Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2008, 11:45 PM   #1
Gift Guru
tee1000 is a name known to alltee1000 is a name known to alltee1000 is a name known to all

Default Sound for Windows XP-Site for download?

Yea i need a link to where i can download sound onto my windows xp computer. we restarted it about a month ago, and all that time we've been without sound. please only put links that youve used, and worked(gave you your sound)

thanks! tee.
tee1000 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2008, 11:58 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

pradafan1 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Sound for Windows XP-Site for download?

What computer do you have?
Old 03-21-2008, 11:59 PM   #3
Gift Guru
tee1000 is a name known to alltee1000 is a name known to alltee1000 is a name known to all

um... xp? the actual comp. type is... compaq, and it says presario on it...?
Old 03-22-2008, 12:03 AM   #4

ok, just checking, because I had a newer Acer and after I downgraded from Vista to XP, I had no sound. I figured it was a Windows problem, and found all these great 'solutions' online, after trying a few, all I had was more problems, then I found the real solution, but I had too many conflicting drivers, and I couldnt get sound no matter what I did. So A quick Windows re-install, and then using the proper files right away, got everything going.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:08 AM   #5
Gift Guru

oh... well we have this disc. but the sound part doesnt install right... ill have to ask my dad tomorrow...???
Old 03-22-2008, 12:17 AM   #6

Well anyways, sounds like you probably just need some drivers. So find out the model # of your computer, it will be something like 'Compaq Presario c700', 'Compaq Presario 5020', or something like that. And then basically all you need is a driver for the sound card.
Do a google search like this
["Compaq Presario 5250" "Windows XP" audio driver]

Of course, substitute the model number for whatever yours is. This should be a good start, but its always best to figure out what caused the problem in the first place. And try the simple stuff first, like are the speakers plugged into the proper audio jack? Is audio enabled in the control panel? Have you tried headphones? If those work, then its something else. Has WinXP been installed as a new OS either over Win98 or WinVista?
Old 03-22-2008, 12:23 AM   #7
Gift Guru

well we have a laptop, so we cant exactly plug speakers in them. i tried the headphones, but didnt work... ill try the other idea.
Closed