Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
Don't get knarky wit
Webkinz :)

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

Smile Suggestion For Rating Threads!

What's up everybody?!

So I was thinking (shocker, huh!). And, you know when you give reputation to somebody, you can write why you're giving rep to that person? What about the same thing for rating threads?

Say there was this thread and I thought it was just fabulous, so I went and rated it 5 stars. to get those 5 stars, all the thread creator knows is that a lot of people liked it. But maybe they want to know why you liked their thread and rated it!
So here's another example, with this new idea. I really loved this story, so I rated it 5 stars. But below, it says, "What are you rating this thread and why?" so then I might write, "Wonderful description and interesting plot!" . And somehow the creator of the thread can look at their threads and see this. (Maybe in the User CP?) It would make them feel even better about their thread, and be encouraged to make more threads or stories like it, for more positive feedback.

I'm not sure if this is available, but I think it would be a nice addition! Please let me know what you think!

♥Alyssa
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #2

i_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talent

Default Re: Suggestion For Rating Threads!

that's a great idea!
i would love to be able to see who rated my threads, and the comments they posted.

however if someone gives you a bad rating, it might start a fight between the 2 people. Then the thread creator would feel bad and might give all of the other persons threads bad ratings too.

but nice idea
i_like_pie is offline Female
Old 05-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
Don't get knarky wit

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

Exactly! Thanks!
Yes, but by that one rating, if they said why they rated it what they did, that person can improve the story or thread to make it even better!
Old 05-04-2009, 04:50 PM   #4
Slytherin for this

Baby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 

That is a great idea! It would help them make the thread better too if someone didn't give them a high ranking. They would know why. I think you should have the option of not letting that person know who rated it just in case they didn't think it was that good.
Baby252 is offline Female
Old 05-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #5
Gifted

SmileySarah flows towards the sea of knowledgeSmileySarah flows towards the sea of knowledgeSmileySarah flows towards the sea of knowledgeSmileySarah flows towards the sea of knowledgeSmileySarah flows towards the sea of knowledgeSmileySarah flows towards the sea of knowledgeSmileySarah flows towards the sea of knowledgeSmileySarah flows towards the sea of knowledge

That's a really good idea! I would love to see the ratings that people gave me to my threads. If someone gave a thread a bad rating, they should be nice about it in the description. They should offer advice and things like that so it doesn't make the creator feel really bad. Again, very good idea!
SmileySarah is offline Female
Old 05-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #6
Don't get knarky wit

Right! Thanks for posting, Baby252 and SmileySarah!

Anyone else like to post?

Last edited by Lyssa45; 05-06-2009 at 02:35 PM..
Old 05-06-2009, 02:45 PM   #7
WhiteTerrierFan

I absolutely love this idea, Lyssa!
It would be very helpful, and I'm sure a lot of people would love to see why they got the 5 stars for their thread. It could also help people who may have gotten a lower rating to improve the thread if people wrote in suggestions.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:31 PM   #8
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Lyssa45
What's up everybody?!

So I was thinking (shocker, huh!). And, you know when you give reputation to somebody, you can write why you're giving rep to that person? What about the same thing for rating threads?

Say there was this thread and I thought it was just fabulous, so I went and rated it 5 stars. to get those 5 stars, all the thread creator knows is that a lot of people liked it. But maybe they want to know why you liked their thread and rated it!
So here's another example, with this new idea. I really loved this story, so I rated it 5 stars. But below, it says, "What are you rating this thread and why?" so then I might write, "Wonderful description and interesting plot!" . And somehow the creator of the thread can look at their threads and see this. (Maybe in the User CP?) It would make them feel even better about their thread, and be encouraged to make more threads or stories like it, for more positive feedback.

I'm not sure if this is available, but I think it would be a nice addition! Please let me know what you think!

♥Alyssa
Rep! Great idea! Whenever I get a rating on a thread,its usually pretty obvious,but I still want too know if my guess is right. You could go too your User CP and there could be a button saying 'View Thread Ratings' and it will show it just like reps. Of course,just like reps,you could always leave it blank. Great thread!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 05-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #9
Gifted

FOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledge

I love the idea! I think that it would be very great if people could do that with rating! It would help people find out what people like about their thread, or don't. So, say, you didn't like the thread. YOU could rate it two stars and say why! I really like it, Rep!
Old 05-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #10
Don't get knarky wit

Thanks I appreciate it!
Closed