Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 06:46 AM   #11
Anti Twilight.
Webkinz :)

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Something I've noticed in the support board

View Post Originally Posted by Ave
There's something that's been happening in the Somebody Help board that bugs me a bit, and it may irk other people as well.

When someone posts a thread, let's say, asking for a link to some place, and a member posts, giving the link to the person who asks the question. Then, a few hours later, another member comes along and posts the same thing- a little different, but pretty much just "Here's the link! (link would go here).

What's annoying me is when people post a perfectly good answer to a question, and then other members come along way after and post nearly the same thing. When the question is answered, it is answered. Sometimes, the thread owner hasn't been on in a few hours, so they can't mark the thread as answered, but that doesn't mean the answer hasn't already been given.

I understand when you have something to add to another member's answer, but when you just post the same thing or close to the same thing, it just takes up space and gets annoying. I know that at times, you can be typing a post while another member replies, and you don't know they replied, so you post the message. However, when it's been hours since someone has already answered the question, it's unreasonable to post the same thing.

(If I'm confusing anyone just drop me a PM to ask what the heck I'm talking about... I tend to be a bit puzzling at times. )

Agree? Disagree? Kinda, maybe, so and so?

Share.
Rep if I can give you any! I agree! Doing that is just like taking copying someone's project. What I'm trying to say is,doing that is just simply changing the words of the first post. Great thread!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2009, 06:47 AM   #12
shelyn72
Gifted

shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

Personally, I think this is usually done by people trying to get their post count up, fishing for rep, or users who need their 50 good posts to qualify for the Gift Trainee program. It is rather annoying and the excuse that they don't realize the thread has been answered isn't valid. Usually the question has been answered in the first couple of posts and you have to scroll past those just to get to the box to reply, so they can read the other posts on the way.
shell4 is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 06:55 AM   #13
a wee bit
Gifted

kigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledge

I think many people just get excited that they know the answer to another member's question. They post their reply quickly to be helpful, and then read through the other posts. One of the best things about WI is getting answers to your questions, and I think the more help, the better! I don't think anyone (or at least very few of us) has malicious intent when this happens, so although mildly annoying, we want helpful members!

I love the new feature that says whether or not a question has been answered. If I see a question has been answered, I just check to see if there is anything that can be added to the information already given.
kigz is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 06:56 AM   #14
Gifted

xoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clown

hey ave!
I have noticed the same thing. I think its pretty much just to get post count, or maybe rep. I think the person should at least give a bit of credit to the first answer. But there is no need to post, unless you have something totally diffrent, because the thread is pretty much answered. Thank you so much for posting this thread!
-Claire :]
xoxoilyalyssa is offline Male
Old 06-22-2009, 07:02 AM   #15
Thrilled to be a
Gift Guru

Meow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socks

I couldn't agree more. I also find it rude to the first person who answered the question. It is not too much to skim over the posts that are already there and see if it has been answered. If you have something different to add that is fine but otherwise I agree it is just to get their post count up or fish for rep (ugh to both).

No matter what post it is if someone has already done a good job of explaining or answering everything then I don't post. There is really no point unless I have something different or new to add.

Thanks for bringing this up!
Meow Face is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 07:19 AM   #16
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Considering the fact that we have 100,000+ Contributors in this forum, the information CAN and does get buried. Newer posters not familiar with how the forum works tend to jump in and ask a question that has often been answered long ago (Many, like How do I get gifted? What are Giftz? etc.) To know that we have SO many people willing to contribute to a newcomer's skills and re-inforce their own, solidifies my reason for being in this forum. Everyone is willing to help.
Sometimes the answers are varied to some degree, sometimes there is more information in one post than another. Sometimes it is handier to have the information right there where a person needs it, instead of in a link. I am not opposed to multiple and various answers to a query because then I can extract what I need. I have been on this forum for almost two years, now and I have learned a lot and am STILL learning. People find things out by trial and error, knowledge passed down and sometimes it just isn't covered in the links.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 07:26 AM   #17
(┓^ω^)┛))ヨイサヨイサ♪

MissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellence
MissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellence

Very true Ave. It's really irksome when people do this. But what if they wanted to add a little something extra? Or the post above them posted at the same exact minute then that? Great thread, anyway. I don't like when people post the same thing over & over.
MissSparkle is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 07:30 AM   #18
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

I would also bet that sometimes the "repeat" poster doesn't read the other answers, they are just replying to the question asked...

Sometimes MORE answers should be posted because a lot people post WRONG answers..... So those extra answers can be used to verify or correct what someone else posted.
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 09:19 AM   #19
I Love My

Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!

I totally agree, that is such a great idea.
I think that would make me less confused
sometimes.

- Midnights Bliss
Midnights Bliss is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 10:59 AM   #20
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

Ave, you've done it again.
Wow. This is something big and it's why I don't post in that section anymore. It's like... they've GOT it, the same link won't help any more. I think they just want some rep points. And that is so sad. If you want them, earn them RIGHT.

*claps for Ave and gives rep and wi$*
icecube730 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
cheese!, hailee, random to the extreme