Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #11
Webkinz :)
lps3cheese has disabled reputation

Default Re: Suggestion: Option to hide post count

I think this is a good idea, especially if it's just an option. If no one likes it, just don't use it.
lps3cheese is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2010, 08:52 PM   #12
RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!

It's definitely good to have options, if you feel that those things aren't necessary for you to choose, and I don't agree that people "judge" based on post count. Sure, people may treat new members differently, but they'll eventually get into the swing of things like everyone else. I think hiding your post count would be more of a personal matter, rather then a judgmental thing..
RexfordButchBD is offline Female
Old 12-23-2010, 12:15 AM   #13
hiskermagic is a

whiskermagic is a jewel in the roughwhiskermagic is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, I agree with zacspet. What is someone needs help with WI?
whiskermagic is offline Female
Old 12-23-2010, 01:27 AM   #14
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

Some people with super high post counts aren't necessarily the most helpful people, nor are people with high rep counts. Some people post almost entirely on the DCT or RP so their post count is high, but they may not be the go to person for help. Some people get a lot of Rep for no real reason other than being nice or having a bunch of friends, it's not always the indicator it was intended for unfortunately.
That being said, I'm not sure I agree or disagree with it. Even with length of time on WI, some of the people here longest may have a super low post count and so are they more or less helpful because of either of those things?
I'm not sure what the intention of the idea is, but none of these things can be a judgment of the person in and of itself. It's hard to judge a book by it's cover. But seeing a few of their posts is a good indicator and how they present themselves.
On another note, Giftz points need to be shown for specific trading reasons and should never be disabled.
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 12-23-2010, 05:03 AM   #15

moosetracks143 wows us all with wondermoosetracks143 wows us all with wondermoosetracks143 wows us all with wondermoosetracks143 wows us all with wondermoosetracks143 wows us all with wondermoosetracks143 wows us all with wondermoosetracks143 wows us all with wondermoosetracks143 wows us all with wondermoosetracks143 wows us all with wondermoosetracks143 wows us all with wonder

Hmm..
Of course, I have to have some respect for those who have lots of posts, because it means that they're very involved in the forum (no matter what section), but lots of posts doesn't necessarily mean that their opinions are any more "correct" or any more important than the opinions of those who have only a handful of posts. Sometimes newcomers are the ones that bring the most to the table! While I do understand where you're coming from, I, like many people here on WI, don't see post number as a marker of status, and I certainly don't judge a person's post based on how many stars or rep bars they have - I base it on the quality of the post itself! To me, showing our post numbers is fun and harmless, and I think the option to keep it or kick it would just make things a little more complicated.
...Does that make sense?
moosetracks143 is offline Female
Old 12-23-2010, 11:07 AM   #16
I love you ♥

Starla knows the way
Starla knows the wayStarla knows the wayStarla knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
This is not as bad as it used to be. A lot of people here are not nearly as obssessive about as they once were. Blocking rep is a choice made individually, but I think blocking post counts would lead to people not knowing for sure if they could trust the information you are getting.
People will random rep and those still show you as friendly, but a Post count doesn't lie about your experience here.
I am not being prejudiced against low-counters, don't get me wrong, but when I see COWS4YOU's posts I KNOW that she is THE Go-To person about ANYTHING in the forum.
From the viewpoint of a newcomer, I think that is who I would seek out, people who know their way around and aren't afraid to show it
I agree with Dixiecup.
Starla is offline Female
Old 12-23-2010, 12:14 PM   #17
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
This is not as bad as it used to be. A lot of people here are not nearly as obssessive about as they once were. Blocking rep is a choice made individually, but I think blocking post counts would lead to people not knowing for sure if they could trust the information you are getting.
People will random rep and those still show you as friendly, but a Post count doesn't lie about your experience here.
I am not being prejudiced against low-counters, don't get me wrong, but when I see COWS4YOU's posts I KNOW that she is THE Go-To person about ANYTHING in the forum.
From the viewpoint of a newcomer, I think that is who I would seek out, people who know their way around and aren't afraid to show it
I agree.
pup5115 is offline Male
Closed