Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
Gifted

QueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of glory
QueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of glory

Default Something on WI that bothers me a little ...

So ... not sure how to start LOL, but anyway, I've come across a problem that is rather annoying to me.

There have been some WNTMs and NTGMs in the past that I've participated in that were cancelled by the contest host, due to busy schedules, school, etc. I understand life gets in the way sometimes, but it is rather disappointing when a host just ends the contest without naming a winner. I'm a little surprised that this is allowed ... after all, the users who put their time and effort into the contest pretty much just wasted their time if the contest just gets randomly cancelled. I think perhaps something should be done about these, I'm just not sure what --- make it a rule in the Members - Food section? I looked at the rules posted there, and there's nothing about the obligation to follow through with your contest if you are a host.

Have any of you guys been in one of these randomly-cancelled contests? What do you guys think about the matter?

QueenVet is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
Gifted

kpk4803 is an abundance of joykpk4803 is an abundance of joykpk4803 is an abundance of joy
kpk4803 is an abundance of joykpk4803 is an abundance of joykpk4803 is an abundance of joykpk4803 is an abundance of joykpk4803 is an abundance of joy

Default Re: Something on WI that bothers me a little ...

they should just find another host tbh
plus if they know they're not gonna have time for it they really shouldn't start it
Old 02-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
Webkinz :)
BeachGirl101 has disabled reputation

yes, i know what you mean!
that's the reason i quit WNTM'ing ... i spent a whole day working on a WNTM assignment (when i should've been studying) but by the time i posted it, i found out that the person in the charge on the WNTM cancelled the contest because he was quitting the website ... although he came back a month later.
i failed the test the next day, & then i promised to myself that i wouldn't enter any more WNTM's during the school year.
that was in september, but it still bothers me.
i'm glad SOMEBODY understands ... usually when i tell other people about this, they get defensive & say: "it's not their fault! they're busy!" ... well, they could check their schedule & decide the right time to host a contest before making a person do lots of hard work for nothing! D:
there's really nothing you can do about it, though.
but thanks for posting this thread. c:
Old 02-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #4

hugged has disabled reputation

I entered a NTGM once and the creator cancelled it like a week later.
Needless to say, I never entered one again.

I think if the host cancels just a bit after it begins, then nothing needs to be done.
However, if it's been going on for awhile and THEN they cancel, there's an issue.
That's just rude.

And they need not even cancel it; they could postpone it.

Point is, I agree with somewhat.
Maybe a rule clarifying cancellations of contests should be made.
hugged is offline Female
Old 02-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #5
I have a Record!
Gifted

webkinzgangz knows no boundswebkinzgangz knows no bounds
webkinzgangz knows no boundswebkinzgangz knows no boundswebkinzgangz knows no boundswebkinzgangz knows no boundswebkinzgangz knows no boundswebkinzgangz knows no bounds

Yep! It seems to happen to me all the time. It is quite disappointing, especially since I can't show my pet's true potential until I win or am eliminated.
webkinzgangz is offline Female
Old 02-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
MC Addict

amana22 is an unparalleled talent
amana22 is an unparalleled talentamana22 is an unparalleled talentamana22 is an unparalleled talentamana22 is an unparalleled talentamana22 is an unparalleled talentamana22 is an unparalleled talentamana22 is an unparalleled talentamana22 is an unparalleled talentamana22 is an unparalleled talentamana22 is an unparalleled talentamana22 is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by kpk4803
they should just find another host tbh
plus if they know they're not gonna have time for it they really shouldn't start it
amana22 is offline Female
Old 02-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #7

Nostalgia has rep to infinity and beyond!Nostalgia has rep to infinity and beyond!Nostalgia has rep to infinity and beyond!
Nostalgia has rep to infinity and beyond!Nostalgia has rep to infinity and beyond!Nostalgia has rep to infinity and beyond!Nostalgia has rep to infinity and beyond!Nostalgia has rep to infinity and beyond!Nostalgia has rep to infinity and beyond!Nostalgia has rep to infinity and beyond!

Yeah I noticed that.
I had and friend and she was in a couple of contests that just ended; like no explanation or anything, everyone just slowly stopped participating. Others were just canceled because the owner stopped putting up new rounds.
I don't really think there's much you can do to avoid this though.
Nostalgia is offline Female
Old 02-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
Gifted

QueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of glory
QueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of gloryQueenVet is on the edge of glory

View Post Originally Posted by Nostalgia
Yeah I noticed that.
I had and friend and she was in a couple of contests that just ended; like no explanation or anything, everyone just slowly stopped participating. Others were just canceled because the owner stopped putting up new rounds.
I don't really think there's much you can do to avoid this though.
That's true. The mods would have to get involved and make sure each contest has been completed, and with all the WNTMs and NTGMs out there, I'm not sure that would end up working. Or maybe the contest-hosts would have to be approved by the mods kinda like in the Contests & Prizes Galore section, but still, it's up to the host to follow through or find a new host to take over for them.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #9
luv2writeNS has disabled reputation

We have to remember life happens, too. WNTMs can span over months, and a lot of things can happen in that amount of time. When I opened the last season of my WNTM, I had absolutely nothing to do. Months later a lot of stress due to personal issues and health issues rose, and I had to close my WNTM due to those. Hosts don't cancel due to laziness for the most part, they most likely have legitimate issues. In fact some cancellations are done for the contestants, so they don't waste time and effort on a WNTM the host has to rush and cut corners to run.

If we make a rule that you have to continue your contest despite any real life circumstances that might prevent you, then almost nobody would or could run one. If we made a rule that only certain circumstances count towards cancelling your contest, (which seems pretty extreme) there is no way to verify if the person's story is true or not.

Plus, people drop out of WNTMs all the time. If hosts put a ton of hard work into a thread and nobody posts, the feeling is exactly the same. Though frustrating on both sides, it's the risk you take with WNTMs. Just my thoughts. c:

Last edited by luv2writeNS; 02-08-2013 at 04:35 PM..
Old 02-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #10
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by luv2writeNS
We have to remember life happens, too. WNTMs can span over months, and a lot of things can happen in that amount of time. When I opened the last season of my WNTM, I had absolutely nothing to do. Months later a lot of stress due to personal issues and health issues rose, and I had to close my WNTM due to those. Hosts don't cancel due to laziness for the most part, they most likely have legitimate issues. In fact some cancellations are done for the contestants, so they don't waste time and effort on a WNTM the host has to rush and cut corners to run.

If we make a rule that you have to continue your contest despite any real life circumstances that might prevent you, then almost nobody would or could run one. If we made a rule that only certain circumstances count towards cancelling your contest, (which seems pretty extreme) there is no way to verify if the person's story is true or not.

Plus, people drop out of WNTMs all the time. If hosts put a ton of hard work into a thread and nobody posts, the feeling is exactly the same. Though frustrating on both sides, it's the risk you take with WNTMs. Just my thoughts. c:
Thank you for your input, your opinion is appreciated! I see your point there.
Closed

Tags
doktah who, googles always prevail, the hulk smashed here, think outside the [box], vanilla chai♥