Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 12:38 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

PBB94 is on a distinguished road

Smile Suggestion for Members of Webkinz Insider

Hey guys! I'm PBB94, I just recently joined, maybe about a month ago. I really enjoy this website, but I have one regret; a lot of people are posting stuff like:

"Guys, let's be nice to make WI a nice place."

or

"I've seen a lot of people being mean on WI."

Simply red flag the post if you think it is innapropriate and it hurts other's feelings. Don't say, "OMG you're soooo mean how could you say that?" because you're just feeding the fire. Simply red flag it, and get on with it. After you red flag a post, don't feel compelled to make a new thread critising those who have made a few bad choices in their language. the moderators will take care of the problem once you red flag it. There is more than one person every day who makes a thread like this. Everyone makes mistakes, help them correct their mistakes, but don't pretend like you ar every improtant and need to patrol around making sure everyone is "being nice." This isn't kindegarten. We will all work together cooperatively, and that's that.

By making this thread I'm not trying to critise you or point out specific people, this is just a friendly reminder and I hope you all remind this as you're clicking the "new thread" button to report that someone wasn't being nice. I'm not trying to start a fight, just trying to help!

Much love and happiness to ya'll,
PBB94
and Blooberry Holly

So remember, red flag it, don't feed the fire, and stay cool!
PBB94 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2008, 01:26 PM   #2
Leah Clearwater. ;]
Gifted

leahme999 has disabled reputation

Default Re: Suggestion for Members of Webkinz Insider

I agree completely!!
leahme999 is offline Female
Old 07-26-2008, 01:30 PM   #3
I'm finally a

gatorgirlchamps is a jewel in the roughgatorgirlchamps is a jewel in the rough

You have a good point! It does just feed the fire! But, also, if you don't tell them that it was rude, how will they ever learn and apologize? You shouldn't say things like "OMG! How could you say that? That is so rude!!!!" but maybe "That was a little rude..I realize you might not really mean it, but that was still rude." but I do agree with you!
gatorgirlchamps is offline Female
Old 07-26-2008, 01:36 PM   #4
lizzie
Gifted

tacobell222 has disabled reputation

I totally agree. And if you just wanna simply stop the problem without the moderators having to do it, you can give them a nice pm. If they make a mean reply back, then it would be good to contat a mod!
And what was the red flag system for if you don't use it?
And my system I would only use on something really serious!
tacobell222 is offline Female
Old 07-26-2008, 01:41 PM   #5
MeowAusten
Gifted

Googlejo22 has much to be proud ofGooglejo22 has much to be proud ofGooglejo22 has much to be proud ofGooglejo22 has much to be proud of

i SO agree with you!
Googlejo22 is offline Female
Old 07-26-2008, 01:51 PM   #6

abw915 will become famous soon enough

you do have a really good point, and i compleatly agree with you!
abw915 is offline Female
Old 07-26-2008, 02:06 PM   #7
ruko777

Ruko777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wink Re: Suggestion for Members of Webkinz Insider

RIGHT ON SISTER!!! i totaly agree!!! i will work on trying to do that...though i havnt seen any posts with any thing of the sort but still...
Old 07-26-2008, 02:10 PM   #8

CocoLion is just really niceCocoLion is just really nice

I agree, but I don't think threads like that are necessary at all. No offense to anyone who's made a thread like this, but everyone just needs to use common sense. We all loose our cool once in a while, that's okay. Going off on somebody for no reason is just...Not okay. But almost EVERY time somebody sees this, they make a thread about it. Simply red-flagging these posts, I DEFINATLY agree with Some posts are very rude and unnessesary, along with some threads. If we all just used common sense, I think that it'd be great, so these types of threads aren't needed.
CocoLion is offline Female
Old 07-26-2008, 05:30 PM   #9
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest
BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by gatorgirlchamps
You have a good point! It does just feed the fire! But, also, if you don't tell them that it was rude, how will they ever learn and apologize?
I flag several posts each day and sometimes I do feel it necessary to also add a quick post in the thread reminding the readers there that something was done against the rules.

It is a judgement call, but 'gatorgirlchamps' is right -- if there is nothing said immediately about the abusive post, many readers will think that nothing has been done.

That could waste even more of a mod's time, looking at many flags, instead of just one about that problem. Better to let other readers know that the post has already been flagged.

Private PM to the abuser? I strongly suggest that you do NOT do this!! The likely response is "you are NOT a mod! Don't tell me what to do!!" or language even worse than that. Then you still have to tell a mod anyway. Does not work!!

So, flag any post that is rude or against the rules. A mod will see that and take actions.

BERT_X is offline Male
Old 07-27-2008, 02:05 PM   #10

PBB94 is on a distinguished road

Thanks to everyone who posted! You guys rock and it feels great to be agreed with. Thanks again guys!

Also, I have an addition: if you start a thread and someone doesn't agree and they say something mean or whatever, you can either red flag it or ignore it 'cause you can't let little comments get you. You gotta keep movin'. Thanks for the support everyone, let's make sure everyone reads this!

Last edited by PBB94; 07-27-2008 at 02:07 PM..
PBB94 is offline Female
Closed