Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

Default Suggestion for Somebody Help! threads... "Closed" symbol?

I was thinking... I always see threads in the Somebody Help! section, and I think... I am going to answer those! Then, when I click, I see that the thread is already closed... I was thinking that maybe there should be a closed symbol by the thread LIKE SO!

Close.bmp

What do you think? Thanks for reading and commenting!

Last edited by Quack Quack; 10-28-2009 at 04:27 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
Steelers Nation
Gifted

webkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Suggestion for Somebody Help! threads... "Closed" symbol?

That would be VERY useful! I'm all 4 it!
webkinzchick1 is offline Female
Old 10-28-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

If you open the Somebody Help forum, you'll see that symbol next to every title (actually this is true of all the forum pages.) The little yellow folder to the left of the title has a little orange lock symbol on it if the thread is locked. Very convenient. You never have to open a locked thread again.

But actually, reading a locked thread can still be very illuminating.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 10-28-2009, 06:48 PM   #4
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

But i meant in the situation I pictured, that WAS a closed thread when I edited it, and it showed no sign of being closed RIGHT THERE, like in the picture
Old 10-30-2009, 08:07 AM   #5
no
Webkinz :)

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Even with a new closed thread symbol, you'd still need to refresh the page to see that it was closed. There is already a locked symbol for threads.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 10-30-2009, 08:21 AM   #6
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

Okay if you don't see that one thing you can do, that I have done is check the last post on the thread. On the left side in the bottom corner of each page of the thread you will see Closed written in a box. Also before you even open a thread there is a lock sign like Webberlily mentioned, but if you are in a thread like has happened to me, and it gets closed while you are typing and don't know it...well there isn't much you can do about that.

So there are a couple of ways to see if a thread is closed before you even type on it. I am not sure if they would add any other closed feature as those two work pretty good, unless you happen to click on an open thread and it closes before you leave. I know how frustrating that is its happened to me dozens of times. I will go in a thread and it closes while I am trying to edit my post.

Last edited by Tula; 10-30-2009 at 08:25 AM..
Tula is offline Female
Old 10-30-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
Gifted

Oi..I think it stinks when people don't get what your saying..oh well.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:34 PM   #8
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

That's a great idea! I always see threads in the little section like that, and right when I go over to help that person, I find that the thread is CLOSED! It would be nice to have a little lock like that to know that the thread is closed. Rep points for you!
AsH xO is offline Female
Old 10-30-2009, 03:26 PM   #9
Woah! I am
Gifted

webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!

great idea! rep for you!
webkinzkayla is offline Female
Old 10-30-2009, 05:08 PM   #10
gangnam style
Webkinz :)

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

Sometimes that happens, but it would most likely need a refresh.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
hurricanes, tħɛ Σνυʟ Σʟɩʈε