Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 07:38 PM   #21
WhiteTerrierFan

Default Re: Spam~ What Is It Really?

View Post Originally Posted by FunnyBunny
So, If you write something that doesn't fit in the topic, you'll get banned? Sorry, I'm confused.
You could get banned if you do it repeatedly. You should always try to post meaningful posts about the topic on the thread you post on. Remember not to post things that have no meaning to the topic like let's say you were on a thread about the minty reindeer, you wouldn't post something like, "monkeys can fly," on that thread, because it doesn't go with the topic. You also shouldn't post random letters and stuff like "ihodfihddif" or "!?!?!?!."
Just try to stick with the topic on threads and make nice posts to prevent spam. (:
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2009, 08:02 PM   #22
Gift Guru

MsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicness
MsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

O.K. Thank you. I learn something new every day.

---------- MsHoliday added 1 Minutes and 51 Seconds later ----------

Is that what you mean. I can't say O.K.

Last edited by MsHoliday; 01-02-2009 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
MsHoliday is offline Female
Old 01-02-2009, 08:10 PM   #23
Do you like cake?
Webkinz :)

rachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by tyler195
I saw one thread that said "What is spam..." later in the thread someone said "I dont know" LOL THAT IS SPAM!!! Thanks for that reminder!!!
Really? Sometimes if someone asks a ?, sometimes I don't know and say "Sorry, I don't know." Is that spam? I don't get it.
rachel21 is offline Female
Old 01-02-2009, 08:14 PM   #24
jjjuuullliiiaaa

FunnyBunny is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by rachel21
Really? Sometimes if someone asks a ?, sometimes I don't know and say "Sorry, I don't know." Is that spam? I don't get it.
I think so. You're supposed to prevent that from happening.
FunnyBunny is offline Female
Old 01-03-2009, 02:08 AM   #25
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru

Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz_lover_
Would writing things that don`t relate to the topic count?

Like if someone posted what their favourite ornament on thier Christmas Tree looks like in Book Club.
Yes, that would be considered spam. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic at hand....it's a post that shouldn't be there.

View Post Originally Posted by rachel21
That's considered spam. The reason why is, it's an unnecessary post. For example, when someone asks for help, they want just that, help. Saying "Sorry, I don't know" does not help them in any way. The person that started that thread might not care whether or not the "Sorry I don't know" poster doesn't know...(wow, that was a confusing sentence..lol)

Basically, if your post wouldn't be helpful in threads like that, (by saying "I don't know" or "Don't know the answer" or even being more polite about it and saying "Sorry, I don't know") it doesn't belong there.

Your question raises another question about stuff I have seen in threads like what you are talking about, though. (You are a good discussion starter! )

Question:
When people get their question answered, and then 10 people come behind that last post and give the answer when it's already been given (sometimes even a day or two later! all you have to do is look through the thread for the first post that answered the question)...is that considered Spam? I see a LOT of that, and I mean a LOT...sometimes people will give the exact answer 4-5 people before them have already given, too. I would say yes, because it's an unnessary post. What does everyone else think?
Polarity is offline Female
Old 01-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #26

cookiecrumbs101 has disabled reputation

i would say yes that is spam, it wouldnt be though if like, within a few minutes they posted the same answer, bc the first one to answer's answer might not have been posted when the other posters went to that thread to post a reasonable answer.

THAT WAS A CONFUZING SENTENCE!
cookiecrumbs101 is offline Female
Old 01-04-2009, 01:50 AM   #27
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru

Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by cookiecrumbs101
i would say yes that is spam, it wouldnt be though if like, within a few minutes they posted the same answer, bc the first one to answer's answer might not have been posted when the other posters went to that thread to post a reasonable answer.

THAT WAS A CONFUZING SENTENCE!
And yet I understood exactly what you said....LOL!!!
I have seen that happen, too. You can always tell when that happens. As a matter of fact, I was just at a thread like that before this one. I know sometimes it takes me forever to either answer or post. Can't imagine why.... but sometimes it does. I have seen my post end up being the 7th or so post when I was going to answer right after the person, but a lot of people were able to post before me. lol
Polarity is offline Female
Old 01-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #28

monkeysgirl can ride a flying orange
monkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orange

and alot of webkinz smiles is also spam
monkeysgirl is offline Female
Old 01-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #29
lucky3900
Gifted

lucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud of

Great job with this thread! Thanks for posting it.
lucky3900 is offline Female
Old 01-06-2009, 08:21 PM   #30

miss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guide

Yup backflip
ya got it right there.
I really don't spam
and never did.
miss sherbert is offline Female
Closed

Tags
shadow4115 loves webbies