Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 05:39 PM   #11
star123z
Webkinz :)

star123z is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Step into the shoes of an Online Predator- Do you really think that all your personal info is hidden?...

I agree with this thread 100%!!! There are so many bad people and sometimes I wonder why are there such mean people!! Some people need to be way more careful!! That is why I don't have a myspace or facebook. Well anyway good job for bringing this up!!!
star123z is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2009, 05:57 PM   #12
WhiteTerrierFan

Default Re: Step into the shoes of an Online Predator- Do you really think that all your personal info is hidden?...

I agree, you never know who is watching. Personally, I would never post who I was on that facebook account, especially since you can see someone's school name on there and full name even if you aren't friends with them. Better safe than sorry. very good point! [rep]
Old 02-24-2009, 05:57 PM   #13
montanarose9

Yes, I agree!

You could be putting yourself in great danger....
Old 02-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #14
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

you have really outdone yourself this time, my friend!

this thread is awesome...kind of surprising to see just how exposed we are. i like that you thought this up..could open the eyes of any WI member that have posted info on other sites of course...if there were online predators on WI, they could easily do this, though i assume that myspace is already crawling with them...besides, i personally would not post i was from WI if my parents ever give me myspace back...my firends would laugh xD

great job!
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 02-24-2009, 06:08 PM   #15
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

i don't want anyone hunting me down! i'd never give out any personal information to anyone of the web! i don't have facebook and i never will because my dad says it's unsafe and i agree. thanks for warning us!

-pup5115
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 02-24-2009, 06:17 PM   #16
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

Dotdot... you always amaze me with how your help out everyone here in WI, keep us safe, welcome those who are new, answer questions to those seeking help. And you always remember the people you meet, offering smiles and kind words. You are such a great asset to WI, and this thread is just another reason I am so happy to have you here.
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 06:25 PM   #17
ell have a good day

Jenn965 is just really niceJenn965 is just really nice

I know what you are saying and i agree with you it is way way to easy to get info on some one and know about them Soo every on on this cite should know this if they dont already
Jenn965 is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 06:30 PM   #18

snakeboy130 is the cats pajamas!snakeboy130 is the cats pajamas!snakeboy130 is the cats pajamas!snakeboy130 is the cats pajamas!snakeboy130 is the cats pajamas!snakeboy130 is the cats pajamas!

Great thread
I have a facebook, but its a private accound and just has my first and middle name
and then I am not aloud to have a MySpace
cause its alot more 'un-safe' and inaproprete
thanks for bringing this to the sites attention
snakeboy130 is offline Male
Old 02-24-2009, 06:31 PM   #19
e are jormariffic
Pupsaresocute is a forum hero
Pupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by dotdotduck
I just wanted to give out a little reminder about personal info...

We all know that here on WI we can ONLY give out things like:
- our 1st names
- our Middle names
- the state we live in

But I recently found out that WI has a Facebook account...
and there people from WI come and post things like "Hey, I'm (username) from WI!"
and whats "bad" about Facebook you ask?

It gives out this info:
- our 1st names
- our last names
- personal pictures

from there on an Online Predator could take your 1st and last name and search you up on Myspace (which I'm guessing most teens and some adults have)
And what do they get?

It gives this info out:
- more personal pictures
and sometimes even your phone #...

Now they have all the info they need to find you... they just go to Yellowpages, type in your city and last name... BINGO! They gotcha

So, you see how easy it was for me (a kid) to figure this out? Think of how easy it would be for an adult 2x smarter than me... So I just wanna warn you guys to think before decide what you want to give out on Facebook/Myspace/Youtube and all those other online resoures...

Stay safe, and thank you very much for reading
Woah! You are VERY smart to figure that out!! I'm pretty sure no one wants themselves to be kidnapped! Rep rep rep!!
Pupsaresocute is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 06:32 PM   #20
Toph is a
Gift Guru

cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible

Good point .
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Closed