Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Arrow "Subscribing" to Profiles.

Hello and thanks for clicking.
Sorry if the thread title seems a little... weird. I'll try my best to explain this suggestion...

Well, today I was on someone's Profile, and there were three people on that Profile chatting together, (the profile owner and two others) which I thought was kinda cool, a nice little alternative to the DCT.
Also, I've noticed that some people, when you leave them a VM, instead of replying on your Profile, they reply on their's, so we have to go back and check what they wrote, or sometimes we just don't go back cause we expect them to write back on ours.

Here is where my suggestion comes in... I think it would be pretty convenient if you could Subscribe to Profiles, like we do on Threads. After you Subscribe, you could go to "User CP Home" (just like thread Subscriptions) and check to see if anyone wrote back since you last visited that Profile. And if you wanted to, you could sign up for PM or Email notifications, too. Edit: Lolo brought this up and said that we would also be getting notified for messages left by others on that profile. I was thinking that there could be an option- a box, where you type in the person/persons usernames that you're talking to, then you would get notifications ONLY if they post on the Profile. So, maybe there would be an option like "Enable Profile Subscribing to following users:..." and you could just type their usernames in. -Thanks Lolo.

So, if you're having a little chat with more than one person on one profile, you could Subscribe to that, so you wouldn't have to sit there the whole time and wait for them to respond, and if your chat is over, you could easily delete that Subscription. Same for Profiles where the person responds by typing back on there Profile, then you wouldn't miss it.

What do you think?
Could this work...?

Last edited by dotdotduck; 08-05-2009 at 10:02 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #2
~{Midnight.Train}~
Webkinz :)

Lolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: "Subscribing" to Profiles.

Hmm... That's an interesting idea, but the only problem would be, is that you'd be getting notified for other people's notifications... And they might not only be chatting with the say, 3 people who were there at the time. Other than that, not a bad idea.
Lolo12 is offline Female
Old 08-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by Lolo12
Hmm... That's an interesting idea, but the only problem would be, is that you'd be getting notified for other people's notifications... And they might not only be chatting with the say, 3 people who were there at the time. Other than that, not a bad idea.
Yeah, I was thinking about that, too... The best think I could think of was to delete that subscription when you're done talking to them... but, yeah, you would still be seeing messages from others...
Thanks, Lolo
Old 08-05-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
Adventure Time!(:

PrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to behold

Like Lolo said, you would get notified for any messages left on the profile. I actually didn't even think about that until she said it! Otherwise, it's a fabulous idea! I would definitely use it if it ever comes around!
PrincessToeshoe is offline Female
Old 08-05-2009, 09:58 AM   #5
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

Just become friends with them. If they reply on their profile, kindly tell them to reply on yours fom now on.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 08-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #6
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by PrincessToeshoe
Like Lolo said, you would get notified for any messages left on the profile. I actually didn't even think about that until she said it! Otherwise, it's a fabulous idea! I would definitely use it if it ever comes around!
Thanks Angelena.
I edited the 1st post a bit.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:04 AM   #7
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by tarsky781
Just become friends with them. If they reply on their profile, kindly tell them to reply on yours fom now on.
Yeah, I guess you could do that... It's mostly newer members that I see doing this... Thanks for posting, Tarsky!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:07 AM   #8

ChocolateCow has disabled reputation

i think thats a pretty good idea.....i think it would work good thinking!!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #9

i_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talent

Hmm I think it would be kind of creepy if someone else would be able to know whenever you got vms and whenever you replied to them.
But that's just my opnion, cool idea!
i_like_pie is offline Female
Old 08-05-2009, 10:28 AM   #10

Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!

That's a pretty good idea...a little confusing but I get it.
REP!
Pupcake is offline Female
Closed