Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #21
Gifted

fuzzysocks has a reputation beyond reputefuzzysocks has a reputation beyond reputefuzzysocks has a reputation beyond reputefuzzysocks has a reputation beyond reputefuzzysocks has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Something I've noticed in the support board

Ave, great thread yet again! I was actually thinking this last night, I couldn't agree more with you. Keep up the great work.

There's not really any need of being told the same thing about 10 different times. I could understand if someone has something to add, or something that they think is different, but not just answering the same question to get rep or your post count up.

Last edited by fuzzysocks; 06-22-2009 at 02:32 PM..
fuzzysocks is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2009, 01:50 PM   #22
WhiteTerrierFan

I've noticed that too. I don't know who they think it's helping? I mean, the person doesn't need to be told twice, by then they've probably already seen the answer. Are they doing this because they think they'll be rewarded for it? Or maybe they are just too lazy to read and see that other people have already said the same thing? I couldn't agree more with you. Once a questions has been answered, nobody needs to go back and keep repeating the same thing.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #23
~{Midnight.Train}~
Webkinz :)

Lolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clown

That bothers me too, well sometimes. Sometimes it's OK if one person says "I think it's this" or something, then it's good to have a couple of others reassure you. But if it's a link, like in the example, then yes, it is rather annoying.
Lolo12 is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 02:26 PM   #24
Gifted

pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!

Hi Ave I TOO have "noticed" some people just posting BUNCHES of "empty" responses...I find it a bit unnerving.

I liken it to having a book filled with blank pages. Sure-it has a cover and all, but, outside of that...nothing..I personally, love a book FILLED with interesting pages-makes for a better story!

Same thing with reading others posts...I enjoy reading ones that have some form of "CONTENT" written in them. Those are the ones that I save my reps for....I don't waste those on the empty, run of the mill replys that are just trying to get their posts padded up!

OH, AND, BTW-Reps to YOU for this CONTENT filled thread! I enjoyed reading it
Old 06-22-2009, 02:52 PM   #25
Gifted

mcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clown

Urgh this annoys me also! If you see a perfectly good answer, then skip over that thread. Don't go back & write the same thing, but just change up the word choice. That person doesn't need 5 million of the same answers.

Great thread, Ave.
mcgymnast9 is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 02:58 PM   #26
Slytherin for this

Baby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 

I don't mind I mean sometimes you don't read the other peoples posts and just answer it. That's what I do a lot of the time. I just give the answer I know.
Baby252 is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 03:23 PM   #27
Gifted

pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Baby252
I don't mind I mean sometimes you don't read the other peoples posts and just answer it. That's what I do a lot of the time. I just give the answer I know.
Baby, you answer EVERYBODY!!- in a good way! No, this is not about you! Its about others that are just posting plain ole the same replys and answers-nothing original. YOU actually DO help people!
Old 06-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #28
Slytherin for this

Baby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by pfeagans01
Baby, you answer EVERYBODY!!- in a good way! No, this is not about you! Its about others that are just posting plain ole the same replys and answers-nothing original. YOU actually DO help people!
Awww thank you! Yeah, I don't like it when you tell someone copied someone else's post and just changes one thing. I can see someone having a simular post every now and then but every time does get annoying.
Baby252 is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 03:47 PM   #29
Banned
nemo434 is the cats pajamas!nemo434 is the cats pajamas!nemo434 is the cats pajamas!nemo434 is the cats pajamas!nemo434 is the cats pajamas!nemo434 is the cats pajamas!

Just in the past few days I've seen a couple of posts that had this same problem... someone asks a question and then there are four or five replies over the next several hours (or days even!) that all say the exact same thing! And none of them acknowledge the posts that were made before them! There were even a couple of threads where the original poster had re-posted something along the lines of "Thanks for the answers! Problem solved!" and people still kept posting the same answer after that! ! It is a little bit annoying. However, I really don't think anybody does it for nefarious reasons. I think it's just a case of not reading past the first post, I know I've almost been guilty of doing that myself because I've been so caught up in the excitement of actually knowing the answer to someone's problem! (That doesn't happen too often )

If one person has answered already, especially if it's an "I think this is the answer" kind of post, I will say something like "Yep. Joe Bob's exactly right! Do what he said!" because like others before me have said, it's always nice to have a second opinion!
Old 06-22-2009, 05:57 PM   #30
i think imma

clublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond repute

I've noticed that to. When I go to view a thread in the help section, and someone answered the question already, I just say, "There you go! *Insert Username Here* covered that!", or something like that. No need to post again! Great thread, Ave!
clublab30 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
cheese!, hailee, random to the extreme