I don't think this is really necessary, good idea though!
Thanks! I think your right, a lot of times you can tell but well like me for instance, my siggy doesnt say bc I have no kids or grandkids, but am an "adult" so are alot of others on here. I know I have talked to "non-Adults" before and would not have known they were non adults from the way the conversation went.

Last edited by Melissa30067; 12-16-2008 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-16-2008, 03:31 PM   #5
Roll Tide ^_^
Gifted

softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!

I think this is a pretty good idea, for the most part. I know that a few people, when asking for friends, specifically ask for non-adults friends, because their parents prefer them not to have adult friends or whatever. So it would be helpful for people like that, who just want to make sure.

It is true that you can tell whether or not someone is and adult or not with some people, but with others it can be kinda hard. And I agree about talking to some people on the message boards, especially when they say they aren't an adult. It can feel kind of strange, like your not sure that that persons parents would especially want them chatting with you. So, overall I think it's a good idea.
softballgirlnw is offline Female
Old 12-16-2008, 03:37 PM   #6

PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!

I think it is a good idea, although some people still might not want to 'classify' themselves.

I am comfortable talking to any person, no matter how old they are. But it's good for someone who wants to talk to a person who might be going through the same thing.

Other things could be changed, but this is a good idea.

-Pugs
PugsRock is offline Female
Old 12-16-2008, 03:50 PM   #7

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by PugsRock
I think it is a good idea, although some people still might not want to 'classify' themselves.

I am comfortable talking to any person, no matter how old they are. But it's good for someone who wants to talk to a person who might be going through the same thing.

-Pugs
I feel the same. I have no problems talking with anyone of any age. And I also agree that some may not want to classify themselves, but on the flipside there are plenty that are looking for people within their age range.

Maybe rather than making it a mandatory thing, it could be an option to have it say adult/nonadult on the profile page. This way those that didn't want to be classified wouldn't have to be. And those that are looking for people their own age could aviod us adults.

However I have to say that every age group has wonderful things to offer and by classifying ourselves people could miss out on learning really great neat things from each other.
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 12-16-2008, 03:57 PM   #8
icked Awesome

View Post Originally Posted by PugsRock

-Pugs
yea youre right, some people might not want to check the box but i think there are a lot who would.

im like you, I will talk to anyone, after all mostly all we talk about on here is webkinz related so to me it doesnt matter.

thank you all for sharing your opinions so far!

---------- Melissa30067 added 4 Minutes and 41 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by bromsisa
I feel the same. I have no problems talking with anyone of any age. And I also agree that some may not want to classify themselves, but on the flipside there are plenty that are looking for people within their age range.

Maybe rather than making it a mandatory thing, it could be an option to have it say adult/nonadult on the profile page. This way those that didn't want to be classified wouldn't have to be. And those that are looking for people their own age could aviod us adults.

However I have to say that every age group has wonderful things to offer and by classifying ourselves people could miss out on learning really great neat things from each other.
oh I completely agree, you hit the nail right on the head there. like I said in my first post, I dont mind talking to anyone. I just hate that awkward feeling when they find out Im an adult and are like "ummm ok bye" so I was just thinking having the option would maybe cut down on that some. you know, if someone doesnt want to talk to me bc Im an adult, then that way they would know before hand, you know?

I have a couple of people I talk to all the time on here who are younger, so it isnt that I personally mind.

thank you!

Last edited by Melissa30067; 12-16-2008 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed