Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 09:44 PM   #21
Dinomom13

Default Re: Stop posting Testcolour!!!!

Has anyone discovered if "testcolour" ever changes in the pet's bio once whatever the glitched-intended-webbie-that-should-have-been-listed-as-the-friend is released?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #22
baikey
Gift Guru

ebenz315 is just really niceebenz315 is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by SandyVern
You could always just not read those threads that you don't like......
that is true, but when you have to sift through all kinds of announcement posts to find ones that actually have substantially new information in them, it can get annoying
Old 12-06-2007, 10:01 PM   #23
By night i'm a
Webkinz :)

cubbyfanjohn has a spectacular aura aboutcubbyfanjohn has a spectacular aura about

yeah, i agree
Old 12-06-2007, 10:44 PM   #24
lizzthefizz48
Gifted

webkinzluver48 is on a distinguished road

yeah people need to stop
Old 12-07-2007, 02:53 AM   #25
Deanna475

OK, I'll throw my 2¢ into this thread ... what we are basically saying or agreeing to is that we want the "junk" posts (for lack of a better term) to be kept to a minimum or in a separate section altogether, and I agree.

It's hard to tell from most of the subject lines if someone needs help/advice or just wants to talk about the new pets they got. Subject lines such as:

OMG. I DON'T BELIEVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUICK !!!! HELP NOW !!!! EMERGENCY !!!!! (and it turns out all the person wants is to know what Goo Goo Berries are or some such thing ~ I call this the "crying wolf" syndrome)

IMPORTANT INFORMATION. READ THIS !!!!!!!! (and it turns out the person is telling the forum about a party they are having)

etc.
etc.
etc.

I would also like it if people posted in the proper sections. There is just way too much "I need help with this or that" posts in the General Discussion section. There is a specific help section and people should use it.

And don't even get me started on how many chipmunk threads, threads about when are the Christmas items coming, or threads about WW being down for maintenance !!

The thing is ..... WI has many young members, some probably as young as 9 or 10, who do not know how to compose a proper subject line or which section their post relates to. Many do not know how to conduct themselves in a public forum. So they type what they think will catch people's attention and type about whatever is on their minds without checking to see if someone else has already posted about it.

I think reminding ALL OF THE MEMBERS on the front page or at the top of the forum to abide by the rules they read and agreed to when they first joined or when their parents let them join might be necessary. Maybe the members should be told to at least skim the first two pages of the General Discussion section before posting the 10th message in 5 minutes that WW suddenly went down and maybe this means Christmas is coming?

Well, I guess that's more like a dollar's worth, rather than 2¢ but it's still just my opinion. The mods can make of my suggestions what they will.

And now it is 2:50 a.m. and WW is back online. Got dailies to do, pets to be fed, rooms to be decorated, games to be played and KC money to be made. Busy morning !!!
Old 12-07-2007, 03:03 AM   #26
Dinomom13

Perhaps there should be a "rule of the day" reminder? LOL! That way, the rules could be presented over a time frame as reminders and the younger members might actually notice them....LOL!

Old 12-07-2007, 03:14 AM   #27
Deanna475

View Post Originally Posted by Dinomom13
Perhaps there should be a "rule of the day" reminder? LOL! That way, the rules could be presented over a time frame as reminders and the younger members might actually notice them....LOL!
That's a great idea !!
Old 12-07-2007, 01:05 PM   #28
mike2nr is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by Dinomom13

that is a good idea
Old 12-07-2007, 03:35 PM   #29
calaxgoalie
Gifted

calaxgoalie will become famous soon enough

Well its not always their fault. Most people probly don't see the other people who have posted the same thread, and just need to ask the question.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:15 PM   #30
I love my

gymnasticsgirl96 has a spectacular aura about

I agree...it is anoying

---------- gymnasticsgirl96 added 0 Minutes and 27 Seconds later ----------

I was JUST thinking the same thing the other day!

Last edited by gymnasticsgirl96; 12-09-2007 at 03:15 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
gymnasticsgirl96 is offline Female
Closed