Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2008, 08:38 AM   #1
Webkinz :)
Prncess217 is on a distinguished road

Default Spam?

I don't understand. What exactly is spam? I hear so many things being considered spam that now I'm confused. I want to know exactly what spam is so I don't do it. I've heard that posting random things that don't have anything to do with the topic is spam. I've also heard that when someone asks a question and you say "i don't know" that you're spamming. I've know read that random polls are spam. It seems like everywhere I go, people are being accused of spamming (and sometimes I can't figure out why!). So, could someone please clarify? You know, give me a clear definition on what is considered spam and what isn't?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2008, 08:45 AM   #2

Default Re: Spam?

HHHHHiiiiiiiiiiiiii evvveeryyyyoneeeeee

typing something like this in a random thread:

visit my help thread
visit my help thread
visit my help thread

Hi everyone!

posting this in your own thread or the DCT:

Hi everyone! Visit my help thread!
Old 02-02-2008, 08:54 AM   #3
cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!

This is a Spam Post.

1. I like Pie
2. hsjhgfsjdflka
4. Hey! Sup people!
5. Visit this thread
6. ewwwwwwwww

Another Spam Post, for example you are on a Thread titled...Do you like the Jonas Brothers? And you say...

2. I like Kelly Clarkson
3. HELLO!!!

Things like that.

cookiemonster96 is offline Female
Old 02-02-2008, 08:55 AM   #4
I ♥ WI

Spam is when you talk NOTHING about the topic, for example:

Or if you are repeating soemthing:

Old 02-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #5

Spam is when your random and not on topic. Like, if its a name thread and you go on and say
"Come to my help thread pllllzzzz!"
Thats spam.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:46 PM   #6

This is spam

I like pie!
Come to my GE!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 12:48 PM   #7

When I first started WI I didn't know what spam was considered, also.
Here are some spam I see:

If you were on a thread about Kittens and you've seen a post saying,
"I have a brother." That would be spamming!

Electronic junk mail or junk newsgroup postings. Some people define [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]spam[/COLOR][/COLOR] even more generally as any unsolicited e-mail. However, if a long-lost brother finds your e-mail address and sends you a message, this could hardly be called spam, even though it's unsolicited. Real spam is generally e-mail advertising for some product sent to a mailing list or newsgroup. In addition to wasting people's time with unwanted e-mail, spam also eats up a lot of [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]network[/COLOR][/COLOR] bandwidth. Consequently, there are many organizations, as well as individuals, who have taken it upon themselves to fight spam with a variety of techniques. But because the Internet is public, there is really little that can be done to prevent spam, just as it is impossible to prevent junk mail. However, some online services have instituted policies to prevent spammers from spamming their subscribers.
There is some debate about the source of the term, but the generally accepted version is that it comes from the Monty Python song, "Spam spam spam spam, spam spam spam spam, lovely spam, wonderful spam…" Like the song, spam is an endless repetition of worthless text. Another school of thought maintains that it comes from the [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]computer[/COLOR][/COLOR] group lab at the University of Southern California who gave it the name because it has many of the same characteristics as the lunchmeat Spam:
  • Nobody wants it or ever asks for it.
  • No one ever eats it; it is the first item to be pushed to the side when eating the entree.
  • Sometimes it is actually tasty, like 1% of junk mail that is really useful to some people.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:52 PM   #8
TreeHugger2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont do spam but then again i sometimes do this:
but i only do it on chat is that still spam??
Old 02-02-2008, 03:50 PM   #9
I'm like totally..
sky123 is just really nicesky123 is just really nice

this is a spam:
hi, I love webkinz
Old 02-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #10
Feed me Seymour
Gift Guru
gnomie13035 will become famous soon enough

Spam is