Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 01:14 AM   #1
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 
Default Something I've noticed in the support board

There's something that's been happening in the Somebody Help board that bugs me a bit, and it may irk other people as well.

When someone posts a thread, let's say, asking for a link to some place, and a member posts, giving the link to the person who asks the question. Then, a few hours later, another member comes along and posts the same thing- a little different, but pretty much just "Here's the link! (link would go here).

What's annoying me is when people post a perfectly good answer to a question, and then other members come along way after and post nearly the same thing. When the question is answered, it is answered. Sometimes, the thread owner hasn't been on in a few hours, so they can't mark the thread as answered, but that doesn't mean the answer hasn't already been given.

I understand when you have something to add to another member's answer, but when you just post the same thing or close to the same thing, it just takes up space and gets annoying. I know that at times, you can be typing a post while another member replies, and you don't know they replied, so you post the message. However, when it's been hours since someone has already answered the question, it's unreasonable to post the same thing.

(If I'm confusing anyone just drop me a PM to ask what the heck I'm talking about... I tend to be a bit puzzling at times. )

Agree? Disagree? Kinda, maybe, so and so?

Share.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2009, 01:35 AM   #2
I'm a Shabby Chic
Webkinz :)

peggios knows the way
peggios knows the waypeggios knows the waypeggios knows the waypeggios knows the way

Default Re: Something I've noticed in the support board

I have noticed the same thing. I suppose some people do it just to get their post count up. The other thing I have noticed is that lost of people DO NOT CLOSE their thread once the anser IS GIVEN> I get on and see someone needs help and go to help them and it's already done but the thread is still unanswered!!! To me, that is frustrating because I waste the time of going on that thread and reading the answers just to find out it was answered a few days before. I know it is something new, but it is not that hard to remember to click on best answer and close the thread!!!
peggios is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 02:06 AM   #3
Call me Karen

webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!

I realized that, I also realized that people don't even read before they post, or just read the page and don't go to the end to see if it has been answered and people are like. I didn't ask for that.
webkinzlover218 is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 02:26 AM   #4
Jacob thinks I'm
Gifted

Maggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I 100% agree with you! I made a thread similar to this a while ago, but I've been seeing it happen again more often recently. Whether it's people fishing for reps, not reading, or not caring, it's annoying! I completely understand posting if you feel that someone else's answer was unclear or incomplete, but to repost the same answer? It's rude to the first person who answered, and shows a lack of respect in my opinion. Great thread!
Maggie Mae is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 02:35 AM   #5
Revive our hearts
Gift Guru

IzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clown

I totally agree! It is annoying! I usually don't go into the threads where someone has a question if I see that there have been more than 3 or 4 replies (unless it is a question-turn-discussion thread), just because I know someone probably has already answered the question!

Thanks Ave for bringing this subject up
IzHannah is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 02:40 AM   #6
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by peggios
I have noticed the same thing. I suppose some people do it just to get their post count up. The other thing I have noticed is that lost of people DO NOT CLOSE their thread once the anser IS GIVEN> I get on and see someone needs help and go to help them and it's already done but the thread is still unanswered!!! To me, that is frustrating because I waste the time of going on that thread and reading the answers just to find out it was answered a few days before. I know it is something new, but it is not that hard to remember to click on best answer and close the thread!!!
CAN YOU tell me how i would close my own thread............... i thought only a mod can do this.
also, how do i make a thread "answered' as opposed to 'unanswered'? perhaps a lot of people may be like me and dont know how to do it, or even that they should do it./..............

thanks for any answers to the questions!!!!!!!!!!!!
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 02:52 AM   #7
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by BASMAT
CAN YOU tell me how i would close my own thread............... i thought only a mod can do this.
also, how do i make a thread "answered' as opposed to 'unanswered'? perhaps a lot of people may be like me and dont know how to do it, or even that they should do it./..............

thanks for any answers to the questions!!!!!!!!!!!!
You might not be able to close your own threads in other forums, but you can close your thread in the Somebody Help (the one with the red "unanswered" in the titles.)

At the top of that forum there are blue stickied threads. One of them contains detailed instructions by Justin on how to operate the "unanswered/answered" feature.

Here's the link to it: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/.../#post14532063
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 03:14 AM   #8
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

thank you web!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 03:17 AM   #9
hat?! Im a
Gift Guru

ilikecoke111 flows towards the sea of knowledgeilikecoke111 flows towards the sea of knowledgeilikecoke111 flows towards the sea of knowledgeilikecoke111 flows towards the sea of knowledgeilikecoke111 flows towards the sea of knowledgeilikecoke111 flows towards the sea of knowledgeilikecoke111 flows towards the sea of knowledgeilikecoke111 flows towards the sea of knowledge

It bugs me a little though I try to ignore it!
ilikecoke111 is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 04:59 AM   #10
I Forever Winter

Butterflies has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

Oh! I am so glad that you said this! Over and over, you see the exact same answer on a particular thread .. I, for one, consider this a fluff post.. if it's already been said, the answer given .. .. that's it... done.. the end! .. I hope those who do this also read this thread.

Thank you, Ave ...
Butterflies is offline Female
Closed

Tags
cheese!, hailee, random to the extreme