Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
kimmzy is on a distinguished road

Default Suggestion: Sightings of new items posts

I think it would be a good thing to have posts about sightings for releases of new items. When someone posts that they have purchased a new release item one of the most common questions is 'where did you get it?'

Of course I realize we want to protect the location of the users of WI so I guess that may be one reason this kind of post doesn't exist. But I think with guidelines this should be possible. Such as one may only post your country or state or maybe the name of the chain store the item was found.

The thread could be started by a mod or other member with a picture of the item and its name, after that the posts should only be regarding actual sightings, not about who wants it. The more I think about it it could be done using the poll system I guess, but that would be one lengthy poll with 50 states and other countries they are available.

Thinking out loud mostly. Feel free to take this suggestion and run with it or do what you wish.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #2
Gift Guru
ilovecats20 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Suggestion: Sightings of new items posts

Good idea! You should PM a mod or something to make it happen!
ilovecats20 is offline Female
Old 01-09-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
millieroo is a glorious beacon of lightmillieroo is a glorious beacon of light

I have suggested this too. I think that it would be possible to have a section devoted to new items and by region. They could group a few states together by region. As long as no one puts the city they live in, I think it would be safe. I don't know if Justin and Wendy would want to do that though. It will be interesting to see how others feel about this.
millieroo is offline Female
Old 01-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #4
Hannah Montana Fanatic

Great idea ! Pm some1 !!!! Rep point !
Old 01-10-2008, 04:46 PM   #5
kimmzy is on a distinguished road

I've been thinking about it more. If we need to avoid having the kids indicating what state they live in we could do it by time zone or other groupings of states.