Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 11:36 AM   #41
pretzel20
Webkinz :)

ponystargirl has a spectacular aura aboutponystargirl has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Step into the shoes of an Online Predator- Do you really think that all your personal info is hidden?...

Wow thanks! I really see why I don't need a Facbook!
ponystargirl is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2009, 12:57 PM   #42
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Thumbs down Re: Step into the shoes of an Online Predator- Do you really think that all your personal info is hidden?...

View Post Originally Posted by dotdotduck
I just wanted to give out a little reminder about personal info...

We all know that here on WI we can ONLY give out things like:
- our 1st names
- our Middle names
- the state we live in

But I recently found out that WI has a Facebook account...
and there people from WI come and post things like "Hey, I'm (username) from WI!"
and whats "bad" about Facebook you ask?

It gives out this info:
- our 1st names
- our last names
- personal pictures

from there on an Online Predator could take your 1st and last name and search you up on Myspace (which I'm guessing most teens and some adults have)
And what do they get?

It gives this info out:
- more personal pictures
and sometimes even your phone #...

Now they have all the info they need to find you... they just go to Yellowpages, type in your city and last name... BINGO! They gotcha

So, you see how easy it was for me (a kid) to figure this out? Think of how easy it would be for an adult 2x smarter than me... So I just wanna warn you guys to think before decide what you want to give out on Facebook/Myspace/Youtube and all those other online resoures...

Stay safe, and thank you very much for reading

It is good to be safe, but you shouldn't even give out first and last names, or even state. Also, on FaceBook, a person can't see your profile until you add them to your friends list. It isn't as bad as you think. If you were on MySpace, and someone asked to be your friend because they can't see your profile, say no. Also, predators can get you by just your first and last names and state. Don't even give out that.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 02-25-2009, 03:51 PM   #43
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Step into the shoes of an Online Predator- Do you really think that all your personal info is hidden?...

View Post Originally Posted by badena2
It is good to be safe, but you shouldn't even give out first and last names, or even state. Also, on FaceBook, a person can't see your profile until you add them to your friends list. It isn't as bad as you think. If you were on MySpace, and someone asked to be your friend because they can't see your profile, say no. Also, predators can get you by just your first and last names and state. Don't even give out that.
Actually you can see WI's profile without logging in... heres the link if you want to see it ---> WebkinzInsider.Com | Facebook

And on Myspace people can see your profile, it just depends on if you check the option that only lets your friends look at it...
Old 02-25-2009, 03:54 PM   #44
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

Thanks for the tips
januarywebkinz is offline Male
Old 02-25-2009, 03:55 PM   #45
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by januarywebkinz
Thanks for the tips
Your welcome, thanks for posting
Old 02-25-2009, 04:18 PM   #46
HAHAHAHAHa..ha..h...

Lynsee is a name known to allLynsee is a name known to allLynsee is a name known to all

Oh wow... That's easier than a lot of people think about. I myself have a myYearbook account and luckily I didn't put any information on it other than my first name.
Rep!
Lynsee is offline Female
Old 02-25-2009, 04:19 PM   #47
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by ♥lindsey♥
Oh wow... That's easier than a lot of people think about. I myself have a myYearbook account and luckily I didn't put any information on it other than my first name.
Rep!
Thank you very much Lindsey
Old 02-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #48
DuckKin is my userna
Gift Trainee

katykinz has a spectacular aura aboutkatykinz has a spectacular aura about

Yah! Rep to you.

Everyone thinks "Oh who cares, no online predators are in MY friends list!"

Thankfully I have enough common sense not to have a MySpace/Facebook thing!

Did you know, My Space just kicked out 90, 000 s.ex offenders. The thing I am wondering, how could they let 90,000 offenders on anyway?
katykinz is offline Female
Old 02-25-2009, 04:26 PM   #49
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by katykinz
Yah! Rep to you.

Everyone thinks "Oh who cares, no online predators are in MY friends list!"

Thankfully I have enough common sense not to have a MySpace/Facebook thing!

Did you know, My Space just kicked out 90, 000 s.ex offenders. The thing I am wondering, how could they let 90,000 offenders on anyway?
90,000!

And who knows how many more are out there...

Thank you for posting
Old 02-25-2009, 04:33 PM   #50
Just another

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

Great Point!! A lot of people don't think twice about posting: country, state, first name, middle name, number of siblings, their ages, weather in your area, favorite teams, school colors, and school mascots. I have seen all of these things!
dandogkinie is offline Male
Closed