Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
Webkinz :)
bwana50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Suggestion to help Ganz

I was thinking about the issues with the exclusives going on lately and that Ganz is saying that they are trying to crack down on those very few people who sell the virtual items on ebay and the like. My thought was this: We need to help Ganz stop those guys. We can do two things.

1) Never, Never, Never buy virtual item off ebay.

2) If the people who like to go to ebay would take a few minutes to check through listings and flag/report those that are selling virtual items, then ebay would probably remove them (at least they would if Ganz explicitly tells them it's against their policies). Ebay doesn't review every listing, they depend on other users to report violations, so we need to do that. I think Ganz should hire people to do the checking, but until/unless they do (I imagine it would be cheaper than hiring more CS people to deal with complaints) we have to try and help. Oh, and maybe we need to watch Craig's List, too. I don't know, I've never checked that one for webkinz.

Anyway, just my thoughts this moring while taking a shower....
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #2

Default Re: Suggestion to help Ganz

Good Idea.

And in reality. Any good business would have people that monitor stuff like this if it's against their policy, and so I guess either they do or don't and don't care to.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
bwana50 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it may be an issue they didn't expect... I mean, really, who would anticiapte that people would try to sell something that doesn't even really exist. So they may be on the defense versus the offense in this one. The whole virtual world is a pretty new concept and Ganz is at the front of the pack, so they are charting unknown territory at times and they make mistakes, which are to be expected. It's how they deal with THEIR mistakes and fix them that will tell whether or not they stand the test of time. I honestly hope they can fix the problems quickly and make things work for everyone and we will all still be here ten years from now laughing over all the little glitches we helped them through "back in the day"... sort of like my husband will never buy a new car, especially a new model. He'll always let someone else drive the bugs out for him, as he says... I guess we are trying to drive some of the bugs out of WW.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
photomommy will become famous soon enough

I have bought several stuff a while ago I didn't realize that it was against GANZ agreeemnt until recently, I stopped since it can add up to buy virtual items.

To be honest GANZ has BIGGER problems I am sure there are more EMPTY BLUE BOXES a day that are not being awarded then people selling virtual items on ebay. Virtual items also cuts into GANZ profits some people might justify paying $5.00 for virtual VS getting a new webkinz that awards us empty boxes LOL (that is probally why they are tackling it).
Old 03-20-2008, 01:00 PM   #5
cynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clown

hreat thinking. i dont like those people who try to seel virtual WW items on ebay. thanks for bringing up this issue!
cynthi1234 is offline Female
Old 03-20-2008, 05:10 PM   #6

That is an amazig idea. NEVER try people out there!