Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 10:48 PM   #1
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted
 
twilightcrz's Avatar
twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

Default Suggestion for polls!

Lately, and every so often, when I make poll, I make little mistakes along the way. I really wish it was possible for us to have an option to go back and edit our polls, if possible. Some mistakes can be super silly, and us members can become very embarassed, and that's never a good feeling. Of course you could always be slow and caitous, but that just doesn't work for some of us, because we never have that much time. In my opinion, there should be a limit for who can use it based on some important aspect, similar how the profile page editing/deleting options use to be, or at least a cap on what, and how many times you can edit. For example, if do-able, it would lock in major words, or phrases, and you could edit around those, and rearrange the wording. I doubt it's possible, but then again, you never know.

I'm so sorry for posting another thread. I guess I'm just In a philophising mood. I know there will definitely be a multitude of opinions on this, so as long as you can stay away fron being rude, feel free to post your thoughts!

Here are some awesome ideas and points!

View Post Originally Posted by LabradorLuverZ
I agree 100% I think when you click "preview" on your poll, you can veiw what your poll'd look like before you actually save it, that way there wouldn't be as many silly mistakes.

Last edited by twilightcrz; 07-10-2009 at 11:26 AM..
twilightcrz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2009, 01:19 AM   #2
Thrilled to be a
Gift Guru
 
Meow Face's Avatar
Meow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socks

Default Re: Suggestion for polls!

I agree that it would be helpful. I also can't think of a reason that it shouldn't be allowed. The poll section of the forum is similar to the open mike section in that it has lots of off topic things, posts there are not considered "meaningful" for applying to be a GT and is pretty much just a great fun section. I don't see the harm in letting members edit their polls.

If I am missing a problem with because I am sleepy I am really interested in hearing it

Very nice idea, thank you for sharing!
Meow Face is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 06:12 AM   #3
Anti Twilight.
Webkinz :)
 
lizzyxwebkinz's Avatar
lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Suggestion for polls!

Rep if I can give you any! Great idea! I like this idea because sometimes I'll make a huge mistake on a poll and when someone points it out it makes me feel bad. Great thread!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 06:29 AM   #4
Gift Guru
 
smvmonkey's Avatar
smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 
Default Re: Suggestion for polls!

Editing the polls would be good except for you could only edit it for typos and such because members could have already put in their vote and if you completely change it - then your votes wouldn't be accurate because you changed it and that wouldnt be what they had voted on.
But yeah, good idea
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 08:00 AM   #5
ebaday
Guest

Default Re: Suggestion for polls!

I think that this is a good idea! Everyone messes up and I don't think installing a EDIT button would hurt anything. My only problem I can see is the owner changing it to fit her way. Such as the question was "Do you like my new shirt" and 20 people said yes and 2 said no she could switch the questions around and then say "No one likes me! WAH" or something like that.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:01 AM   #6
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted
 
twilightcrz's Avatar
twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

Default Re: Suggestion for polls!

View Post Originally Posted by smvmonkey
Editing the polls would be good except for you could only edit it for typos and such because members could have already put in their vote and if you completely change it - then your votes wouldn't be accurate because you changed it and that wouldnt be what they had voted on.
But yeah, good idea
That's exactly why I think there should be a lock, or limit. You could totally manipulate their words if there wasn't one, and that definitely wouldn't be good!

View Post Originally Posted by Meow Face
I agree that it would be helpful. I also can't think of a reason that it shouldn't be allowed. The poll section of the forum is similar to the open mike section in that it has lots of off topic things, posts there are not considered "meaningful" for applying to be a GT and is pretty much just a great fun section. I don't see the harm in letting members edit their polls.

If I am missing a problem with because I am sleepy I am really interested in hearing it

Very nice idea, thank you for sharing!
The only thing about this, is that someone could edit it to say something completely random, and change the votes' meanings drastically. That's why I say there should be a lock.

View Post Originally Posted by lizzyxwebkinz
Rep if I can give you any! Great idea! I like this idea because sometimes I'll make a huge mistake on a poll and when someone points it out it makes me feel bad. Great thread!
Thank you! I definintely know how you feel, and it sometimes gets a little annoying too.

View Post Originally Posted by ebaday
I think that this is a good idea! Everyone messes up and I don't think installing a EDIT button would hurt anything. My only problem I can see is the owner changing it to fit her way. Such as the question was "Do you like my new shirt" and 20 people said yes and 2 said no she could switch the questions around and then say "No one likes me! WAH" or something like that.
Yeah, that's one of the only problems there might be with it. I can see your point, thank you for sharing!

Last edited by twilightcrz; 07-10-2009 at 11:01 AM..
twilightcrz is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #7
Webkinz :)
 
LabradorLuverZ's Avatar
LabradorLuverZ is a name known to allLabradorLuverZ is a name known to allLabradorLuverZ is a name known to all

Default Re: Suggestion for polls!

View Post Originally Posted by ebaday
I think that this is a good idea! Everyone messes up and I don't think installing a EDIT button would hurt anything. My only problem I can see is the owner changing it to fit her way. Such as the question was "Do you like my new shirt" and 20 people said yes and 2 said no she could switch the questions around and then say "No one likes me! WAH" or something like that.
I agree 100% I think when you click "preview" on your poll, you can veiw what your poll'd look like before you actually save it, that way there wouldn't be as many silly mistakes.
LabradorLuverZ is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 11:25 AM   #8
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted
 
twilightcrz's Avatar
twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

Default Re: Suggestion for polls!

View Post Originally Posted by LabradorLuverZ
I agree 100% I think when you click "preview" on your poll, you can veiw what your poll'd look like before you actually save it, that way there wouldn't be as many silly mistakes.
Oh! That's an amazing idea! I'm definitely going to quote that! We should get one of these options at least, so we can stop making such fools of ourselves.
twilightcrz is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #9
Anti Twilight.
Webkinz :)
 
lizzyxwebkinz's Avatar
lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Suggestion for polls!

View Post Originally Posted by twilightcrz
Thank you! I definintely know how you feel, and it sometimes gets a little annoying too.
Yeah,it gets annoying to see a million posts that say "You spelled ____ wrong!" and then you keep on having to tell them you didn't mean to spell it that way.
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 11:39 AM   #10
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru
 
MarielofRedwall's Avatar
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

Default Re: Suggestion for polls!

That is a nice idea, though I am not sure if it could work. Maybe you spelled a different word than you intended and WI members were thinking THAT word, not the one you intended. So, I think I would just make another poll with the same topics and choices. Still, you would not want people saying you spelled it wrong, so I guess you could use it.
MarielofRedwall is offline Female
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts