Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 08:20 AM   #11
Gift Guru

bookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Stop the Stalling! *Easy Ways to Have a Good Conversation*

View Post Originally Posted by muzicfreak
great thread pugs!
I also think that sometimes if you are down a longtime WI friend is a good person to talk to about problems or disapointments and happy things to! But I always found it easy to tell my friends on WI about things and when it's a problem I tell them ,they always help me. Yeah that's a good convo starter
I agree, some things in life are just hard to handle by yourself. And sometimes you can talk to a real life friend about them, but here on WI you don't have to worry about getting looked at funny, or having awkward silences, you know?
And with these conversation starters, we could start chatting and keep chatting for a long time!
bookworm5854 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2009, 08:33 AM   #12
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Very nice thread, and very nice questions, Pugs

I get lots of VMs asking "Do you like ducks?" and I usually respond by writting, "Yes, I LOVE them! " and then the person is usually like "Ok........" or they don't respond... I don't know about you, but it seems like they're scared of me! xD
Old 03-26-2009, 08:41 AM   #13
Falling for
Webkinz :)

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

I really enjoyed this thread. You put a lot of thought into your suggestions and I especially enjoyed the random questions. REP!
Old 03-26-2009, 11:32 AM   #14
e all love our

fluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant future

Great giude, I find it troubles me to find something interesting to chat about. Now I know how to start a nice flow of a convertsation. I have one: Are you a vegetarian?
This was a very helpful chat starter thread, rep for heping many members! (including me!)
fluffypup is offline Female
Old 03-26-2009, 03:40 PM   #15

PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by bookworm5854
This is amazing!

Another question to add to the list use would be, What do you think came first: The chicken, or the egg?

Anyways, I agree that those converstions that end awkwardly are, well, very awkward! And that sometimes funny questions like those are your only choice, unless you want the conversation to actually end like that

I will be adding this to my subscribed threads to use--Thank you so much!

~J
That's a good one! I will add it to the list!

Yes, they are awkward. It doesn't feel very good either. I try my hardest not to have those conversations, but it doesn't always work.

Wow, thanks!

View Post Originally Posted by :)Anna(:
Very good guide, although I think you might want to make a note that you shouldn't say the year you were born; it violates rules!
Did I put that there? I don't think so. I meant the day and month, like mine would be February 18th. I would never ask for the year.

View Post Originally Posted by SmelzGood84
I agree we should get a mod to sticky this!!!!!
Wow, thanks! Thanks to everyone for their posts.

View Post Originally Posted by warmblood12211
These are great tips pug! 5 Star thread- as usual
Aw, thanks warmblood.

View Post Originally Posted by dotdotduck
Very nice thread, and very nice questions, Pugs

I get lots of VMs asking "Do you like ducks?" and I usually respond by writting, "Yes, I LOVE them! " and then the person is usually like "Ok........" or they don't respond... I don't know about you, but it seems like they're scared of me! xD
That's how I feel! I'm like, "Are you against dog owners?" xD

View Post Originally Posted by fluffypup
Great giude, I find it troubles me to find something interesting to chat about. Now I know how to start a nice flow of a convertsation. I have one: Are you a vegetarian?
This was a very helpful chat starter thread, rep for heping many members! (including me!)
That's a good one! If I don't have that one (I forget- xD!), I'll be sure to add it.
Thank you!

-Pugs
PugsRock is offline Female
Old 03-26-2009, 04:08 PM   #16
Not just a
Gift Guru

ImTara55 is a forum hero
ImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum hero

Cool thread, you have a lot of good conversation starters up there!!
ImTara55 is offline Female
Old 03-26-2009, 04:10 PM   #17
bigduck
Gifted

bigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonder

That happens to me all the time.
bigduck is offline Female
Old 03-27-2009, 03:07 PM   #18

PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!

Thanks! I know- Hopefully, we can prevent this by happening by including a question when you suspect that an awkward conversation may pop up.

-Pugs
PugsRock is offline Female
Old 03-27-2009, 03:15 PM   #19
That's right I'm a

LJ99 will become famous soon enough

This is fanastic! (((((((((((rep)))))))))))))
Old 03-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #20
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

great tips! rep and five stars for sure!

sometimes people will ask me "do you really like all of those sports teams in your avvie and siggy?"
i reply "of course! do you like them?"
then, if they just post something like "no(ten lettter rule)"

i try to take the conversation further, if something ackward like that happens. maybe ask them what teams/sports they do like, or if they seem bored of this topic, casually introduce a new topic

i am sure these tips will help many people make new friends, and get to know more about their current friends

great thread!
bob nws III is offline Male
Closed