Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #11
My kids think I'm
Gifted

MAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guide

Default Re: Spontaneous Advertisment Jumps From WI

Just now I was reading some new posts and it automatically jumped me to yellowpages.com. Just like you said I couldn't redirect with a new browser address, I had to hit back twice to come back to WI...I immediately started looking through the forum to see if this happened to anyone else this morning! Glad mine wasn't a jump into beer...I might have seen it as divine inspiration....
MAMA5517 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #12
Webkinz :)

matbre is on a distinguished road

It just happened again. It went to area connect powered by yellow pages this time.
matbre is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 10:26 AM   #13
e are jormariffic
Pupsaresocute is a forum hero
Pupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum hero

Mine goes to yellow pages and then a map to a big city near where I live. I'm not clicking on it, it's like when I log in it'll say something like log in now and I'll click on it and then that's where it takes me and where yours took it is really bad. And someone said something about the ***y french video, ya, umm NO! That's bad.

Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention.

-Pups
Pupsaresocute is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 10:34 AM   #14
oo hoo! Nickelcat is
Gifted

Nickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no bounds
Nickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no bounds

This happened to me three times within the space of 30 minutes this morning. Twice I got jumped to a yellow pages search page, and once to a Kelly Blue Book car value page. The worst part is that the first time it happened, I was in the middle of a lengthy PM to my gift coach, and I lost the whole thing!

I thought it was something with my computer and was about to launch a virus scan, but now I see that it is a problem with WI and that it is happening to others as well.

Admins, this is serious and needs to be looked into immediately. Do I flag the thread to make sure a Mod or Admin sees this?

Last edited by Nickelcat; 01-15-2009 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: typo
Nickelcat is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 10:48 AM   #15
The Cullens love my

Popprincess816 is a name known to allPopprincess816 is a name known to allPopprincess816 is a name known to all

I just had that happen it took me to a weird sort of yellow books page.. but it wasn't
Popprincess816 is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #16
Aswartz has a spectacular aura about

has happened 5 or 6 times to me--usually yellow pages but did get the french exercise site....
Old 01-15-2009, 11:40 AM   #17
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

For me, I get taken to Lycos.... which I've NEVER gone to before. Getting very frustrating when these advertisements can 'take you' to their site, even when you are no where near their ad on the forum, and don't click on them. Pop up and drop down menu's are one thing, but being carried away like a hostage is another thing. I DO NOT LIKE IT and really hope that something will be done to prevent these situations from continuing to happen here in WI
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 11:42 AM   #18
ise & Wonderful
Gifted

franks8 is a name known to allfranks8 is a name known to allfranks8 is a name known to all

Thanks to Nickelcat, I am going to report my own thread! Kudos and reputation point to Nickelcat for the advice. Seems like this is the kind of situation that needs attention.

And thanks to everyone else for letting the administration know that spontaneous advertisement is going on and we really don't like that it is happening. Everyone can rate this thread 4 stars so we can continue to let WI know about things going on.

Hello WI administration! Please look into the spontaneous ad jumping occurring in WI.
franks8 is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 02:22 PM   #19
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

I've flagged it too because I didn't see a mod comment here saying they knew about the problem.

I've had issues with ads in the past and they told me the best thing to do is to pm them directly because they need to remove the link directly.

I use Blue Colors now - it cuts back on many of the ads. I like the cleaner look of it too, it refreshes less (using less bandwidth) and I find it as easy to navigate.

Good luck with the flakes

EXO
EXOTERIC is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #20
hopee May 24 weekend
Gift Guru

Rejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clown

One other thing you can try is going into your browser and hit your tools button hit options go into privacy then hit advanced and block all third party cookies, this will cut back on the amount of security risks as well. Also make sure your pop up blocker is on, very strange that your computer is just jumping to an add, perhaps this will help Good luck all!
Rejewal is offline Female
Closed