Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
King Hoopla

Exclamation Something I've noticed.......

As everyone knows, WI has a bunch of sensors to make sure no one posts anything inappropriate, like bad words, or bad websites. But lately I've noticed that some members are getting around these sensors to post it. I've seen people use a few spaces or periods in between these letters, and that's NOT good! These words/websites have been blocked for a reason, and yet some people try to post it anyway! So please, if a word or website is blocked, don't find a way around the block.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
montanarose9

Default Re: Something I've noticed.......

That's very true.

But what if you want to say "I'm suc.king on a lollipop!" that's not bad, isn't it?

But sometimes they do this: "My life su.cks." that NOT okay at all.

(Yeah...so I used it...but for an example. xD)
Old 02-24-2009, 08:00 PM   #3
King Hoopla

What, has no one else noticed this?
Old 02-24-2009, 09:12 PM   #4
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Yes, I have noticed people putting spaces or a "3" instead of an "e"...

Thanks for bringing this up
Old 02-24-2009, 09:21 PM   #5
Gifted

Emloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonder

Yup i have noticed this as well. rep to you for pointing this out!
Emloveswebkins is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 09:21 PM   #6
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

I have not seen any of this, but then there is no way you can read every post, however if it is inappropriate flag the post and the staff will take it from there.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:28 PM   #7
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by King Hoopla
What, has no one else noticed this?
ARE you kidding me? Has anyone else noticed
YES, I have noticed this. It is AGAINST the rules! It is called 'Circumventing the Censors' and it is clearly a flagrant disregard for the RULES put in place to protect us and our computers from any bad sites or potentially dangerous material that could be 'deposited' into our computers.
When a person puts spaces in between letters so that everyone can FIND these sites that are blocked for our security, they jeopardize, not only the integrity of the site and Founders, but also their own computers.
The reason a LOT of these sites are blocked is because they have a BAD habit of reporting information that has not been verified has been'lifted' or stolen from Ganz' system, or OUTRIGHT stolen pictures from Ganz. OR in the case of places like youtube, they LEAD to other potentially dangerous sites that don't care about the content that anyone views.
It is too much for the Moderators to police so we are to police our OWN actions and be responsible to others, here.
IF you see this type of activity PLEASE FLAG it and have a moderator take care of it.
Thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention, Hoopla Glad to see someone is concerned for our safety
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 09:30 PM   #8
biggreenmonster518
Gifted

prettyirishgirl has much to be proud ofprettyirishgirl has much to be proud ofprettyirishgirl has much to be proud ofprettyirishgirl has much to be proud ofprettyirishgirl has much to be proud of

I haven't personally see it but the blockers and the care that this site puts into protecting it's users is one of the reasons i was attracted to it. I am happy to see a post about this if people are trying to abuse he site and find a way around the rules. Personally I also find this very helpful when typing myself. Not that I don't behave but I like that I cant say it and have to consciously realize not to say anything remotely bad or that can be seen as such. It creates a much nicer open and friendly environment for all who are involved.
prettyirishgirl is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 09:30 PM   #9
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I agree!

They don't put those there for no reason! These are a few examples:

(using word frog)

fr.og
fr/og
fr0g
f r o g
fr og

And stuff like that. This will not get your point around. The only point this will prove is that you may be banned soon. Just don't post stuff like this, there are kids at the ages of 6 here!

Great reminder
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 09:44 PM   #10
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

If you spot this going on, simply flag the thread and we'll take care of it. Please don't try to deal with it yourself.

Also, please do not quote the post because then we have to take the time to edit your post too.
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Closed