Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 09:31 PM   #1
Fantasia

Default Staying safe on Webkinz Insider and Webkinz

Staying Safe on Webkinz Insider-

I think that it is totally important that everyone stays safe here in our community.
I'm sure that all of you know how dangerous it is to post full names, addresses, the city that you live in and your age. This is all very personal information and it's not safe to post it. There are many predators and creeps out there.

The WI rules state that you don't post personal information unless you are over the age of eighteen. It's also not safe to post personal pictures... of your family, friends, yourself etc.

Inappropriate Content on the Site-

If you ever read a post or thread that makes you uncomfortable, is against the rules or that isn't safe, FLAG IT! To do this, follow these steps:

1. If you spot a bad post, click the red flag.
2. Select send and the post will be passed on to mods/admin
3. Ignore the post and move on once you have reported it... no need to tell the person off, that's why we have the wonderful WI staff

Staying Safe on Webkinz World-

Here are some quick and easy to follow tips:

1. Don't EVER share your password. If you love webkinz as much as I do, you certainly wouldn't want to give away your account that quickly
2. Make your password safe and secure. Use a variety of numbers and letters.... don't make it relevant to your username.
3. Change your password once a week or once every two weeks.
4. Go through your friend's list on Webkinz World and make sure that you only have people that you know in Real Life or on Webkinz Insider.

And the last rule is... HAVE FUN!
You don't need to be paranoid, but you do need to be cautious. Have fun and stay safe on Webkinz World and on Webkinz Insider.

-Fantasia
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2008, 09:39 PM   #2
I'm Jarod x]
Webkinz :)

webkinz iz cool is a jewel in the roughwebkinz iz cool is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Staying safe on Webkinz Insider and Webkinz

thanks for the tips! but for ww ones, I think that #4 isn't that good of a rule, because what if you only know 1 person in real life and they don't have a webkinz account and only 2 WI people will except to be your freind. On WW they have good security so you really don't need to worry about making friends in the clubhouse.

~sincerly,
webkinz iz cool
webkinz iz cool is offline Male
Old 03-04-2008, 09:43 PM   #3
I love being a
Gift Trainee

lovinglizzi has a spectacular aura aboutlovinglizzi has a spectacular aura about

Talking Re: Staying safe on Webkinz Insider and Webkinz

thanks for the info! But i agree with webkinz is cool #4 doesn't make any sense and barely any of my friends have them. But all the rest are really good tips!!

HAPPY EASTER JC IS RISEN! look at the baby ducks
Old 03-04-2008, 09:47 PM   #4
Gift Guru

Skydreamer is a name known to allSkydreamer is a name known to allSkydreamer is a name known to all

yepp... nice writes. some kids just dont understand. live nd learn .
Skydreamer is offline Female
Old 03-04-2008, 10:40 PM   #5
Fantasia

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz iz cool
thanks for the tips! but for ww ones, I think that #4 isn't that good of a rule, because what if you only know 1 person in real life and they don't have a webkinz account and only 2 WI people will except to be your freind. On WW they have good security so you really don't need to worry about making friends in the clubhouse.

~sincerly,
webkinz iz cool
Thanks for your opinion- I definitely respect it
People can run your username through a program and get a password in return. It's not difficult...and sadly people will do it. I'm not saying that every stranger you add from the Clubhouse is going to do this, I'm just saying it's better to be safe than sorry.

Take care!

Fantasia
Old 03-04-2008, 10:45 PM   #6
amberillio

oh, ive seen some one post their phone #!

---------- amberillio added 0 Minutes and 20 Seconds later ----------

good thread!

Last edited by amberillio; 03-04-2008 at 10:45 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #7
azlachat
Gift Guru

azlachat is a jewel in the roughazlachat is a jewel in the rough

Donation Level 3 

A much needed thread *reps* to you on this one...I think that it should be recirculated every so often too since we are growing at such a fast rate...

I have one question for someone though, perhaps an Administrator or Moderator...How are the PM's monitored for those under eighteen, I can't imagine a predator being so obvious to post something right out in the open where ANYONE could see it & report it but what about the PM's?

Anyone know how WI protects it's younger members from possible exploitation?

Last edited by azlachat; 03-04-2008 at 10:49 PM..
azlachat is offline Female
Old 03-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #8
smallville89
Gift Guru

danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!

Thank you for the reminder. It is absolutely dangerous to reveal any personal information about yourself on any forum, no matter how safe it seems......pictures as well. It is only for the safety of anyone involved. I also wanted to add that if anyone approaches you for personal information via pm, please let a mod ar admin know.....if someone is asking for your personal information via pm, please do not give it to them.
Thanks!
danathorn is offline Female
Old 03-04-2008, 10:51 PM   #9
I'm Jarod x]
Webkinz :)

webkinz iz cool is a jewel in the roughwebkinz iz cool is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by Fantasia
Thanks for your opinion- I definitely respect it
People can run your username through a program and get a password in return. It's not difficult...and sadly people will do it. I'm not saying that every stranger you add from the Clubhouse is going to do this, I'm just saying it's better to be safe than sorry.

Take care!

Fantasia
That makes alot of sense! I never knew anyone could do that!it just seems terrible!
webkinz iz cool is offline Male
Old 03-04-2008, 10:55 PM   #10
Fantasia

View Post Originally Posted by danathorn
Thank you for the reminder. It is absolutely dangerous to reveal any personal information about yourself on any forum, no matter how safe it seems......pictures as well. It is only for the safety of anyone involved. I also wanted to add that if anyone approaches you for personal information via pm, please let a mod ar admin know.....if someone is asking for your personal information via pm, please do not give it to them.
Thanks!
Thanks SO much Danathorn!
It's so wonderful that the WI staff is concerned so much about the members of this site and their safety. I feel very safe on this website and I'm sure everyone else those as well

Predators, Predators Predators... I wish they would just go away. You know they could be lurking the sites right now?

My first thought was how many kids are in love with webkinz. Seems like a pretty big attraction for predators too, eh?
Closed