Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
discordkitty will become famous soon enough

Default Suggestion: Adults Only Section of Forum?

Just a suggestion ... a locked forum section on here people could apply to join and discuss things with relaxed rules amongst other adults.

I've been trying to find an adult webkinz type site, but alas there doesn't seem to be one.

Last edited by discordkitty; 05-29-2010 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: title
discordkitty is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
kittycat42587

LolCat72 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Adults Only Section of Forum?

I'm a *please don't reveal personal information, this includes the level of school you are in! -missgnomie* and I think this would be unfair. Kids should have a chance to discuss with people from around the world.

Last edited by MissGnomie; 05-29-2010 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: .
LolCat72 is offline Female
Old 05-29-2010, 09:32 PM   #3

Default Re: Adults Only Section of Forum?

I'm not saying you wouldn't ... people would still use the rest of the forum. It would just be nice for those of us who are 18+ to be able to talk and discuss things and adult topics/not worry about saying certain things.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
jet3461

Elephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Suggestion: Adults Only Section of Forum?

I don't think this should happen. People lie about their age on the internet, and what if a little kid said he was 18, and got access to that part of the forum?

You can always create an Adult Based Webkinz Site at

Webs - Make a free website, get free hosting

El
Elephant is offline Male
Old 05-29-2010, 09:38 PM   #5
LilyAurora

LilyAurora is a name known to allLilyAurora is a name known to allLilyAurora is a name known to all

Little kids always seem to be lying about their age. Maybe you would have to take some sort of academic test before you got access to the 18+ forum. I'm not sure if it would work, but perhaps it's worth a try.
LilyAurora is offline Female
Old 05-29-2010, 09:40 PM   #6

I wish - I don't have the time to run a website =(
Old 05-29-2010, 09:41 PM   #7
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

One of the best things about this Forum is that Everyone is allowed to participate in all discussions no matter who they are. (Gifted Threads excluded)

It is the hobby that we share. I love the fact that I, as an adult, can interact with people all over the world with the same love of Webkinz.

This is a Childrens-Adults Site. Perhaps you will find something like you are looking for on another site. but defiantly not here.
rockermom is offline Female
Old 05-29-2010, 09:45 PM   #8

View Post Originally Posted by LilyAurora
Little kids always seem to be lying about their age. Maybe you would have to take some sort of academic test before you got access to the 18+ forum. I'm not sure if it would work, but perhaps it's worth a try.
People lie but in a community like this where people seem to know others well and I'm sure a just reading what people post gives you an idea of their age - for younger ones anyway. I can tell the difference between a post someone my age writes and a post by a 10 year old

Post count could also be a requirement to apply for access ... that way no one making an account just to try and get access.

I'd say math might be a good factor ... I saw a lot of people having trouble with the skill testing question for the good fairy charm contest. Now I was horrible at math, straight D student all my life, but even I had no problem with the questions - simple BEDMAS.

Like if there's some sort of application, you could be required to do some math like that, write a paragraph or mini-essay (obviously the ideas and expression of an adult will be different than a child) about something. Who knows?

Sad if it will never happen, but at least there is the rest of the site.

I found a trace that there used to be an adult kinz site but it's no longer around. I don't know if it wasn't popular or if it was maybe just left by the owner and expired.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:46 PM   #9
Not just a
Gift Guru

ImTara55 is a forum hero
ImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum hero

I think it's great that this forum is open to all ages in each place! While I understand where you are coming from, I think Webkinz itself is a kid-geared website, which is why most sites and forums regarding Webkinz are aimed for kids or all ages. I think there are always going to be rules that don't fit every age group on a site that has members of all ages. In my opinion, it's not fair to section off parts of a forum that only allow certain ages in them. Good suggestion though!
ImTara55 is offline Female
Old 05-29-2010, 09:50 PM   #10

View Post Originally Posted by rockermom
This is a Childrens-Adults Site. Perhaps you will find something like you are looking for on another site. but defiantly not here.
Nowhere did I say or indicate I had a problem with the site as-is. I don't Just had a suggestion and saw a forum to make it in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to delete this thread, obviously it is upsetting some people which was not my intent. Apologies for the suggestion.

Last edited by discordkitty; 05-29-2010 at 09:50 PM..
Closed