Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 09:26 PM   #11
hgdobbs, kdobbs
Webkinz :)

lucylou9 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Spyware pop-up coming through WI server...

i havent seen any but i'll steer clear
lucylou9 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2008, 09:30 PM   #12

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

Thanks for the heads up

For those who do not have a trusted anti virus program i highly recommend AVG - you can find it here:
http://free.avg.com/

it is absolutely free for private home use and one of the top rated anti virus programs out there.
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 09:43 PM   #13
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Webkinz Insider used to have pop up (or pop under) advertising, but that account was canceled several months ago. If you are still getting pop up ads while viewing Webkinz Insider, please consider running a virus scan on your computer. It could be that something you picked up elsewhere on the internet is popping up randomly has you surf other pages. --FIA
FIA is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 09:47 PM   #14
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
Webkinz Insider used to have pop up (or pop under) advertising, but that account was canceled several months ago. If you are still getting pop up ads while viewing Webkinz Insider, please consider running a virus scan on your computer. It could be that something you picked up elsewhere on the internet is popping up randomly has you surf other pages. --FIA
We have a very strong pop-up blocker FIA and it still got through. This is the only site that have been on this evening.
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 09:53 PM   #15

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

View Post Originally Posted by i <3 webkinz!
We have a very strong pop-up blocker FIA and it still got through. This is the only site that have been on this evening.
Some Virus' take awhile to activate.
I had one on my computer ... for who knows how long ... my computer had been sitting in the basement for awhile ... so it never in occurred to me to run a virus scan..

Anyways... i made it "angry" when trying to delete a game and caused me pain... thank goodness my brother is good with computers ... LOL

It sounds like if it's anything it may be Malware/spyware... which can bring up fake pop-ups or even redirect your browser. They are normally just more annoying but it is still good to remove them if possible.
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 10:01 PM   #16
What is french for
Webkinz :)

maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by rottweilergirl
also click no, it might BE a virus
no don't click no or cancel click x no matter what button you press except x it might download my parents are computer engieers I know this stuff
maggalina is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 10:20 PM   #17
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

That tells me that it isn't a true "pop up" but that it is something coming from your computer that is programmed to look like a pop up. The only thing I can suggest is that you run a virus scan on your computer. I use Mcaffee on mine, but there are a lot of other good ones you can pick up for free on the internet.
FIA is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 10:24 PM   #18
bee wacky!
Gifted

beekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicness
beekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by -Lilypad
If you come across one of these, hit down alt+F4. It's the safest way to get out of whatever you are doing. Just like you said, do not click "no." ...

Thanks for the warning, I'll keep my eyes open for one.
The alt+4 tip is a good tidbit.
Very good tip. Pay attention to this one.

BUT...please be aware that the tip was to hit the buttons "alt" and "F4" at the same time and not "alt" and "4". There is a big difference. The "F#" keys are set up to do certain Functions (hence the "F"). The "F4" key closes windows, programs, whatever is up, one thing at a time. To make this happen, though, you have to push the "alt" key at the same time as you push the F4 key. This action is written "alt+F4".

It's a good thing to know and use when on other web sites, too. Often the "bad guys" will try to make you believe that you already have a virus or trojan or some other malicious things on your computer and try to entice you to try their product. As Kim Komando says, "Just don't click!"

beekay

My First and My Favorite

:el1: :clyde:
beekay is offline Female
Old 09-29-2008, 04:28 PM   #19
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
That tells me that it isn't a true "pop up" but that it is something coming from your computer that is programmed to look like a pop up. The only thing I can suggest is that you run a virus scan on your computer. I use Mcaffee on mine, but there are a lot of other good ones you can pick up for free on the internet.
FIA, this is my father's WORK laptop and it does scans every evening. It is more secure then I could even describe. I put this thread as a warning because this "pop-up" is coming through even on our computer that is beyond the level of the normal security. That's all I can say to explain.
LilyRose is offline Female
Closed