Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #11
TWLOHA<3
Webkinz :)

Issa is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Sorry, I don't like it.?

Soemtimes... if I don't like it I just vote and don't even leave a message.
And if I do I try to tell them how they could improve it.
But, I do say sorry, I mean seriously, It's simpley manners.
Issa is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #12

Gabz is the bees knees!Gabz is the bees knees!Gabz is the bees knees!Gabz is the bees knees!Gabz is the bees knees!Gabz is the bees knees!Gabz is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by bekah_rose
Just because it is polite to do.
And it doesn't sound quite so rude.
:]
View Post Originally Posted by badena2
Like bekah_rose said, it doesn't sound rude. It makes the person have manners, saying, 'Sorry, I don't quite have the same tastes as you.'

'Sorry,' is a powerful word, and doesn't always have to be for apologizing, but for basic politeness.
View Post Originally Posted by bekah_rose
Well, that's the answer to your question. Some people just like to be extra polite as not to offend anyone. That doesn't mean they are sorry for their opinion. Just being polite, which everyone should be.

EDIT: If they want to be polite, let them. :]
View Post Originally Posted by gripperluverxxoo
I agree, but it just sounds nicer. (:
View Post Originally Posted by smvmonkey
Like others have said, I say Sorry just to be more polite.
But you do have a point, no one should apologize for stating their opinion nicely.
But, I say it just to be nice about it.
View Post Originally Posted by Issa
Soemtimes... if I don't like it I just vote and don't even leave a message.
And if I do I try to tell them how they could improve it.
But, I do say sorry, I mean seriously, It's simpley manners.
I agree with all of you.
Gabz is offline Female
Old 08-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #13
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

xD I'm not really sure where my opinion lies ... you shouldn't have to apologize, of course not. Like bekah said, it just sounds more polite, but they shouldn't mind either way.
LOL, I like your attitude, but some people on here can be kind of sensitive ... never know how they'll feel.
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 08-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #14
Rage&Love
Gifted

arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!
arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz_girlyx0
Hi. What I've been seeing a lot is like..on those polls where people say "Do you like this outfit/shoes/backpack/profile/siggy/avvie/whatever?" A lot of the people who vote "No" post saying "sorry, i don't like it." why should you be sorry? I alway just say "I don't like it." The person shouldn't be offended by people not having the same taste as them. I don't get why some people are sorry for having their own opinions.
im gonna be frank

cause some people post threads that say that you should agree with the person so you dot hurt their feelings

People say its rude to disagree, so they are trying not to get yelled at. im tired of it, but some people agree
arodfan727 is offline Female
Old 08-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #15
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

I would just say sorry so I dont come off as rude . But I would give my honest opinion to the poll or question !! I would say sorry because it sounds nicer & I wouldnt want to hurt someone's feelings . But we are all entitled to our own thoughts & opinions & we should not feel sorry for expressing them esecially when we are asked too !! Sometimes I come off as rude & I wouldnt want to offend anybody !! Thanks , Have a great day !!
mom w charm is offline Female
Old 08-10-2009, 01:49 PM   #16
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru

Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

I think it has to do with how you can take things typed over the internet differently than you can take in person. Saying "I don't like it" sounds more harsh online than "Sorry, but it's not my taste" or something like that. It would be different in person because then you have facial expressions and all that to interpret as well.

My opinion is, if you are unsure how someone's going to take it, then just don't post at all. Sometimes I totally disagree with someone's thread and I don't even bother posting. Why even come close to hurting someone's feelings? As far as the polls go, I'll try to find something about it I like and comment on that instead after I tell them something like "That wouldn't look good on me" or something like that. Something that would let them know what I thought, but in the most polite way I can phrase it.
Polarity is offline Female
Old 08-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #17
Gift Guru

tkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clown

Alright what if they've worked really hard on an outfit and you'd LOVE to be able to say you like it but you just can't quite manage to like it. Sure, you don't like it, but you want to adknowledge that they've put a lot of effort into it. That's when you say "sorry but I just don't like it."

If you care enough to open the thread, vote, and post, then you might care enough to add a 'sorry, but', and maybe even a little advice (eg, 'get rid of the blinking tennis shoes and it might work.')
tkprit is offline Female
Old 08-10-2009, 01:57 PM   #18
Gifted

MegMeg is a creator of wonder
MegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonder

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there are some emotionally fragile or just plain sensitive people who be very upset about the comment; so I guess most people just try to play it safe by saying "sorry" or "no offense" or anything else similar.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #19
i don't like

webkinzluver198 will become famous soon enough

Well, if it was me, I just wouldn't post. But like the others "Sorry" would be nicer to say. :]
webkinzluver198 is offline Female
Old 08-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #20
Banned
FireFlyz is a name known to allFireFlyz is a name known to allFireFlyz is a name known to all

I don't do the polls much, but I agree with you on this but disagree, as well.

You just say a simple, "I don't like it." But, others like to include their manners, and add a 'sorry' to it. Try and think of it like this-

Everyone's different, right? So, if you just met a person, and they said something to you, let's say, "Look at this shirt I picked out! Do you like it?"
And you just say no. It's someone you have never met before, so you have no idea how they're going to react to what you just said. They may take it as that you hate their taste and the clothing they wear. So, same with WI. There are people we don't know and we are never sure to how they'll handle a situation like this. At least try and include your manners, possibly.

But, I also see where you're getting at and I agree that people should not be sorry for expressing their oppinions but perhaps they could show them in a more polite way!
FireFlyz is offline Female
Closed